Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Pop quiz, who in this thread owns an iphone? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Pop quiz, who in this thread owns an iphone? lol
    I DO!

Does that make a difference in anything I had to say in this thread? My opinion on what I felt Sprint or Palm should have done come off as bashing or insulting to you?
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Presmurf View Post
    this is totally intelligent marketing. They are trying to sell this product. Iphone is the biggest market of smartphones. More people can associate with anything compatible with the Iphone. So, you sell to the biggest market and tell them you have a more affordable plan. IPhone users aren't the most intelligent of people. They need everything spelled out for them. So, if you say it's Iphone compatible they don't have to do much thinking. If you say it's compatible to any smartphone, the Iphone users will ask, does that mean it's Iphone compatible.
    You know iphone users are some of the most educated, well paid individuals out there so I don't know what you're rambling on about.
    I think some of you guy are way to hard on the iphone the iphone is a cool phone whether yall admit it or not
    OMG. Seriously. This is Sprint's answer to the Iphone?

Lemme get this straight:

Sprint: "I got something that makes your product better".
    Iphone: "you need me to do anything"

My product is so bad, im offering a product that makes yours faster?? Thats all they got? Time to go back to the drawing board for the first product, remember the phone thats supposed to work? As for bein faster, you better hope you live in Vegas or Denver where it exists and not San Diego where they cant implement it... /facepalm.

Ps: The stuff going on in the background of the commercial is creepy.

Iphone is soooo much easier/practical.
    Handspring Visor with Sprint Springboard - Treo 270 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Iphone 3gs
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by semahjiscool View Post
    I think some of you guy are way to hard on the iphone the iphone is a cool phone whether yall admit it or not
    It's called envy.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    those silly iphone users, lol... not like Pre owners right Presmurf?

btw... you didnt by chance actually read the OP original question... did you?

Everyone group has that one person!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adjei View Post
    You know iphone users are some of the most educated, well paid individuals out there so I don't know what you're rambling on about.
    Just cause you're educated and well paid doesn't make you intelligent.
    I work with Doctors at my local Hospitals surgery department. I am very familiar with the highly educated and well paid. They come to me for help with their IPhones. The funny thing about it is, I'm not I.T., I'm one of them.
    Well... the Ad is not Palm related anyways...

I agree with DingWall1 in that it would have been nice if they used a Palm somewhere in the ad. Give Palm some free air advertising and maybe help sell a palm or two.

Just goes to show where Sprint using it's advertising dollars on everything else but Palm and could have given Palm some really free airtime by showing a group of young adults with their Pre and Pixi all sharing the overdrive and doing different things and showing the OS screen loading stuff like one streaming music, the other streaming video, etc and showing how fun and COOL the Pre is.
    Worst. Ad idea. Ever.

That would completely change the dynamic and the purpose of this particular ad. Sure, we all wanna see more advertising for Palm phones, but this isn't the place for it. It's an Overdrive commercial, period.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    Um, the ad wasn't for a phone, it was for a device that takes in 3g/4g and pumps out a wireless signal. It's not marketed to iPhone users, that's absurd. It's for Sprint customers, they're taking a jab at AT&T's 3G speeds. Though the studies done show otherwise, the general consensus (Though opinion may change due to the incredible job AT&T did at SXSW) is that AT&T has bad 3G coverage and cell phone reception. Whether that is true or not, other providers are jumping at the opportunity to exploit this perception of their suddenly popular competitor. Sprint is actually kinda late to the party as Verizon and AT&T have been duking it out with each other with 3G smear campaigns since AT&T hired Luke Wilson to lie for them. The commercial was directed at Sprint Users who happen to be jerks and want something to lord over their iPhone using friends, which judging by what I've read in this forum alone, they are legion. They apparently didn't factor in the fact that the people to which they are directing this ad aren't quite the sharpest tools in the shed and would totally miss the point entirely and fill up the forums with stupid posts about this being a crappy ad.
    I can agree to that.
    This ad shows more of the iPhone interface than it shows of any phone Sprint actually sells. Also, Sprint is obviously as obsessed with Apple as everyone else as there is an iPod Touch ad as well. Why no Droid, BB, or WinMo ads?
    Sprint's iPad '4G case' features an Overdrive pocket, oodles of irony -- Engadget

