Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by neno23231 View Post
    skynet what? Lol that was a fictional movie you do realize that rite? What's next dark vader takes over precentral LMFAO ....
    Whats dark vader? lol
    I will be getting the nexus 1 and the ipad also who cares it's my money and my life... Who's the guy talkin about skynet lol ...dude you need to get out the house.....
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    So james the main issue seems to be Google voice for you. Shame that Google changed their apis without any notice to devs as it suited them. Go read the gdialpro's dev blog.
    It's not the main issue. I really hated it when gDial Pro stopped working because of the constant Google Voice changes. That said, Google Voice API is still beta, and it should be expected to change a lot until it's no longer beta. GV for Android is mostly server side, and you can bet Google isnt going to give up on making this work. gDial Pro was also discontinued due to limitations of WebOS.

I dont have a hate-fest for WebOS, I love it in fact. The constant hardware and software issues are just bugging me enough to change. I have a feeling about half of this community is feels the same way. The attrition rate for these Palm devices has to be very high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmike04 View Post
    Whats dark vader? lol
    I said the samething but only starwars geeks would now that one..
    if you all hate the pre so much, why are you here
    can't wait to finally own a solidly built device, I've really been fed up with pre's built quality, common Nexus One and Supersonic.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    This is such an inept way of thinking it would almost be funny if it weren't so foolishly pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    can't wait to finally own a solidly built device, I've really been fed up with pre's built quality, common Nexus One and Supersonic.
    +1
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    People are here because they bought what they thought was the best phone available on Sprint. For many people then either expectations were too high or the quality was too low so they have no recourse other than to go to forums and try to figure out what to do next.

So don't worry, when June rolls by then there will be so many new Pre alternatives that it will thin out the boards and everyone can begin talking about Palms rapidly decreasing numbers and "what went wrong".
    Last edited by Urkel; 03/17/2010 at 11:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    People are here because they bought what they thought was the best phone available on Sprint. For many people then either expectations were too high or the quality was too low so they have no recourse other than to go to forums and try to figure out what to do next.

So don't worry, when June rolls by then there will be so many new Pre alternatives that it will thin out the boards and everyone can begin talking about Palms rapidly decreasing numbers and "what went wrong".
    Hahaha, definitely agree.

Palm definitely has an uphill battle ahead of it. Webos is amazing, but the community is tiny, and the current devices have to be hacked to an insane degree just so the phone works the way it is suppose to. When a new update comes out you see nothing but post after post about how the new update is interfering with all the patching and have to start from scratch.

I love the pre, and one day when webos is on a lot more devices with a lot more users than it will be very successful. I am also eager to play with the nexus 1. It has a faster processor and a 5mp camera. It sucks it doesn't have a standard keyboard, but all that means is we won't see a poorly assembled slider.

I don't understand why so many people are getting so emotional when it comes to this discussion.
    Good, now I've got a timetable to go by. Palm has exactly as long at it takes for the Nexus One to show up at my local Sprint to fix the bugs and roll out new hardware, or I'm outta here (yeah, yeah, I know -- don't let the door hit me on the way out... ).

Seriously, I love, love, love WebOS, but the Pre's craptastic hardware (plasticky, oreo-effect, creaking, blotchy screen, scratches...), epic lagginess, phantom voice mails (i.e. I never got the call that preceded them), and "too many cards open" rigamarole has long since worn thin.

I want Palm to succeed -- I really do -- just not at my expense.

Regards,
    Adam
    Sony: NR70, NX80
    Palm: III, V, Vx, IIIc, m505, LifeDrive, Treo 700p, Palm Pre
    Android: HTC Evo 4G
    I think that Palm is being underestimated....with the PDK, QT, all the WebOS Internals/Homebrew developers...many spending countless hours to enhance this great device...Is the Pre "perfect"...no...but I believe in the potential...not to mention the flaws that android, iphone, etc have as well...Pre does however have some hardware issues...but Palm will improve that in future WebOS devices I have no doubt...I just can't say enough in gratitude to all the people that invest a lot of time into this device...speaking of...caj2008 and uniphysco that worked on increasing (not technically overclocking) the processor speed with careful testing...they have made a lot of news recently on surprisingly cnet being one which has a big "iphone" biased...the difference between 800mhz and 1Ghz is marginal at best...its all about the software in the long run anyways...my conlusion is that I am not leaving the Pre till the next Palm device upgrade is available...people think they have problems with pre...try googling the countless flaws mentioned in reviews of the Nexus Ones many flaws since being introduced...
    it's the opposite of light vader, lol
    The Saint
    or it's just a politically incorrect name for african american vader
    off subject a little...what's with all the fragmented firmware updates?...one Android phone is on 1.5 whilee the other is @ 2.1...multiple resolution and processors to design around for app developers etc...on and on...in the long haul Android will improve...they have the capital no doubt...but they are not there yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post
    God forbid someone utters "iPhone", "Nexus One", or "Droid"... here come the Palm kool-aid drinking zombies.

Just saying, Sprint is gonna throw the Pre under the bus in a hurry. You know Sprint is gonna throw everything they got into a Nexus One campaign, especially if it's available through them with a contract.
    i agree if you say anything negative about the pre must people take it personal. Damn its just a phone.
    because every manufacturer has to put their "twist" on android and not bother to update it until 2-3 versions later and the whole hardware variations for every phone isn't exactly helping android stay uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmike04 View Post
    Whats dark vader? lol
    He's the nemesis of Hand Solo.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    063_xobx> no doubt...there has been a lot of recent stories on this...
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    I'll stick with the Pre anless they come up with the Pre plus for sprint! Or better yet a new version of the Pre.

The WebOS is everything to me that I need on a smartphone. Yeah yeah I know it lacks things here and there but that's the fun part about it hacking it and waiting for updstes.. Feeling the thrill of getting an update that makes your phone that much better..

so far I love the Pre and PAlm keep it up!!!

if anyone wants to change devices well go for it is an " open market"..

no need to hate. Enjoy and choose whatever you want. That doesn't mean everyone is going to do the same..

my 2 cents..
    i feel the same exact way as u do
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast