Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Yeah yeah yeah.. another Goodbye thread.

As of today, my Sprint service is canceled and I'm back on AT&T with a new 16GB iPhone 3GS (in White). Prior to the Pre, I used the 8GB iPhone 3G (in Black).

I had a good time with the Pre for the most part and I was nice using something other than an iPhone. Palm has done some extraordinary things with the Pre and webOS but I can't help but feel it's "almost but not quite there" sort of situation. Anyway, an iPhone ties into what I do and what I have better than my Pre anyway.

One of the biggest reasons I decided to drop the Pre was poor quality hardware. Some of you may not have any issues, if that's the case, congrats! I'm happy you have a working Pre. Unfortunately, I went through 4 too many Pres. Props to Palm and Sprint for being so kind in replacing them though.

I will miss the true multitasking.. but I won't miss the hardware nor laggy software.. One thing I'll miss the most is the excitement of rising to the top (hopefully) one update at a time! Enjoy it everyone!!

I'll check back now and again and I'll probably post here still too as I like the site and I'd love to see what Palm does next. I hope the next update to webOS is an awesome one for all you! And I really hope Palm makes it!!

Like I said, they've done some really cool things with webOS and the Pre and I think the smartphone industry needs them breath of fresh air.

Bless all of you webOS users! I hope you have many wonderful things ahead!
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    a graceful exit.

i like that, iphone is a sweet phone...if it had a physical keyboard I would switch too.

In the end, I am a palm f@nboy though
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Thanks. I'm really not here to start trouble.. not a troll or anything. I really do want to see Palm win and be successful and honostly, I do love both phones.

If I could have it my way.. maybe iPhone's speed with webOS and better hardware.

I was telling my brother earlier that the Pre is and always will be my favorite phone in terms of form factor. I absolutely LOVE how it looks and feels. No one has made any piece of hardware more intriguing to me.
    I had an iphone 3gs and I wouldn't go back for all the tea in china. That said, you're post was perhaps one of the least disrespectful and well put exit posts. I truly hope you enjoy your iphone as much as I enjoy me Pre.

EDIT: Let me correct myself, I still have an iphone 3GS it's just not activated and currently collecting dust.
    Last edited by xome1983; 03/05/2010 at 08:22 PM.
    question: how much will your monthly bill be and how much you got the iphone for after tax?
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    All of the problems you pointed out are valid. The Pre hardware quality problems are inexcusable. This phone is my favorite device and the most frustration I've had with any piece of electronic. Wife wante a pre but I steered her away to the pixi. If palm doesn't address this and quick, they deserve to go out of business.

It was great having you around. Enjoy your new phone. Hopefully webOS grows up to run like the iPhone or better by update 2.0
    Last edited by olidie; 03/05/2010 at 10:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    question: how much will your monthly bill be and how much you got the iphone for after tax?
    Actually, it'll be roughly the same. I was paying about $98 with Sprint for Everything Data with Road Side Assistance and the extra fee for credit. With AT&T it'll be $93 before tax so I'm assuming around $105 after. This is with unlimited data, 450 minutes, unlimited text, roadside assistance, etc. One thing I don't get is Any Mobile, Anytime. So I suppose you could say Sprint is still a better value.

Thanks. I really enjoy this site and I like these forums. I'll still looking and discuss. This isn't supposed to be "Pre sucks lolzers!". I love the Pre but my hardware issues left me wanting a little more.

I've switched once and you better believe I'll do it again! I'd like to see Palm release some new hardware first though. Again, the Pre is absolutely my favorite phone in terms of form factor and size/shape.. I really hope the C40 (or any other future device) retains that size and shape but perhaps has a better quality build.. or from what I've heard here, a level of quality that's consistent.
    I minimize the slowness by leaving popular apps open, it is much faster than an iPhone when I do this

chao
    ill miss disagreeing with you but at least your goodbye post wasnt your first one
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olidie View Post
    All of the problems you pointed out are valid. The Pre hardware quality problems are inexcusable. This phone is my favorite device and the most piece of electronic I've ever had. Wife wante a pre but I steered her away to the pixi. If palm doesn't address this and quick, they deserve to go out of business.

It was great having you around. Enjoy your new phone. Hopefully webOS grows up to run like the iPhone or better by update 2.0
    Thanks! I agree, I really hope they fix this because is by far the best mobile OS out now. Keep the updates coming and keep making improvements and lets hope next hardware revision is more solid. I have to disagree with all the analysts who are discrediting Palm right now. They've done an amazing job and I'd be willing to bet they're gonna pull through.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    ill miss disagreeing with you but at least your goodbye post wasnt your first one
    lol awww.. We can still disagree! I'd love to still hang around actually. It's a blast watching webOS grow and it's certainly grown A LOT since it's come out. xobx.. Thanks. I feel you're an integral part of these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    I have to disagree with all the analysts who are discrediting Palm right now. They've done an amazing job and I'd be willing to bet they're gonna pull through.
    Says the guy leaving the platform
    Quote Originally Posted by gksspot555 View Post
    Says the guy leaving the platform
    touche
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Yeah... I still support Palm and webOS. I've got a few people whom I've recommended webOS devices too and I'll continue recommended them! iPhone just isn't for everyone not to mention webOS has to be one of the most exciting OS's out now. I have to prewarn people about my hardware issues though! Still, the fact I hear a lot of people say they have no such hardware issues at all leads me to think I was just unlucky.
    I hear ya. If apple wasn't evil I'd be there too.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    I hear ya. If apple wasn't evil I'd be there too.
    Amen!

Not to mention the fact that AT&T unlimited family plans are A LOT more than Sprint.
    Back to the flock of sheep, have fun, enjoy the view.
    I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. Your being extremely fair but at the same time it is really to bad you had such bad luck with the hardware.

I'm one of those jerks with the launch day pre that has no issues and after the 1.4 update, I'm happy with the speed. But a smartphone is such a personal decision and you really have to go with what makes you happy.
    Man, I was all ready to be ****ed off about another goodbye post, but this is actually a nice little thread going I am someone who has had no issues with the Pre in the nearly 7 months I've owned it, and absolutely love the phone. However, if I had to replace more than maybe 3-4 times I would probably have to move on as well... probably just not to an Iphone though.

Good luck
    how much was the price of the iphone itselt, after tax was what I meant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast