Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post

Word of mouth travels fast
    In the UK, there is noword of mouth, I have never seen another Pre and I have never heard any discussion about any palm products.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I wonder if Palm could provide WebOS at no cost to other phone makers, at least for a few years... It's hard to beat free.

I can't say I'm clear on what Palm's license strategy is, or whether they would like others to manufacture handsets...

Personally, I think they should try to get WebOS on everything. Note to Pre developers... See if you can figure out how to run WebOS on the Motorola Droid... Do you realize how amazing that would be? Even bigger than running OSX on non-apple computers (which is actually being done today - search youtube...)

If phone users could "switch" to WebOS on their existing hardware... Palm could crush their competition in a heartbeat.

That idea is royalty free, so get busy!!!
    This idea is idiotic. Palm needs money, this idea gets them $0 for their product. Google can get away with it because they have ridiculous amounts of easy money from search ads.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I wonder if Palm could provide WebOS at no cost to other phone makers, at least for a few years... It's hard to beat free.

I can't say I'm clear on what Palm's license strategy is, or whether they would like others to manufacture handsets...

Personally, I think they should try to get WebOS on everything. Note to Pre developers... See if you can figure out how to run WebOS on the Motorola Droid... Do you realize how amazing that would be? Even bigger than running OSX on non-apple computers (which is actually being done today - search youtube...)

If phone users could "switch" to WebOS on their existing hardware... Palm could crush their competition in a heartbeat.

That idea is royalty free, so get busy!!!
    This would be all fine and good, but it will result in fractioning of devices, similar to what has happened on Android. It will result in very few native apps, IMO, because you have to account for a lot of different screen sizes and phone specs.

However, if Palm did license their OS, with specific requirements like MS is doing, that could work.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12