made me think of this old thread... not marketing iphone/apple users? absurd? lol. i think dan hesse has a woody for apple. i dont think i see sprint making too many accessories for their own products. i have to admit this is a sweet looking product.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykimdotnet View Post
    Um, the ad wasn't for a phone, it was for a device that takes in 3g/4g and pumps out a wireless signal. It's not marketed to iPhone users, that's absurd. It's for Sprint customers, they're taking a jab at AT&T's 3G speeds. Though the studies done show otherwise, the general consensus (Though opinion may change due to the incredible job AT&T did at SXSW) is that AT&T has bad 3G coverage and cell phone reception. Whether that is true or not, other providers are jumping at the opportunity to exploit this perception of their suddenly popular competitor. Sprint is actually kinda late to the party as Verizon and AT&T have been duking it out with each other with 3G smear campaigns since AT&T hired Luke Wilson to lie for them. The commercial was directed at Sprint Users who happen to be jerks and want something to lord over their iPhone using friends, which judging by what I've read in this forum alone, they are legion. They apparently didn't factor in the fact that the people to which they are directing this ad aren't quite the sharpest tools in the shed and would totally miss the point entirely and fill up the forums with stupid posts about this being a crappy ad.
    Sprint's iPad '4G case' features an Overdrive pocket, oodles of irony -- Engadget

made me think of this old thread... not marketing iphone/apple users? absurd? lol. i think dan hesse has a woody for apple. i dont think i see sprint making too many accessories for their own products. i have to admit this is a sweet looking product.
    This is just getting embarrassing for Sprint.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Sprint's iPad '4G case' features an Overdrive pocket, oodles of irony -- Engadget[/url]

I have an overdrive and love it. I take it to work and multiple people from work have an iPhone, among other phones from AT&T and beg me to connect to it since IT has locked down the network. I work out in country in a warehouse so cell towers have not been fully deployed for AT&T.

AT&T is a great network don't get me wrong, but they will never get to a price point that most Sprint users will go to. AT&T is a little late with trying to deploy a network to hold more, 4G is the new hotness and everyone is jumping to it, if I read right (I may be wrong) AT&T is working on 4G but is currently only deploying more 3G coverage. Which isn't bad but for tech people it's a must have now for future smartphones.

This isn't an Ad about Palm's offerings, Palm is not exclusive to Sprint so why should Sprint show off their phone anymore in a Sprint product? The ad get's across what they want to, and it's taking a jab at the higher up smartphone (RIM is #1, not apple FYI). What should have been included was multiple devices connecting to Sprint overdrive, this would have kept the iPhone crowd from throwing a fit about it (no offence but you know it's true, just look at the iPhone owner in this thread).

edit: forgot to mention, I think Sprint went a little far with the iPad case, I would love to see the sales numbers on that. Even though AT&T has the deal for the 3G iPad, it's pretty sad it won't have 4G (if I'm correct)

I agree. I mean, what carrier CEO wouldn't have a woody for the phone that OWNS the mindshare that iPhone does?

Turns out Sprint did a big fat bait and switch.

They were sleaze bags when I dropped them three years ago, and they seem to still be sleaze bags today. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Turns out Sprint did a big fat bait and switch.

They were sleaze bags when I dropped them three years ago, and they seem to still be sleaze bags today. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
    Are you serious? Are you that biased that you've let it control your emotions and opinion(s) of a company because they support a product that you obviously have much hatred towards (and no idea why)?

And for the record, EVERY U.S. carrier wants the iPhone. Both Verizon and Sprint CEO's have publicly expressed their interest in wanting the device. Why wouldn't they? Sorry that we're not all biased like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Are you serious? Are you that biased that you've let it control your emotions and opinion(s) of a company because they support a product that you obviously have much hatred towards (and no idea why)?

And for the record, EVERY U.S. carrier wants the iPhone. Both Verizon and Sprint CEO's have publicly expressed their interest in wanting the device. Why wouldn't they? Sorry that we're not all biased like you.
    You completely missed the point of my last post. Read it again... all the way through, this time. Then, watch the attached video. Their campaign to draw iPad users with a nice looking case was completely FALSE!

By the way, I have good reason for hating Sprint, as many do. You might say that Sprint has improved. But that is much too little, much too late for most of us who were loyal Sprint users in the bad old days, which were not that long ago. Now, they pull this stunt. Bait and switch is ILLEGAL and SLEEZY!
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    You completely missed the point of my last post. Read it again... all the way through, this time. Then, watch the attached video. Their campaign to draw iPad users with a nice looking case was completely FALSE!

By the way, I have good reason for hating Sprint, as many do. You might say that Sprint has improved. But that is much too little, much too late for most of us who were loyal Sprint users in the bad old days, which were not that long ago. Now, they pull this stunt. Bait and switch is ILLEGAL and SLEEZY!
    If I mis-interpreted your post, I apologize. But I fail to see how this is a "bait and switch".
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast