1.    #1  
    They just came out with a purple one so she couldn't resist!

I'm a Palm guy from way back (m130, Tungsten, Treo 755p, and now Pre) and have absolutely no experience with the BB or its OS... Does anyone have any tips for me or an overveiw for a BB newbie? (I.e. similarities, differences, capabilities, advantages, etc.) She is wanting me to help her with stuff on her phone & I'm completely lost! (We're on Sprint)

jim
    Great phone for email and texting, but warn her to be really patient when using the BB web browser, that thing drove me crazy on my BB.
    You may wanna check out http://www.crackberry.com
    Love my Pre!!!!! Psn: tj501
  4.    #4  
    she's already figured out the facebook app & that's keeping her happy for now. :-)
    Download Opera Mini, it is a great mobile browser for the BB, way better than that POS BB browser
  6.    #6  
    thanks for the tip.. (REALLY wish there was a thanks button on the mobile version of these forums.... )
    well you can use the full version of this side with no problen on your pre then you can use the thanks button.
  8.    #8  
    unfortunately I'm out of town right now and left my magnifying glass at home...
    I use mine on the road, works fine, put it in landscape mode, the double tap and pinch/expand works great.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    I agree with the Opera mini suggestion, but it's pretty frustrating that RIM won't let you set it as the default browser. If you click a link that someone sends you, the BB browser will always com up.
  11.    #11  
    Didn't realize there were so many different BlackBerry's out there!!

Hers is the Curve 8530 from Sprint.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Great phone for email and texting, but warn her to be really patient when using the BB web browser, that thing drove me crazy on my BB.
    To expand on this a little bit about the texting and email part of it. One thing BB does that Apple adopted on the iphone is pressing the space bar 2 times for a period. Most useful thing there is when emailing or texting alot. I wish our Pre's would do the same thing.
    Last edited by soxfan2003; 02/22/2010 at 01:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Really...? Why not just press the period designated key next to the space bar just once....? Lol seems silly to me..
    the space bar is bigger and much easier to locate. It might seem silly but its a huge convenience factor. especially if you have dealt with either one of those other platforms for any length of time.
    Tell her about Blackberry Messenger, if any of her friends have blackberries she will love this feature.