1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if the BlackBerry supports using mp3 files for ringtones?

Trying to help the wife out with her BB Curve 8530...
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Yes, BlackBerry definitely supports this
    Sorry, that wasn't very helpful of me - you can change the default ringtone by choosing this icon from the desktop:

- Scroll down and click Advanced

- Then choose the profile you want to change (I'm guessing either Normal or Loud)

- Now you can select your ringtone, message tone etc - obviously make sure you've got one downloaded either to the device memory or the memory card.

I think you can also now change the ringtone through the Media icon - the OS has had an update since I last used it.

Good luck
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Sorry, that wasn't very helpful of me - you can change the default ringtone by choosing this icon from the desktop:

- Scroll down and click Advanced

- Then choose the profile you want to change (I'm guessing either Normal or Loud)

- Now you can select your ringtone, message tone etc - obviously make sure you've got one downloaded either to the device memory or the memory card.

I think you can also now change the ringtone through the Media icon - the OS has had an update since I last used it.

Good luck
    Is there any particular place the MP3 files need to be for the BlackBerry to find them?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    If I remember correctly it can be placed anywhere you like.

Remember, if the ringtones are stored on an external memory card you may need to activate the memory card - you can do this in Options -> Media Card and then select Enable.
    This video should help you a lot:

The location he uses here is /Media Card/BlackBerry/ringtones/ringtones/