Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    every body nows pre was first with tha multitasking . Iphone is just better putting it out to tha public..
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    This is REALLY bad news for the PRE. Multitasking was it's main distinguishing feature.

Maybe the next PRE can be the first
    with a forward facing camera so cell
    phone users can see each
    other.
    that would be so sweet my friend ..star trek shizzle.
    I wonder if they will become even bigger hypocrites and use a card like system.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    And the Iphone will be the first phone to multitask, atleast in Apple's and consumers' eyes.
    I can't wait for all the apple people to scream about how much better their phone is. I have been multitasking on smart phones for a looooong time now, and this feels like the apple camera feature where they install something that was standard far in the past and call it revolutionary. Just like their time capsule system or whatever its called. They blabbed all over the news forever about how awesome they are when windows users have been using that feature for many years.
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I love my Pre, but I think it can be said that it needs some serious memory management on the OS side... Palm can't expect to make the app creation process amateur friendly AND and expect the developers to be experts at memory handling.

The phone multitasks, and it's great when it does it well, but it doesn't always do it well. It's a given that others would jump on the multitasking bandwagon, and I'm betting that if Apple has deigned to do so, it's because they found a good way to implement it without sacrificing stability and memory handling. Aside from more apps, the speed and stability of the iPhone is its only real advantage, they wouldn't throw something in that would jeopardize it.

And I too am the future owner of a iPad, pre-ordered today.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12