Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    put in good words in the iphone forums for devs..lol so we can get those apps ported
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    It is a classy exit. He is leaving when Palm is really shining! What does the IPhone have that we don't now? MY Pre is working so well now. Plenty of Apps. I couldnt look thru a bizillion apps..thats like flicking thru the cable channels. (but nice to have) And my Sprint account rocks! Great Customer Service cheap pricing and now we can get new phones every year!
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    how much was the price of the iphone itselt, after tax was what I meant
    ???

take the price of the phone and multiply it by 1.xx where xx is the tax rate in the area you are purchasing it.

???
    I truly hope that the ppl at Palm see this thread as it should be totally unacceptable to lose a WebOS advocate to another platform due to poor hardware.

Losing you is like the iPhone losing 50 and Palm really can't afford that right now IMO.

I'm still on my first Pre (knock on wood) so I haven't had the problems you had but it can't be just you based on so many posts we see in this forum.

So best of luck with your new iPhone and we'll hold it down till you come back, 'cause you know you'll be back....lol
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Best farewell thread I've seen yet. Congrats on returning to a device that fits you better - sad that Palm's crappy hardware drove you to it.

Enjoy that 3GS!
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstarx View Post
    we can get new phones every year!
    Awe.F'n.Some.

Yesterday, my wife (with Verizon) was all sorts of pumped when she realized that she gets her upgrade in July '10...she bought it in Sept '08 & figured she'd get a new one in Sept '10, but I guess they do it at 22 months. Naturally, I had to share in her excitement by mentioning that I only have 3 months to go till my upgrade and potential 'new & improved' webOS device......Well...Let's just say that she went from happy to unhappy in .026 seconds, a new world record! And I quote (rather loudly) "OOOoohhhhh NOOOoooo, you just got that (censored) phone! If you think you're..." I took 2 steps back, said a quick prayer, and went for it...I cut her off mid-sentence! Ummm, bad idea. I'll learn one of these days. Usually when I have good news I can get away with it...and even though I did have good news (about being a "premier" member and getting the 1 yr upgrade), it didn't pertain to nor benefit her...so it might have well have been bad news! PLUS, i cut her off!! AND i get a new phone before her!!! She didn't talk to me all day today. Life is good.

(disclaimer: I am not a trained professional. DO NOT try this at home. I was denied a life insurance policy when I accidentally tried the "Kutoffen Midsentinz" move in front of the salesman.)

My bad...not tryin' to hi-jack.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I dropped $270ish after tax and an added year of Apple Care. The pre was nice as it was cheaper (okay..usually free..) to replace.

I'm still an advocate for Palm and webOS! Don't get me wrong. I stand by good products when I see them and I truly believe webOS is something special! And I'll continue to recommend it to people.

I'm glad to hear some of you are having no issues at all!

Just wait until next week, webOS is gonna get lots of great games! On top of the games already available!

I'm going to make note of some the subtle things I find "easier" on iPhone and suggest them to palm via the Suggestion Submission page. I'm sure palm is already considering some things but it would good to hear it from a consumer.

I'm really glad I paid for my Pre and showed support too!

Thanks everyone for complamenting the thread too. There are some really nice people on this forum and the last thing I'd want to do is show any disrepect. We've established a great community here and it's only going to get better!

I can't wait to see Palm sales go up and analysts chane their tunes... And stocks going up..
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Didn't realize it was you Tcub, I have seen you alot in this forum helping people out and you have been an awesome contributor to this forum. Good luck with you new phone. One question, have you tried to swipe away anything yet on the screen of your iphone?
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I truly hope that the ppl at Palm see this thread as it should be totally unacceptable to lose a WebOS advocate to another platform due to poor hardware.

Losing you is like the iPhone losing 50 and Palm really can't afford that right now IMO.

I'm still on my first Pre (knock on wood) so I haven't had the problems you had but it can't be just you based on so many posts we see in this forum.

So best of luck with your new iPhone and we'll hold it down till you come back, 'cause you know you'll be back....lol
    Thanks! Palm has an employee here.. Maybe he could chime in whattheyre doing to ensure hardware is built properly. This may be in Palms control but since they don't manufacture the stuff themselves, it can get a little tricky. It's not always in the control completely.

I can't stress enough that I've got nothing against Palm, the Pre, webOS, or anyone here!

I suppose saying "farewell" wasn't the right choice of words as still be an active member in the community. Visting this site for news and browsing the forums has become such a strong habit from when I got the Pre. I'd like to continue visting and discussing. Hopefully no one minds.

And I'd love to provide whatever technical support I can. My signature still holds true! I just love technology so much, i want everyone to get the most out of whatever they're using.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Didn't realize it was you Tcub, I have seen you alot in this forum helping people out and you have been an awesome contributor to this forum. Good luck with you new phone. One question, have you tried to swipe away anything yet on the screen of your iphone?
    Thanks! I'll continue to support anyone with anything I can. I actually have tried swiping apps... And I was thinking I was going to get card view for a second...

Like I said, webOS is truely something special! Everyone needs to see it and experience it for themselves. It's truly a revolutonary OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    I suppose saying "farewell" wasn't the right choice of words as still be an active member in the community. Visting this site for news and browsing the forums has become such a strong habit from when I got the Pre. I'd like to continue visting and discussing. Hopefully no one minds.

And I'd love to provide whatever technical support I can. My signature still holds true! I just love technology so much, i want everyone to get the most out of whatever they're using.
    I hope you do stay around. Even though I'm still fairly new here I can see you are an intergral part of the community here. Also you can keep us up on the goings on in the iPhone arena from a more fair persective than the iPhone people who come in here just to start trouble. And don't wear a groove into your new 3g trying to back swipe.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by gksspot555 View Post
    I minimize the slowness by leaving popular apps open, it is much faster than an iPhone when I do this

chao
    Isn't that pretty much what the iPhone does ? I mean when you go from one app to another, you don't close the app as such, you just go to another ?
    WebOS still makes sense.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by karstenskov View Post
    Isn't that pretty much what the iPhone does ? I mean when you go from one app to another, you don't close the app as such, you just go to another ?
    Yes and no. Some apps save your state while others will completely close out.

I think it is a good idea to hang out in the cross platform forum and just keep everyone up to date on what's going on, make suggestions for new Pre features so patches can get made etc.

Youre all awesome! Love this forum!
    WAIT! Why apple? why Now? They have a new phone coming out soon. Android is a much better choice. ..or wait for windows phone 7 and Palm Pre2.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12