View Poll Results: What phone would you have if there was no Palm?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • iPhone

3 14.29%
  • Blackberry

4 19.05%
  • Android

13 61.90%
  • Windows Mobile

1 4.76%
  • Standard Texting/messaging phone

0 0%
  • Phone? Internets? I know not of what you speak

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Then what phone do you think you would currently own? Personally, i've come from a treo pro, and prior to that the centro (before those i just had your average text/camera only flippy floppy phones). I'm almost 100% sure i'd give into the iphone craze and be struttin' around with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnessinfall View Post
    Then what phone do you think you would currently own? Personally, i've come from a treo pro, and prior to that the centro (before those i just had your average text/camera only flippy floppy phones). I'm almost 100% sure i'd give into the iphone craze and be struttin' around with that.
    If Palm never existed? There would be no Precentral site and i wouldnt be reading this lame thread.. LOL
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    Prior to the Pre, I was struggling horribly with a Windows Mobile phone. This was after my Treo 650 broke and I saw the writing on the wall regarding PalmOS. I went with Windows Mobile because I need Exchange support at work, but I certainly wasn't happy with it.

I can't stand the Blackberry or the iPhone, and I need something with PIM apps and such, so I can't go with a dumbphone. If Palm does fail, I really don't know what I'll go with. Perhaps a Windows Phone 7 since I use a Zune, but that bizarre OS doesn't seem much better in technical terms than the iPhone OS.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Motorola in a suitcase.

Quote Originally Posted by maddball View Post
    If Palm never existed? There would be no Precentral site and i wouldnt be reading this lame thread.. LOL
    Ha Ha, this is true. Well the Iphone would be the clear choice for me, but I have to say holding out for so long and with all my friends having the Iphone, I am some what bored of it.

Maybe one of the upcoming HTC phones or the Nexus One.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Prior to the Pre, I was struggling horribly with a Windows Mobile phone. This was after my Treo 650 broke and I saw the writing on the wall regarding PalmOS. I went with Windows Mobile because I need Exchange support at work, but I certainly wasn't happy with it.

I can't stand the Blackberry or the iPhone, and I need something with PIM apps and such, so I can't go with a dumbphone. If Palm does fail, I really don't know what I'll go with. Perhaps a Windows Phone 7 since I use a Zune, but that bizarre OS doesn't seem much better in technical terms than the iPhone OS.
    i hated windows mobile. personally, i don't think i'll ever go back to it. it was definitely the slowest phone i've ever used.
    There is a problem with your iPhone. It would not exist. If it ever came out we might be seeing a basic first gen of it this year or next. Palm was the first in smart phones. Then came along BB who made a big push for the working folks while having some old and new feature like the Palms. Apple looked at Palm too and came out with a chrome classy look. They too used the ideas of Palm and tweeked it.

What phone would I have today if there never was a palm? Maybe an Audiovox or OKI. They were the leaders with Motorola back then. Palm and BB kind of pushed them in the background. Both Audiovox and OKI were innovative then and I believe they would be today.

If it was like it is now but Palm was just not a choice? Maybe iPhone if it was on Sprint or "V". I could not go with ATT (cingular). Then I would go for Droid.
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 02/25/2010 at 12:56 PM.
    I probably would still be on my G1....
    I would've been with a crack berry or win mobile
    I hate the iphone not because of what it can do or looks, but who is behind it. Apple... nuff said.
    Andriod at the moment does not attract me much as the Platform is all over the place, and GUI looks so dated, no matter how sharp the screen on the phone is.

I just hope that a great product such as Palm's proves that hard work does pay off...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnessinfall View Post
    i hated windows mobile. personally, i don't think i'll ever go back to it. it was definitely the slowest phone i've ever used.
    With the new standardized hardware guide lines that MS is putting forth (a play form Apples book) their software will probably be blazing fast this time around...

I mean a Snapdragon Processor is currently all the rage...
    I hate Apple, so I refuse to purchase anything they make (iPhone, iPod, iAnything). I've come to the conclusion that Steve Jobs and Apple are evil. So, I would own a Blackberry, Droid, or Windows Phone 7.
    Admiration is the furthest emotion away from understanding.

Lou Holtz loves slurpies!
    I still would be with WM...

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    I've had a Palm-based phone since the PDQ-800 back in '99. I can't imagine a world without Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xx Spaced xX View Post
    I hate Apple, so I refuse to purchase anything they make (iPhone, iPod, iAnything). I've come to the conclusion that Steve Jobs and Apple are evil. So, I would own a Blackberry, Droid, or Windows Phone 7.
    Its pretty funny when I mention to Apple "fans" how limited thier "freedom" (transfer of songs, compatible products, lack of options when it comes to hardware/software...blah blah blah) was with thier products, they were always speechless.
    i probably would have ended up with the iden blackberry....almost bought it but then i actually researched and relized what a great device the pre is.
    If palm was no more, I would probably have a droid/hero/nexus one. I really can't stand the smugness of Apple.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    If the OP never existed, what thread would you be posting on right now?
    I would probably pick up a nexus one and dump sprint, but since there is Palm it has given me an oportunity to stay with sprint until the Supersonic is released.
    I would probably still be with Verizon, paying thru the nose for a p#ss poor BB phone.
    This thread screams poll...I don't think it's lame. Put platforms up there:

Nokia
    RIM
    Android
    Windows Mobile
    iPhone OS
    Other (if I missed any)

I'd have to say I'd be on Android...kinda been itchin to see what it's all about. For hardware, I'd go with Nexus One. I just dislike the Droid, it's keyboard, and the fact that it's on Verizon.
    Sprint Palm Pre
    Everything Data $69
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast