Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Ok, that helps a lot! My interest has been increased further. Sry Palm, that screen is sexy.
    definitely. Hope the battery is huge, too... I don't understand the trend towards smaller cap batteries at all, the pre's is truly cruddy. Way too small.
    Ok, that helps a lot! My interest has been increased further. Sry Palm, that screen is sexy.
    yup, it's overall not that much bigger than the iPhone and it's pretty much all screen.

seeing them side by side, im surprised at how much wasted space there is on the iPhone with its bezel.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    yup, it's overall not that much bigger than the iPhone and it's pretty much all screen.

seeing them side by side, im surprised at how much wasted space there is on the iPhone with its bezel.
    Yea, I was noticing that too. Look at the top speaker...that is just...well...poor design.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Yea, I was noticing that too. Look at the top speaker...that is just...well...poor design.

Hey chud, any pics with all three
    The Supersonic has already shown up in warehouses which means it'll be shipping soon, probably a couple of weeks after CTIA. And I'm honestly sick and tired of people talking about the limited 4G coverage, it's not as if the 4G capabilities of the phone are hindering you in any way, it's just a bonus. And actually, 4G is available in quite a few areas, many just don't realize it because there's only two devices out that are 4G (the USB data card and the Overdrive). There's more 4G coverage now than there was when 3G was introduced.

Get your facts straight people!

If you want a good idea of what the Supersonic form-factor is going to be like, check out these videos: http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/...outube-videos/
    Last edited by barkerja; 03/22/2010 at 02:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    Don't wast ur time, the supersonic is going to suck guys. and that is the reality of all 1st gen devices. look at the original iphone for example, along with the original instinct, and the pre. judging that the supersonic is going to be 1st gen, don't knock it over our 1st gen palm pre. It is worth the wait to just wait for the second gen pre to come out and i bet it will be awesome.

p.s. oh yeah look at the storm 1st gen lmao

im a tech junkie so im sure i will get it to if it has what i want in a phone that the pre fell short on
    Also its not really a first run product its HTC hardware witch is been putting out some great hardware and Android witch has been out longer the webOS . yes its the first wimax but i think that's it . Dont get me wrong I would rather have that HTC hardware with webOS any day.
    Quote Originally Posted by AAA99 View Post
    Also its not really a first run product its HTC hardware witch is been putting out some great hardware and Android witch has been out longer the webOS . yes its the first wimax but i think that's it . Dont get me wrong I would rather have that HTC hardware with webOS any day.
    1Ghz CPU
    512MB of Ram
    4.3" Screen
    4G (Wimax)
    Android 2.1 w/ update Sense UI

And you say "that's it" ..? In no shape or form can you can this is a "first gen" device, if you want to look at the lineage of HTC devices this would be the successor to the HTC Hero, which would make it a second gen.

According to this http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-a9...e-landing-soon it looks as if it's already hit Sprint inventory.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    1Ghz CPU
    512MB of Ram
    4.3" Screen
    4G (Wimax)
    Android 2.1 w/ update Sense UI

And you say "that's it" ..? In no shape or form can you can this is a "first gen" device, if you want to look at the lineage of HTC devices this would be the successor to the HTC Hero, which would make it a second gen.

According to this http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-a9...e-landing-soon it looks as if it's already hit Sprint inventory.

its basicly a nexus one with a bigger screen and wimax so to me thats no first gen . yes it has a few new things but i would buy this phone without the wimax
    Quote Originally Posted by AAA99 View Post
    its basicly a nexus one with a bigger screen and wimax so to me thats no first gen . yes it has a few new things but i would buy this phone without the wimax
    Just curious, what's yur definition of 'first gen'?
  12. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Just curious, what's yur definition of 'first gen'?

To me, first gen is when a company is doing something completely new or making a radical shift in design.

The blackberry storm was first gen as it was a radical shift in interface design for RIM.

The palm pre was first gen as it was new hardware and a new os.

The Supersonic doesn't seem to be first gen to me as it's based around an existing mature(ish) OS and the tech is an evolution of stuff that HTC already produce.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    To me, first gen is when a company is doing something completely new or making a radical shift in design.

The blackberry storm was first gen as it was a radical shift in interface design for RIM.

The palm pre was first gen as it was new hardware and a new os.

The Supersonic doesn't seem to be first gen to me as it's based around an existing mature(ish) OS and the tech is an evolution of stuff that HTC already produce.
    What's first-gen about it is the actual WiMax hardware, which I've heard is pretty power-hungry.

We'll see soon though, I'm sure.
    I want Supersonic, pleasee let it come. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    And I'm honestly sick and tired of people talking about the limited 4G coverage, it's not as if the 4G capabilities of the phone are hindering you in any way, it's just a bonus.[/url]
    It is limited coverage, tho.

It hinders Palm from being able to maximize profits.
    It hinders people from buying the more expensive hardware.
    It hinders the battery life by a great deal.

All for something that MOST more than likely won't see until next year at the earliest. You might be lucky enough to get a 4G phone tomorrow that is actually near a 4G tower... but I highly doubt that you'll even REALIZE the benefits over a 3G network. The latency is the same... a browser with <1GHz proc is gonna render a webpage at virtually the same speed.

3G seems to be faster than WiFi on my Pre quite often. So if a 10 Mbit cable connection to my router gets me slower speeds than 3G... how can I realize the difference with a WiMax connection??

Overall, it's just geek hype. You only want it because the number is bigger... like most want the Nexus for it's 1 GHz process! ... or any other camera phone for it's 5 MP resolution! There's far more to real-world experience than numbers. You've gotta look at the whole package of trade-offs, and especially the output from those trade-offs.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Overall, it's just geek hype. You only want it because the number is bigger...
    I personally don't give a crap about 4G (for now, ask me again in a year.)

I care about the future of the platform - I care about being able to get the apps I want on my platform. I care about my app investment not being wasted.

I DO care about a bigger screen and a bigger battery. I have big pockets and I would gladly trade a couple extra ounces of weight.

I hope Palm survives. I am becoming more and more negative about their chances tho, with every day they're getting left further behind.
    I'm with you, but actually would prefer to switch to the Nexus One.
    The Saint
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post
    I'm with you, but actually would prefer to switch to the Nexus One.
    Why? No Sense UI?
    Quote Originally Posted by bsoder View Post
    Why? No Sense UI?
    I agree with you there. The sense UI is my main attraction to the supersonic, after the deliciously large screen.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Wow, that phone is huge! Great self defense weapon if you get jumped in a dark alley one night.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123