Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 66
  1.    #1  
    Hate to be the messenger with bad news, but as soon as the Nexus One goes on sale, almost every tech geek that loves the Pre is going to jump ship for it, myself included. Android may not be the greatest mobile OS, but it's definitely got a brighter future than WebOS unless Palm does something like licensing or is purchased with someone that has cash.

    http://newsreleases.sprint.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=127149&p=irol-newsArticle_newsroom&ID=1403426
  2. #2  
    Yeah, you're definitely the first person to find out this news today and post it here, 5 hours after the fact.
  3. #3  
    welcome to the world of competition. My recommendation is to have palm start talking more abiut updates, fixes and new projects. They don't have the position to keep things tight lipped, it's not working...
  4. #4  
    AND in the wrong section
  5. #5  
    yeah dude before you make ur self look like a dumb*** read other threads or do a search something a lot of people here don't do, so we are left with all this point less threads about the same thing.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    yeah dude before you make ur self look like a dumb*** read other threads or do a search something a lot of people here don't do, so we are left with all this point less threads about the same thing.
    Your right, cause my credibility means something to you anyway right? Get a life.
  7. #7  
    jumping ship too until new hardware from palm
  8. #8  
    Nexus One on Sprint = Pre Killer
    Wish one of the Home Brew guys would figure out a way to port WebOS over to the Nexus One.
    WebOS on Nexus One = Everything Killer!
    The Saint
  9. #9  
    and another pointless post
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    and another pointless post
    not necessarily. He's posting his opinion and wanted to know your thougs...
  11. #11  
    If you think Palm has issues....Just wait till you spend time with the Nexus One
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    not necessarily. He's posting his opinion and wanted to know your thougs...
    my "thougs" huh
  13. #13  
    Yep, I'm leaving too. I want a smartphone that doesn't properly support Exchange, highlights Google services that I don't use, has an AMOLED screen that sucks in bright sunlight, can't install more than a handful of apps before it runs out of space, has a kludgy, ugly interface that reminds me of Windows Mobile, is part of a fractured platform where one doesn't know which OS version is going to be supported by one's hardware (and yes, even the future of the Nexus One should be in doubt), is sold and supported by a company (Google) that doesn't know the first thing about supporting hardware devices, doesn't have a physical keyboard, doesn't have a great on-screen keyboard, sucks down battery life at least as badly as my Pre (if not worse), has terribly unstable apps that are prone to crashing, has a difficult-to-use system of multitasking that even without bugs requires constant babysitting. Oh, and it's been a long day, so I'm probably forgetting something.

    Yep, Palm, see you later. I want THAT smartphone, right now!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by omeyga View Post
    If you think Palm has issues....Just wait till you spend time with the Nexus One
    I came from Android phones. I spent many days/hours working on G1 roms. Unless the hardware for the N1 is terrible (honestly does it get any worse than the 4 replacement Palm Pre's I have owned?), then I can deal with the "problems" with Android. I had far less issues with Android than WebOS, and believe me there isnt anyone out there that loves WebOS or Palm than me, after all I have several handspring devices right next to me.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Yep, I'm leaving too. I want a smartphone that doesn't properly support Exchange, highlights Google services that I don't use, has an AMOLED screen that sucks in bright sunlight, can't install more than a handful of apps before it runs out of space, has a kludgy, ugly interface that reminds me of Windows Mobile, is part of a fractured platform where one doesn't know which OS version is going to be supported by one's hardware (and yes, even the future of the Nexus One should be in doubt), is sold and supported by a company (Google) that doesn't know the first thing about supporting hardware devices, doesn't have a physical keyboard, doesn't have a great on-screen keyboard, sucks down battery life at least as badly as my Pre (if not worse), has terribly unstable apps that are prone to crashing, has a difficult-to-use system of multitasking that even without bugs requires constant babysitting. Oh, and it's been a long day, so I'm probably forgetting something.

    Yep, Palm, see you later. I want THAT smartphone, right now!


    beautiful!
  16. #16  
    God forbid someone utters "iPhone", "Nexus One", or "Droid"... here come the Palm kool-aid drinking zombies.

    Just saying, Sprint is gonna throw the Pre under the bus in a hurry. You know Sprint is gonna throw everything they got into a Nexus One campaign, especially if it's available through them with a contract.
    The Saint
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Yep, I'm leaving too. I want a smartphone that doesn't properly support Exchange, highlights Google services that I don't use, has an AMOLED screen that sucks in bright sunlight, can't install more than a handful of apps before it runs out of space, has a kludgy, ugly interface that reminds me of Windows Mobile, is part of a fractured platform where one doesn't know which OS version is going to be supported by one's hardware (and yes, even the future of the Nexus One should be in doubt), is sold and supported by a company (Google) that doesn't know the first thing about supporting hardware devices, doesn't have a physical keyboard, doesn't have a great on-screen keyboard, sucks down battery life at least as badly as my Pre (if not worse), has terribly unstable apps that are prone to crashing, has a difficult-to-use system of multitasking that even without bugs requires constant babysitting. Oh, and it's been a long day, so I'm probably forgetting something.

    Yep, Palm, see you later. I want THAT smartphone, right now!
    AMEN! Preach on! I've played with android a bit, and I still think WebOS is FAAAAAR superior to android, iphone, or anything else out there. Yes they could use some other hardware options, but I love the Pre design. Hopefully Palm will be among the first few that releases a 4G phone.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Yep, I'm leaving too. I want a smartphone that doesn't properly support Exchange, highlights Google services that I don't use, has an AMOLED screen that sucks in bright sunlight, can't install more than a handful of apps before it runs out of space, has a kludgy, ugly interface that reminds me of Windows Mobile, is part of a fractured platform where one doesn't know which OS version is going to be supported by one's hardware (and yes, even the future of the Nexus One should be in doubt), is sold and supported by a company (Google) that doesn't know the first thing about supporting hardware devices, doesn't have a physical keyboard, doesn't have a great on-screen keyboard, sucks down battery life at least as badly as my Pre (if not worse), has terribly unstable apps that are prone to crashing, has a difficult-to-use system of multitasking that even without bugs requires constant babysitting. Oh, and it's been a long day, so I'm probably forgetting something.

    Yep, Palm, see you later. I want THAT smartphone, right now!
    Believe me, I understand what you are saying here. The Pre does great things, and does them fast for the most part. However WebOS and the Pre hardware are like at a prototype stage and I cant put up with replacing the hardware or rebooting it every day because of software issues. For the people who use Google services such as myself find it's integration in things like Google Voice very much less troublesome than WebOS.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    my "thougs" huh
    I was typing on my pre and was rushing...
  20. #20  
    Oh, you mean the one that outsells the Pre 3 to 1, the one that every carrier in the world is begging for, the one that's backed by one of the largest software companies in the world, the one that has 10 times more apps than Palm, the one that's rated in the top 5 list of every major review site on the internet? That one?
    Yep, that's the one we want also!
    The Saint
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions