1.    #1  
    This isn't new info... If you are getting the message on your Windows 7 RC that it will expire, if you set the date back to, lets say 2009, you have that much more time before it expires.
    What!?!! Awesome!
    I recently upgraded from Window 7 RC.

Yep, you read that right, upgraded; no data lost, everything preserved perfectly

I upgraded to Windows 7 Professional.

This was the guide I followed for others that want to do it: Upgrade the Windows 7 RC to any retail version Icrontic Tech

Note: If you use Kaspersky, be sure to uninstall that or it'll break the upgrade.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    ^^^same here...yesterday.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I recently upgraded from Window 7 RC.

Yep, you read that right, upgraded; no data lost, everything preserved perfectly

I upgraded to Windows 7 Professional.

This was the guide I followed for others that want to do it: Upgrade the Windows 7 RC to any retail version Icrontic Tech
    Thanks. I just upgraded from the W7 RC, and these instructions worked like a charm. I'm very happy that I won't have to do a clean install.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    I'm in the same boat twice. Upgraded one RC to Home Premuim then my system to Pro. Went off without a hitch. I'm sure MS intended for it to work this way but since there's no *garuntee* that it'll work right they just tell you to do a clean install so they're not responsible for problems.

- Phil -