Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by ToolkiT

If he does return it he did do something to deserve it.. he was honest.. I think that is something that should be rewarded...
    A golfer named Bobby Jones illustrates my thinking:

At the 1925 U.S. Open in Worcester, Massachusetts, Jones's ball moved in the long grass on the steep bank by the eleventh green as he addressed it; he insisted, over official objections, on adding a penalty stroke to his score. When praised for his honesty, he retorted, "You might as well praise me for not breaking into banks. There is only one way to play this game."

Long winded moral: Feeling good about yourself as an ethical, trustworthy person who is respectful of other's property and person is/should be all the reward a person needs. The fact that society thinks it isn't enough is a shame.
  2.    #22  
    Well, here's what I did:

After remembering how well they treated me on a VCR that I bought from them a few years ago (kept chewing tape, repaired once and on the second time it chewed tape they offered to refund my money instead of sending it back in to be repaired; I ended up getting a more expensive vcr at CC), I decided to give them a call and explain to the manager what happened. He thanked me for being honest and asked that I bring it in.

I did bring in the clie and the worker did a return. When the manager came back from break, he thanked me for my honesty and ended up offering me to sell me the more expensive unit for the same price that I originally paid. I did take him up on the offer and thanked him for customer service. I will most certainly return to Circuit City for their customer service and that is not just because I happened to get a deal this time, but they seem to go out of their way to help unlike the Best Buy accross the street, where nobody seems to be able to answer questions.
    Originally posted by Wheels
    Well, here's what I did:
    Well my faith in mankind has be restored.

Now, you have the more expensive Clie for the same price you would have paid had you not returned it, but now your conscience is clear.
    Congratulations!

As for service and support horror stories- we hear them all the time about nearly every store on Earth. Too often, it is not because of bad store policies, it is because of unmotivated or untrained staff, or similar factors.

I would encourage you (or anyone else with a good story) to write to the local and national headquarters to brag up the story. Companies usually use these brags as motivational and instructional tales in an effort to improve things overall.

Besides- they often send you a cool gift certificate or something similar for your efforts!

Bad stories should also be submitted- they use these for training as well (and often for manager evaluations!) The HQ is also likely to send you some incentive to try them again!

For maximum results, do not send via E-mail, use nice stationary (business letterhead if you have any), and choose your words carefully. Instead of being mad, you are shocked and dismayed that a store of this caliber would do something like this, etc. (There are some great books at the library for writing such letters- give them a try!)
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are at!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12