Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jstew10 View Post

Besides, the Droid and Pixi are made for completely different people. The Pixi is for someone who not only doesn't use wifi, it's for someone who doesn't know what wifi is. I would buy a Pixi for my mom or wife in a heartbeat, but that's becasue they don't need or know how to use all the advanced features that a Droid/Pre have to offer. It would be lost on them.
    Couple of thoughts:

1) Note that the Pixi+ does have WiFi.

2) The Pixi and the Pre run the exact same webOS, so what are the "advanced features" of the Pre? These is a modest performance increase of the Pre vs Pixi, but other than that ...????

The Pixi is obviously a misunderstood platform. Something should not be dismissed just because it is small.
    Last edited by priller; 03/05/2010 at 06:21 PM.
    The Pixie is a great form factor. As far as the "lag" use a Pixie Plus for a while, then use a Pre Plus. You will see the lag and lower performance of the Pixie.

As for the Droid, I messed around with it today. The keyboard is awkward. The browser only opens horizontally, not vertically. And, there is no "pinch and zoom" in the browser pages. And, the functions were less than intuitive and I really, really missed the gestures of the WebOS.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    As for the Droid, I messed around with it today. The keyboard is awkward. The browser only opens horizontally, not vertically. And, there is no "pinch and zoom" in the browser pages.
    Maybe the accelorometer was stuck on that unit but all Android browsers work in portrait and there is pinch to zoom now after a software update I'm really interested to get hold of a Pixi Plus and WebOS in day to day use, I'd be going opposite and going from a Milestone to a Pixi, just waiting on a UK version
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12