1.    #1  
    Well I am available for an upgrade on April 9th (finally). I have been stuck on an LG Voyager for what seems like forever and I can't wait until I get my first Smartphone! For the past few months I would have gotten a Storm 2, I was set on buying it and there was no doubt in my mind. However, just a few weeks ago Palm has been enticing with the Pre Plus. I know that the company might be going under in a few months but I really want to take the risk. I would really love to get the Pre Plus but after looking throughout the site I see some problems.

First of all is the battery life really that bad? I am just going to be using it for personal use nothing business related. I would use it for the occasional texting, moderate to high internet use, and random messing around with the phone. How long would the battery last. I have been considering buying the slightly better 1350mAH battery to help with the battery but I just don't have the money to buy any thing extra at this point.

The other thing I was curious about is whether or not you can install unauthorized apps on the phone like on Blackberries. I know that a lot of people have preware, but i am wondering if on a website, someone has an app that is downloadable straight to the phone could I just do that right from the website or would I have to go to Preware or the App Catalog?

Thanks for all the help!
    go for it!

please read my post titled 40 days and 40 nights with the VZW pre plus, since it focuses on my experiences with the battery life, and also search some of the other battery tips on these forums. Despite all the negatives you read, and though I agree the battery life could be better, I think the battery life is way more than adequate for a smartphone. And if that's not good enough, unlike the iphone, you can purchase extended batteries in various sizes if the stock battery isn't adequate for you.

be warned, the phone will be hot in the beginning and battery will drain, but it gets MUCH MUCH better after about 5 days.