1.    #1  
    So I'm thinking about getting the iPad. 95-percent of my use would be in wifi areas so I wouldn't need to spend more for a 3G version. However, occasionally I would be on the road without wifi.

Do you think the ipad could tether to the Pre?
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman View Post
    So I'm thinking about getting the iPad. 95-percent of my use would be in wifi areas so I wouldn't need to spend more for a 3G version. However, occasionally I would be on the road without wifi.

Do you think the ipad could tether to the Pre?
    No reason it couldn't if you are able to use your phone as a wifi hotspot.
  3.    #3  
    That's what I was thinking. Cool.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I was thinking of the basic $499 model too since I don't necessarily need 3G, but I'm not sure yet. Apple is all about simplicity so their product lines are usually pretty streamlined. But with the iPad they have 6 skus in a confusing (to consumers) lineup so my conspiracy theory is that they never intended on making a non-3G model. They just did it to get the $499 pricepoint and by christmas they'll drop the 3G+8GB model to $499 and eliminate all non-3G models. So i figure if you're going to buy one, then pick the one Apple intended to make.

I know it's stupid logic, but the whole idea of buying the iPad still doesn't make sense for me so I'm all over the place with my rationalizing.