Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Forgive me if covered.. only read about 3 pages back.

Whats the state of the Palm Pre Plus? Other than mem, has it fixed any of the issues (oreo, dead touchscreen, headphone jack, etc) that were problems on the original Pre? Or is it just that.. a Pre with more memory.

For all of the hardware shortcomings, I really miss my Pre. Webos, while not as feature rich as android, really is a better polished platform between the two (using 2.0.1).
    I have had my pre plus for a about month and it is awesome.
    The Pre Plus is basically more memory. The oreo problem is mostly fixed from what I hear. There have been some problem with the keyboard though. I can't speak to the touchscreen or headphone jack though.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Yeah apparently the build quality has increased greatly.

Also depending how long you've been away you've missed alot, not to mention 1.4 is guessed to be here tomorrow, it's probably a reasonable time to jump back, unless you want to wait and see if Palm announces what the C40 is.
    A couple discussions of other Pre Plus users giving their thoughts:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...prised-me.html

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...d-quality.html
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    If the build quality of the Pre Plus has 'increased greatly', has Palm carried some of that over to the plain Pre? I would assume they would, since I'm sure they'd like to avoid as many product returns as possible..

Anyone know for sure if certain things have been 'shored up' on the original Pre the same as they have on the Plus?
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    My pre was awesome. My pre+ leaves me speechless. avoid the droid.
    Quote Originally Posted by jephdood View Post
    If the build quality of the Pre Plus has 'increased greatly', has Palm carried some of that over to the plain Pre? I would assume they would, since I'm sure they'd like to avoid as many product returns as possible..

Anyone know for sure if certain things have been 'shored up' on the original Pre the same as they have on the Plus?
    I believe so, I've noticed a significant drop in oreo threads over the past 3 months, in fact other than the ones where someone dropped their phone I don't think I've heard of any.

Although it does appear a subset of people experience doubled key problems with the Pre Plus.
    My launch day Pre is alive and well
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I came from BB and really wanted the new HTC droid (whatever VZW is going to call it) and finally landed the Palm Pre Plus. For the 1 week I have had it I am impressed. I am enjoying it. Still, a fast HTC running 2.1 Sense UI would be tough to top.
    I came from the G1 (Android) and spent months agonizing over getting the Pre. Now that I have the Pre I am a happy camper (after patching). I did try the droid and even flashed the eclair rom onto the G1 still not willing to go back to a fractured Android OS.

All in all still rather have the Pre.
    For what it's worth, I've had my Sprint Pre for about 5-6 weeks now and the only issue that I've had has been the creakiness in the keyboard that started immediately after I removed the back cover the first time. Since then, I have done the 'pressing on the corners' fix and the issue has gone away.

I sat on the sidelines watching this forum from before launch day. Then I followed it past my upgrade eligibility date of 11/1 still not feeling certain about the phone. I must have seesawed 20 times since June that I would get the phone, or not get the phone. There we so many times that I was fully prepared to get one, then other times when I completely talked myself out of it! I would go to the Sprint store and kick the tires, and end up leaving without getting it. Of course, I also repeatedly looked at the Moment, BB, and the Hero.

Anyway, I am completely happy with my decision to go with the Pre and look forward to continued updates and more good service from both Sprint and the Pre. No QC issues here.