Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I am thinking about selling my Motorola Droid and buying a Palm Pre Plus. I like the screen size, speed, battery life, and speakerphone quality of the Droid but the Android OS just doesnt seem right for me. Android feels so dated and ugly compared to WebOS and the iPhone OS and much less elegant and functional.

Before I make the final decision I would like to hear from some of you that already have the Pre Plus.

How is the earpiece volume and speakerphone volume?
    How is the battery life compared to the Droid and iPhone?
    How is the reception compared to the Droid?
    From what I understand the Pre does support push services, but what exactly does the pre push? Email (Gmail specifically) ? Instant messaging clients? other apps such as facebook?
    Is there anything that you feel is important that I havent listed here?

I have already played with the Pre at the store and know I love WebOS but some of the things I asked above are hard to test within the store.
    Please do not do this. There are already threads on this where people have gotten into digital fist fights. Use the search, guy.
    Best advice I can give is take advantage of the 30-day warranty.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    keep the Droid.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    keep the Droid.
    Like chode says I would keep the droid and use it to wipe my ****... as a replacement for the Droid I would definitely pick up the Pre Plus
    Quote Originally Posted by gksspot555 View Post
    Like chode says I would keep the droid and use it to wipe my ****... as a replacement for the Droid I would definitely pick up the Pre Plus
    im trying to decide what i want to report you for. so many choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by badjokes View Post
    Is that supposed to be impressive? Android allows usb, wifi and Bluetooth tethering. Unless the multitasking is supposed to be impressive in which case Android multitasks to almost no end. It's common for me to have a couple dozen apps running.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathwish238 View Post
    Is that supposed to be impressive? Android allows usb, wifi and Bluetooth tethering. Unless the multitasking is supposed to be impressive in which case Android multitasks to almost no end. It's common for me to have a couple dozen apps running.
    yeah, except WebOS does it so muc better! I mean windows mobile multi tasks also! It is so much easier and faster to swith between apps on the Pre than on any android phone.
    Hang on! I'll answer, but first I gotta run over to the iPhone forums and ask if I should get an iPhone or a Palm phone...I'll be right back.....
    They said iPhone...hm...
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    yeah, except WebOS does it so muc better! I mean windows mobile multi tasks also! It is so much easier and faster to swith between apps on the Pre than on any android phone.
    True, switching between apps with WebOS is more elegant. Do you choose between using Linux and Windows based on which has a prettier alt+tab?

The Pre needs better app switching...because the only other way to access an app is through your app menu. An Android user can go DAYS without pulling up their app drawer because their important apps are on their home screens. And it can actually be faster to switch between apps on Android depending on how many Cards you have to swipe through on the Pre.

Something like Widgets however is far more important and useful than beautified app switching...imo of course.