Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46
  1. BigCTM's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
       #1  
    Used the Droid and the Pre Plus today for about 30 minutes each in a Verizon store and I have to say that the Pre Plus won me over. The Droid was overall slightly faster I would say but there is something about the Droid that seems unfinished and clunky. It is not near as refined as Web OS. I have never used either one until today - always been a Windows Mobile user. Very impressed with Web OS...Plan to pick one up this weekend -
  2. #2  
    The WebOS is rock solid. Hopefully Palm can continue to refine and upgrade the OS plus come out with better hardware for it.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCTM View Post
    It is not near as refined as Web OS. I have never used either one until today - always been a Windows Mobile user. Very impressed with Web OS...Plan to pick one up this weekend -

    Well put
  4. #4  
    The only thing I really liked about the droid was it's build quality. The os is okay but like the OP said not nearly as refined as webOS.
  5. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCTM View Post
    Used the Droid and the Pre Plus today for about 30 minutes each in a Verizon store and I have to say that the Pre Plus won me over. The Droid was overall slightly faster I would say but there is something about the Droid that seems unfinished and clunky. It is not near as refined as Web OS. I have never used either one until today - always been a Windows Mobile user. Very impressed with Web OS...Plan to pick one up this weekend -
    Were the Verizon guys pushing DROID ?
  6. BigCTM's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
       #6  
    Oh yeah...big time...

    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Were the Verizon guys pushing DROID ?
  7. #7  
    Good Choice! Welcome to WebOS.
    ***I Twitter***

    Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  8. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCTM View Post
    Oh yeah...big time...
    Thanks, so point proven, Verizon is pushing Droid. Why on earth they can't be neutral?
    Hope you enjoy your Pre.
    Last edited by gbp; 02/25/2010 at 02:15 PM.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Thanks, so point proven, Verizon is pushing Pre. Why on earth they can't be neutral?
    Hope you enjoy your Pre.
    You mean the droid.

    I had the same experience, guy told me you can do more with the Droid. I laughed at him and whipped out my Sprint Pre. Showed him around, showed him some games....the guy was dumbfounded and said he had no idea....

    I told him....push the Pre...show them what it can do, not that stupid Hemorrhoid....uh I mean Droid.
  10. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    You mean the droid.
    Yes , Hemorrhoid....uh I mean Droid
  11. #11  
    Glad to hear it! I too came from WM and found that of all the smartphone OS's out there webOS fit the best! I really think people need to realize that for a smartphone OS thats been around for such a small amount of time like webOS that it really is quite refined and very usable for any type of phone user.
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
  12. bakerja's Avatar
    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    #12  
    Probably more profit margin in the droid.
  13. #13  
    I am on the 29th day of my 30 days at VZN. I was in the store today looking at the Droid. I did not have much time but the build quality seemed much better. I could not comment on the OS because I did not have time to really fool around with it. I was in the store because my slider is a little loose and I am concerned it will get worse with time. The Droid was so tight. The Pre in the store was like a piece of crap. It double typed constantly and there was probably a 1/4 gap in the slider. I think customers were probably testing it for oreo and made it worse. I thought it was going to fall off.

    I hope I wake up tomorrow and decide to keep this phone because the OS is awesome.
    700P...755...Pre+...Pre 2...Touchpad
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCTM View Post
    Used the Droid and the Pre Plus today for about 30 minutes each in a Verizon store and I have to say that the Pre Plus won me over. The Droid was overall slightly faster I would say but there is something about the Droid that seems unfinished and clunky. It is not near as refined as Web OS. I have never used either one until today - always been a Windows Mobile user. Very impressed with Web OS...Plan to pick one up this weekend -
    And it's even nicer "under the hood". No jailbreaking nonsense. Connect to it as designed, and play! Welcome aboard!

    Main Page - WebOS Internals
    : (){:|:&};:
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I told him....push the Pre...show them what it can do, not that stupid Hemorrhoid....uh I mean Droid.
    A part of me totally agrees with you and I would love them to just push the Pre.

    However, if they took customer service seriously, then they would spend some time with the customer to find out exactly how they would use the phone and what's important to them in a smartphone. Then recommend the phone that matched the customer's needs the best.

    -Skippy
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerja View Post
    Probably more profit margin in the droid.
    I'd guarantee their commissions and spiffs are higher. Can only blame the manufacturer for that one.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Thanks, so point proven, Verizon is pushing Droid. Why on earth they can't be neutral?
    Hope you enjoy your Pre.
    The reps most likely to sell what they know better, and most likely to sell the phone that they have gotten the least complaints by customers with.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    The reps most likely to sell what they know better, and most likely to sell the phone that they have gotten the least complaints by customers with.
    This could be true, but I stand by what I said.

    I've been selling since I graduated from High School, through college, and I still sell.

    It's really hard when you have 1 product that's paying up 25% more of a commission, has an insanely good Motorola ad campaign behind it, and great hardware. The other product might be "better" for the customer, but it's very tough as a sales rep to go that direction.

    The VZ reps are probably being paid significantly more to push the Droid. On top of that, you have hardware that's massively superior to the Pre.

    What do you think the outcome is going to be?
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy07 View Post
    A part of me totally agrees with you and I would love them to just push the Pre.

    However, if they took customer service seriously, then they would spend some time with the customer to find out exactly how they would use the phone and what's important to them in a smartphone. Then recommend the phone that matched the customer's needs the best.

    -Skippy
    To me, there is nothing that stands out on the Droid that makes it a significantly better phone than the Pre. Back in the day of the iphone 3g, if you wanted 3g games, it was the only phone on the market, no doubt, it would have been the only choice, but that is no longer true. I think the Pre is the best jack of all trades, and the Droid has nothing that I can think of that the Pre can't do, besides a bigger screen and the bigger keyboard. People that want that big slider and big screen, they will just go to the Droid no matter what, but people that don't care about what the form factor is should know what all the Pre can do. Blackberrys are phones that really have a big following with the Real Estate crowd because of the phones ability to deal with MLS, none of the other phones can do it as well as the Blackberry can, for them the choice is easy.

    But yeah, I guess you're right, there is a perfect phone for certain people, but there is a big group of people, mainly the ones who buy their first smart phone that really need to do their homework before buying. Too bad pushing a certain phone is common practice.
  20. #20  
    ive had both and as nice as the OS is on the pre you can do alot more with the droid, and theres way more hacks
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions