Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    ok so I borrowed my friends hero and he borrowed my pre. I hated the hero from the moment I touched it I liked the feel and sturdyness of the device which was one of the few things I liked about it, the UI is android is even more laggy. The heroes on screen keyboard blows I had the hero for a week and used it only to find typing on it a HUGE hassle. I wouldn't trade the keyboard on the pre for anything as a matter of fact I'm typing this post from my pre right now. If I was using the hero right now I would have never seen this as comfortable and would have never done it. To sum up some of what I said the keyboard alone on the hero was a HUGE DEALBREAKER FOR ME not even mentioning the lack of seemless multitasking. The android has one thing running for them tho the settings in the phone how it breaks down battery usage into a science with screen time ect ect that on my pre and I'm in phone heaven. Not to mention pre is getting flash I don't think the hero is anytime soon! So if I was given all my money back on my pre I still wouldn't trade it for the hero...
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    try a more recent custom ROM on the hero, you would be surprised how fluid it is. HTC is just unable to optimize their ROMs, same story with windows mobile devices from HTC.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip I will be telling my friend and I will definitely be looking into that, I'm pretty fluent in custom rom loading for windows as some older phones I've had like the blackjack II and the motorolla Q9H both of wish had cooked roms on each
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzlr View Post
    try a more recent custom ROM on the hero, you would be surprised how fluid it is. HTC is just unable to optimize their ROMs, same story with windows mobile devices from HTC.
    Sounds like an argument against the Hero to me.

The custom ROMs that you can load on a rooted Hero are all incredibly buggy and come with serious compromises (no MMS, no camera support, no hardware-accelerated video support, etc.).

The Pre is just straight up a much better phone in terms of both hardware and software. HTC's total inability to update the software on the Hero in a timely manner is only further confirmation of this fact.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    really? thats weird. A friend of mine has a Hero and it is very fluid with his current ROM.
    my Girlfriends G1 really started to fly with cyanogenes custom ROMs, and they are very complete and bug free. Maybe on the hero its a different story.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I would be interested to hear how your friend liked your pre. Did he like it or miss his hero?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ddegraw View Post
    I would be interested to hear how your friend liked your pre. Did he like it or miss his hero?
    After his weeks use of the pre he wants one himself but he can not figure a way out of not paying for his pre flat outright, with no contract extension and with the exhange of the hero for a pre
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzlr View Post
    yeah you shouldn't have to do that it should be like that stock. I hate android!! It's becoming over rated.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I know what you mean. My girlfriend has the Hero and we both kind of hate it. She was gonna get a Pre (I wanted her to pick up a Pixi, she actually liked it from the previews I showed her) but I thought she might like Android and the Hero. She thought it looked cool and for a while it was but it's not the best phone. It's buggy as hell (Google Sky only displays the EULA, then dies; video can start recording but sometimes you can't stop it; music player acts up; battery life is all over the place; widgets don't load correctly, or even at all; Youtube doesn't work AT ALL in any way shape or form, etc, etc), build quality isn't that great (there is removable dust under the touch screen, front buttons are peeling off). Flash doesn't work either, which was one of the cool things I was selling her on. I feel guilty cause I kind of sold her on it, although she also wanted something different than me as well. But yeah, we both agree she should've gotten the Pre or Pixi.