Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    sorry, but with all the talk lately on ipads here on precentral, I couldn't help but laugh when I saw this:

    www[dot]huffingtonpost[dot]com/2010/01/27/ipad-video-madtv-predicte_n_438880.html

    (sorry, not enough posts to include http - you'll have to copy and paste and replace [dot] with . )

    I couldn't believe that this skit was created before the apple ipad was brought to market, until I read it there. Maybe Apple didn't do such a good job marketing this one afterall
  2. #2  
    This should not be in the palm pre topic. it should belong in the off-topic.
  3. #3  
    Ut oh... Sorry to tell ya, but you're a day late and a dollar short with this one. This video skit has been posted in the forums several times already (even by me a couple months ago). Funny skit though
  4. #4  
    Attached Images Attached Images
  5. #5  
    no complaints from me.. that was my first time seein it. thanx for the laugh. ^^^ and thanx for that picture....
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Addyc View Post
    This should not be in the palm pre topic. it should belong in the off-topic.
    Ditto.
  7. #7  
    How about the youtube video - ' Hitlr responds to the iPad', that ones funny and creative
    Last edited by casiouser; 03/10/2010 at 02:36 PM. Reason: name was edited
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    i disagree on the widescreen im pretty sure the ipad has an accelerometer so that point is moot but i agree on everything else
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    i disagree on the widescreen im pretty sure the ipad has an accelerometer so that point is moot but i agree on everything else
    actually the ipad is 4:3 and not widescreen...

    loved the picture though! that should be posted everywhere!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    How about the youtube video - ' Hitlr responds to the iPad', that ones funny and creative
    That is hysterical!
  11. miata's Avatar
    Posts
    509 Posts
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    #11  
    I think there used to be charts like this comparing the iPod to alternatives. The reason that Apple blows away other companies is because other companies focus on these charts and not the user experience. I have a hard time seeing how a NetBook is going to be as good as an iPad for web browsing, photos, magazines or books.

    The things that a NetBook does better than the iPad a real laptop will do better than the NetBook. Not so with the iPad.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    How about the youtube video - ' Hitlr responds to the iPad', that ones funny and creative
    Funny,yes. Creative, no. Whoever created the original ****** video was creative, every one else is just a copy cat.

    EDIT: now what is funny is why the forums scrub out h i t l e r ....
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    ...I have a hard time seeing how a NetBook is going to be as good as an iPad for web browsing....
    Netbooks automatically trounce the iPad in web browsing because of Flash. Flash is used for much more than videos and ads, remember.

    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    The things that a NetBook does better than the iPad a real laptop will do better than the NetBook. Not so with the iPad.
    That only worked with the iPhone because little was expected of it. That won't work with the iPad. The iPad is too close to a full machine to not expect it to do as much.
  14. miata's Avatar
    Posts
    509 Posts
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    Netbooks automatically trounce the iPad in web browsing because of Flash. Flash is used for much more than videos and ads, remember.

    That only worked with the iPhone because little was expected of it. That won't work with the iPad. The iPad is too close to a full machine to not expect it to do as much.
    Well, lack of Flash is definitely going to turn off a lot of people. It will definitely turn off my kids who play all the games. I'm not sure that it is a showstopper for me though. I will miss the adds though:-)

    Since I already have a laptop why would I want to get another less capable laptop? If you ask me the NetBook is the hard sell. Why would you buy a NetBook if you already have a laptop? And if you need a laptop why would you buy a NetBook except to save money? Most of the people I know have laptops and see the iPad as very complementary. The NetBook is not complementary to a laptop. A NetBook is a cheap laptop and an iPad is something completely different.

    I see the iPad as something I sit on the coffee table. I really think that the iPad is going to be idea for the kind of web browsing I do. I can even check email on it. I rarely use a keyboard and have a laptop if I need to do a lot of typing.

    A lot of people are already happy using a small screen smartphone for web browsing. People like being able to interact directly with web pages by touching and using on screen gestures. I see the iPad as being like a giant sized Pre for web surfing. That sounds pretty nice to me. In fact, I would completely forget about the iPad if Palm announced a PrePad. I much prefer WebOS over iPhone OS.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions