Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/03/11/apples_iphone_4_0_software_to_deliver_multitasking_support.html
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    And the Iphone will be the first phone to multitask, atleast in Apple's and consumers' eyes.
  3.    #3  
    exactly
    Wait till they announce that you can just flick through tiles and choose which one you want to run...
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    And the Iphone will be the first phone to multitask, atleast in Apple's and consumers' eyes.
    eheh! As always they think they are the first to come with everything. That is what I call corporate autism
    I'll believe it when I see it. Not saying that these people are wrong, but this has been rumored for so long that of course you can get sources who would say that.
    It's just a shame that even though Palm did it first (and probably better) once the commercials for how the iphone can multitask come out Apple will once again overshadow Palm. If I were Palm (and I'm not) I'd be pumping out those multitasking Pre/Pre+ commercials pronto.
    Last edited by xome1983; 03/11/2010 at 12:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    apple is just a bunch of burros come mierda.
    THE GAME OF LIFE
    That new iphone can be full of crap and also smell like it but Apple will market the hell out of it and still sell that POS to the masses.

This is where Palm fails. Marketing.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    The average consumer don't even know the difference between a phone that truly multi tasks and one that doesn't. I know several people who have smart phones and not a one of them knows what multi tasking is and 3/4 of them have no clue what their phone can and can't do. That's a big reason why Apple does so well. Their marketing is fantastic. The phone is good, but not near is good as they make it out to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    The average consumer don't even know the difference between a phone that truly multi tasks and one that doesn't. I know several people who have smart phones and not a one of them knows what multi tasking is and 3/4 of them have no clue what their phone can and can't do. That's a big reason why Apple does so well. Their marketing is fantastic. The phone is good, but not near is good as they make it out to be.
    That's my point exactly. Apple could sell a bible to the devil and he'd buy more than one version of it. Marketing, marketing marketing.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    All this anger over something that hasn't even happened yet?

anyway, I don't care about the politics of all this. I like my Pre and I'm excited my iPad will have multitasking. Win-Win for me.
    Maybe Palm should sue Apple for infringement.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kittykatta View Post
    All this anger over something that hasn't even happened yet?

anyway, I don't care about the politics of all this. I like my Pre and I'm excited my iPad will have multitasking. Win-Win for me.
    People are actually going to buy an ipad?
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    It's just a shame that even though Palm did it first (and probably better) once the commercials for how the iphone can multitask come out Apple will once again overshadow Palm. If I were Palm (and I'm not) I'd be pumping out those multitasking Pre/Pre+ commercials pronto.
    I think apple will do it better. I doubt random too many card issues and laggyness will be in the iphone.

Once again? When hasn't it?

But yeah.. kinda bites..

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Cause I have a Pre

Just replying to xome saying webos prob will do multitasking better. Both of us have no clue which will do so but apple has a record of implementing things that "just work" so I suspect it will be so done with few issues.

iPhone SDK 3.2 showing first hints of multitasking for third-party apps? -- Engadget The dark cloud forms dun dun dun~

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    If you believe that...why are you here??
    Did You Really Ask That Question??? You Sir Are An ......
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I thought Al Gore invented smartphone multitasking like 10 years ago
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    People are actually going to buy an ipad?
    I recall Steve Jobs specifically calling out the PreCentral Forum members as idea candidates for the iPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    I think apple will do it better. I doubt random too many card issues and laggyness will be in the iphone.

Once again? When hasn't it?

But yeah.. kinda bites..
    Yes and the iPhone is a perfect phone without any problems whatsoever. I doubt the Pre plus gets the "too many cards" error. If apple implements multitasking for its next gen device, you can bet it will have way more than 256MB of ram. And when that OS is ported to the 3GS, let's see how well it fares. Just like how snappy the 3G is, running 3.X
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast