Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have absolutely no use for this device in my life, but oh boy do i want one!

Engadget covers it all here.

Still a need for a webOS tablet? I think so, but damn it looks like M$ is really innovating now, first WM7, Project Natal, and now this.
    Nice for those who have a work flow like this (students or designers perhaps?). The question for me is how good is the handwriting recognition going to be?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    By far the best UI and most "ideas of what the future should be like" electronic device!
    Might just go windows phone when this comes out, wow!

OMG! Same OS as zune and windows 7 mobile!!! one damn powerful os!

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Nice for those who have a work flow like this (students or designers perhaps?). The question for me is how good is the handwriting recognition going to be?
    Would love to abandon my current tablet for a workhorse laptop and this device. I have no doubt the handwriting recognition is superb. It is built into Windows (Vista and 7), and MS has been working on it for about a decade now.
    Much better idea than the dumb #ss Apple ipad.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Much better idea than the dumb #ss Apple ipad.
    You mean Ipoop, or Ipeed. I mean come on it sounds like a feminine hygine product.

Love the new microsoft courier though.

Although it sounds like the next big product upgrade is the xbox. booo, i dont like that one.
    You know me to be a reasonably smart person, don't you think I would know if I were wrong?
    I don't necessarily dislike the iPad, like many of you here seem to. I just don't really see any purpose for its existence. It's missing anything even close to a killer app.

The Courier on the other hand, which I've been interested in for a while as an addition to my full-sized tablets, just screams out the tons of uses one could have for it.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I thought Pen OSes were gone. Back to the future I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    OMG! Same OS as zune and windows 7 mobile!!! one damn powerful os!
    That's greatly over-simplifying things. Windows CE is like the foundation of the OS, really. It's highly modular, and then your uses are built on top of that.

In other words, the Zune OS / Windows 7 Phone OS is built on top of Windows CE. Just because the Courier OS is as well, doesn't mean that they'll have much in common that's actually noticeable.

I mean, as an example, some Dreamcast games were built on top of Windows CE. Ford Sync is also built on Windows CE. Does that mean either of them have anything in common with Windows 7 Phone or Courier?
    It looks amazing, however, can it multitask? If it is based on Windows 7 Mobile, it means no multitasking? I guess we will have to see the real thing in action in order to find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    I thought Pen OSes were gone. Back to the future I guess.
    it's pen, and finger, which is the best for a tablet...

I like the features, but the os looks like it could get a little to complicated... Not sure how multitasking works either... I had came up with a few sketches for fun, that had some similar ideas, and mixed with web-os.,,Theres still some things, i think mine did better, but this Of course, it had a fair amount of things my sketch didn't, but then again, i'm a high school student who spent 10 minutes drawing..
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Seems like a completely different device from the iPad. I see the iPad as something optimized for the coffee table. Pick it up and read a magazine, newspaper, book or web surf from the sofa -- maybe play games, watch a movie or view photo albums. Maybe you would take the iPad on a train or to the park. These use cases require minimal input.

The Courier seems more like a Newton/PDA type of device. The Courier seems to be aimed at doing the kinds of things I want to do with my phone. The iPad is optimized for doing things that the phone is not at all optimized for -- web surfing, magazine reading, photos, movies, etc.
    IF Microsoft does this right then I'll definitely get a courier because it's such a practical and well designed concept.

But since there's no real release date then Im getting an ipad because (despite all the hate out here) it's an interesting product that I think would be very useful at home.

Given the choice between the two, I'd say the courier is infinitely more promising as something I'd actually WANT to carry around. Apples big appeal is an established app catalog, media hype and it's actually a real product.
    I bet ipad will success.
    I thought it may change how "some of the existing businesses" outlooks

If you look at ipod. Apple has transform itself into a largest world music distributor.
    And with iphone, Apple further into a software distributor.

With Ipad, Apple may probably into a books distributor, or magazine advertisement distributor, or DVD, movies distributor, ....

To Apple, Ipad, or creative softwares built inside maybe just a tool to create power that let them sell books, magazine, advertisement, DVD, movies....without any bargains from the vendors.
    What I like about the Microsoft Courier is that it seem so "non-Microsoft". I hope they can pull it off...
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Is this the mobile version of Microsoft Bob?
    ˙ʇıɥs ʎloɥ
    I watched the videos and I am deeply impressed. When will this get released?
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by petvas View Post
    I watched the videos and I am deeply impressed. When will this get released?
    Apparently 3rd/4th quarter of 2010.

That's pretty early in my books seen as its a radical leap in UI. But hopefully it will happen and it doesn't get pushed back. This is exactly the type of innovation we need.
    do we know its price? If it is around 400-500 I am sold.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast