Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 49
  1.    #1  
    I'm moving to Portland, OR next month which is a 4G market. I LOVE WebOS but being the geek that I am 4G on my phone makes me giddy with excitement. Not to mention the enormous screen and the 1ghz of goodness.

    on the other hand though I know I'd miss WebOS and it'd be very easy for me to be convinced back... Palm just has to keep up. 4G, big screen, better hardware... Come on Palm Im pulling for ya but you gotta help me out here.
  2. ajk511's Avatar
    Posts
    116 Posts
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    #2  
    I wouldn't feel bad. Probably gonna do the same depending on when it's released. We have CLEAR running in Chicago and it's pretty good. If the Supersonic comes out before the next WebOs phone I'll probably switch. But I'll also probably switch right back when the new WebOs device is released (preferably a 4g unit) and sell the Supersonic to my brother. That's the nature of the game when you're a Sprint phone *****.
  3. #3  
    Ya we dont' have 4g where I live and I'm picking it up for sure. Can't wait. a 4.3" screen, ooooh my.
  4. Onyoursix's Avatar
    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #4  
    supposed to get 4g where i'm at 3rd quarter, if palm doesn't have a 4g phone i'll be switching till they do.
  5. #5  
    No 4G yet, but the giant screen of the HD2/Supersonic is the one thing that I have to admit I'm a bit jealous of. Even though I love the form factor of the Pre, I'm curious if having that much screen would be worth hauling around the large brick of a phone. But what I really want is a new Palm device with a large screen and still maintaining the vertical slider.
  6. #6  
    The screen looks big and the phone is nice and thin. One thing I'm wondering is how battery life will be.

    I have 2 lines eligible for upgrade as of May 1st, hrmmm.
  7. #7  
    I wouldn't feel guilty. It's not like you're married and wishing for a divorce or something. Same advice we give everyone, try it out at the store, see what you think, see how the customer service is, wait a few months to see what problems there are and if they get fixed, buy if you're happy then. If you just buy blindly on launch day, you stand a good chance of getting a phone that has 4G, but is pretty nasty overall.
  8. #8  
    I have never bought a phone on launch day, because every phone has issues. Personally I don't mind sitting on my Pre for a few months and seeing what Sprint comes out with. I wish we had 4g in WI.
  9. #9  
    Oh man, I just googled "4g San Diego" and I found a post about a guy who found an awesome sign near his house:

    http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4048/...0e2107d7_o.jpg

    Woohoooo
  10. #10  
    I looks like a lovely piece of hardware, but it's running andriod 2.1. I couldn't give up webOS just for that. I helped a customer set up his bluetooth last week on his Eris. After he couldn't find it, it took me almost ten minutes to find the bluetooth settings....Not very intuitive. No thanks! I'll stick with my Pre
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  11. #11  
    I've used the HD2. Very nice screen, but very large phone. I'm just not sure I'd want to carry such a Huge phone and talk on one either.
  12. #12  
    The Supersonic has nice specs... I really don't think modern phones need a fm receiver though
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    I'm moving to Portland, OR next month which is a 4G market. I LOVE WebOS but being the geek that I am 4G on my phone makes me giddy with excitement. Not to mention the enormous screen and the 1ghz of goodness.

    on the other hand though I know I'd miss WebOS and it'd be very easy for me to be convinced back... Palm just has to keep up. 4G, big screen, better hardware... Come on Palm Im pulling for ya but you gotta help me out here.
    I'm in the same boat.

    I picked up my Pre a little later, so I won't be ready for an upgrade until a few months after, but I'm going to survey the landscape and make a decision.

    Right now, the Supersonic, even without access to 4G looks like a great piece of hardware, and I know Android quite well. It's definitely on my short list.
  14. #14  
    Does the android 2.1 version have working exchange support? That's what I would miss the most. As far as I know webos is the only phone os that supports multiple exchange accounts.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    Does the android 2.1 version have working exchange support? That's what I would miss the most. As far as I know webos is the only phone os that supports multiple exchange accounts.
    I'd love to see an answer to this as well, just to have all the facts. My understanding is that Android 2.1 supports Exchange email, but not calendar and tasks.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  16. #16  
    No physical keyboard? No thanks.
  17. #17  
    Looks like Sprint getting the Motorola i1
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    The Supersonic has nice specs... I really don't think modern phones need a fm receiver though
    I think they do, I have used android, and webos and currenlty can't listen to my local stations with no programs. I have only found one app on the iphone that has a program that I can listen to my local stations too.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Looks like Sprint getting the Motorola i1
    ..........and?
  20. karn101's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I think they do, I have used android, and webos and currenlty can't listen to my local stations with no programs. I have only found one app on the iphone that has a program that I can listen to my local stations too.
    What about the 'Radiotime' app? It allows you to access local radio stations.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions