1.    #1  
    Tegra 2 with omap 4
    1080p output
    PixelQI display, has e-ink and a regular led color display in one
    card slot
    android OS, not to crazy about that but definitely better then a proprietary os.
    swivel camera
    bluetooth+wifi
    multi-touch 10 inch display
    16 hours HD playback on battery
    10x better than the joojoo
    100x better than the iPad

Notion Ink - Adam - Features

It will probably cost a little more than buying a refreshed pre 2 out of contract anyway!, especially since i wont be eligible for an upgrade in summer.

anyone else think the notion ink is awesome?
    I think it'd be awesome if it ran Windows 7 and had an active digitizer so I could use a pen (and almost as important, MS OneNote). The way it is now, I have almost no interest in it, no matter how interesting the screen technology is.

Though, it's not quite "e-ink and a regular led color display in one". While yes, the PixelQi screen can go into a very low-power mode, I'm pretty sure it's not bi-stable in that mode. In other words, it does need a constant current to show an image, even low-powered. E-ink can display the page forever with no power use.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I think it'd be awesome if it ran Windows 7 and had an active digitizer so I could use a pen (and almost as important, MS OneNote). The way it is now, I have almost no interest in it, no matter how interesting the screen technology is.

Though, it's not quite "e-ink and a regular led color display in one". While yes, the PixelQi screen can go into a very low-power mode, I'm pretty sure it's not bi-stable in that mode. In other words, it does need a constant current to show an image, even low-powered. E-ink can display the page forever with no power use.
    True, however its battery should still last over a day with the low-power mode.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by thehomelessguy View Post
    True, however its battery should still last over a day with the low-power mode.

on the youtube video i posted, the guy says that standby times with e-ink are in the 400 hour range, tho he didn't say it was official. they will be giving more info at cebit next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by badjokes View Post
    Tegra 2 with omap 4
    1080p output
    PixelQI display, has e-ink and a regular led color display in one
    card slot
    android OS, not to crazy about that but definitely better then a proprietary os.
    swivel camera
    bluetooth+wifi
    multi-touch 10 inch display
    16 hours HD playback on battery
    10x better than the joojoo
    100x better than the iPad

Notion Ink - Adam - Features

It will probably cost a little more than buying a refreshed pre 2 out of contract anyway!, especially since i wont be eligible for an upgrade in summer.

anyone else think the notion ink is awesome?
    I know what you are reallllllly gonna get, you are just going to jump ship and go to verizon to get the pre plus lol j/k..... if you are gonna go to android i know some people that had the pre and then changed to andriod platform, and are now back with the pre cause they miss our awesome UI.
  6.    #6  
    @Menace187

its not a phone!, its a tablet

i will always keep my pre, i love it.
    LOL. Lemme get this straight. You are comparing a tablet the size of a laptop against a Palm Pre. I'm not even touching this one.

Prepare to get laughed at when you hold it up to your ear to make a call. Wait- does it make calls?

/facepalm
    Handspring Visor with Sprint Springboard - Treo 270 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Iphone 3gs