1.    #1  
    PalmInfoCenter put out an article that the T600C and T400C -- the Japanese versions of the T615C and T415C -- are being discontinued. The assumption (close to a certainty) is that the T615C and the T415C will soon be toast as well.

As a T615C owner, this... doesn't bother me at all! Mainly because this means that Sony will probably be releasing something to fit that market slot fairly soon. The NR70 was more than I really wanted, so I haven't felt tempted to switch.

However, if there's something new coming out in the general T-series format, but with a virtual grafitti area or a 66Mhz processor (and a better battery) -- now, that would be nice. (I also hear musings about a built-in MP3 player, but I doubt it -- that would knock the price up into the area that the NR70 is built to grab.)

Just so they keep the current T-series serial connector -- that would mean that a single Stowaway Keyboard model could work for all T-series and the NR70 series both.

(I have to say, with Sony's short lifespan for their PDA models, that I'm glad I'm not a PDA accessory manufacturer -- particularly a case manufacturer.)
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Three main things I am fairly certain of.

-First I think it will have the traditional "rectangular" form factor as opposed to the "clamshell" NR series - this means no built-in keyboard.
    -Second, I think it will definitely have the 66Mhz processor, and the same amount of RAM (16mb).
    -Third, I highly doubt it will have an MP3 player.

It may or may not have a Virtual Graffiti area.
    It may or may not have the newer, richer, more color-saturated screen.

-=-=-=-

If the new PDA has: Virtual Graffiti, 66 Mhz CPU, and buttons underneath the screen, I will toss my NR70 in a second.

The keyboard doesn't do a THING for me so far on the NR series. I have very thin fingers and the buttons are TINY for even me. I feel sorry for any of you hulking gaijin with sausage fingers.
    -Trotsky
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Trotsky
    Three main things I am fairly certain of.[...]
    I think you're spot on with all three, though I'd put money on the newer, richer, more color-saturated screen. (Particularly as you get it by having a less blue-ish backlight/sidelight/whatever-light.

If the new PDA has: Virtual Graffiti, 66 Mhz CPU, and buttons underneath the screen, I will toss my NR70 in a second.
    Even though I've only had my T615C since January, I might consider the same thing -- particularly if it has the virtual grafitti area (and I could keep my soon-to-arrive Vaja case, because of the same dimensions). Oh, and better buttons.

And I appreciate the candid comments about the NR70's keypad. I don't have sausage fingers, but they're an uncoordinated bunch of dingos.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    I use my NR70 almost exclusively in the "compacted" mode and the thing I miss most are hard buttons. I don't care about the dinky toy camera, I don't care about the tiny keyboard - I just want some hard buttons in compact mode! That would have made this thing PERFECT.

Not that I don't love it. ^_^ .V..

Man I thought the T-615 was cool looking; the NR series looks like some weird Cyber-tech. And finally Sony made a cradle that is almost as smooth as the Edge cradle.

I went from Edge to M505 to T-615 and have been lamenting the super ugly cradles.... The NR cradle appeased me somewhat.

-Trotsky