1.    #1  
    Okay - I look at the pretty pictures that come with the Clie 615C. I take pictures with my Sony camera take out the mem stick and put into the Clie and viola . ... wait - my pictures look like crap. They look like a grainy low res picture even if I take a 1.3 meg picture is it the screen size distortion or what?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    "If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worth reading, or do things worth the writing." Benjamin Franklin
    Try taking a photo with the setting on a low. Then see how the T-615 views the image. It may be that the images are too large. I tried the same with the T-615 and got the same results when it came to large images. Even on my NR70V I had issues viewing a few jpgs I copied into the DCF (or I think Dsc folder) the folder. Apparently PG Pocket may have an issue with decoding Jpgs, some work and some don't. You can always use PictureGear lite to convert the images.

You will have better luck viewing those photos with JPGview or Jpegwatch.
    Last edited by mikedemo; 05/06/2002 at 03:41 PM.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    The CLIE comes with PictureGear Pocket (PGP) installed for viewing Images. I find this program works fine for my needs, but the catch is, it will not view JPEG images.

When you take a picture with your Sony Digital Camera and insert the MemoryStick into the CLIE, you can view the images in PGP, however, you are not viewing the JPEG image. In reality, you are viewing a small Thumbnail Image, which explains why the Photo you see on the HandHeld is so grainy. It is the same image you see when you view the picture on the LCD of your Camera. You will notice, the picture looks grainy on the Camera LCD and then clears up when the real JPEG loads.

You have three options. You can move/copy the images onto your PC and use PictureGear Lite to convert them to PGP Format and move them to the MS.

You can also use the Import function from PGP on the CLIE. To do this, you simply insert the MS into the CLIE, open PGP, switch to MS and DCF so you can view the Thumbmail Screen. Now choose the DropDown Menu, Choose Image and then Import/Export. Now select each picture you would like Imported onto the CLIE. Be advised, while the Import process converts the JPEG into PGP format and creates a much nicer picture, it stores them in RAM, not on the MS. Make sure you have enough free memory to do this.

Finally, you can download and install a Third-Party JPEG Viewer, as already stated by MikeDemo. While I have no experience with any of them, the two MikeDemo named have been used by recommended by many. In addition, you might also look at AcidImage by RedMercury.

Give it a try and let me know if you have any problems/questions.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    You do realize that those pictures are doctored right? I'm not saying that they're not going to look that sharp, but that's not a real picture of the screen. It's simply a picture taken with something else and put into place using Photoshop.
    Originally posted by creole
    You do realize that those pictures are doctored right? I'm not saying that they're not going to look that sharp, but that's not a real picture of the screen. It's simply a picture taken with something else and put into place using Photoshop.
    Actually, I believe what Travis is referring to are the pictures that are included with the CLIE. These are pictures that get loaded the first time you HotSync the CLIE.

He wanted to know why pictures he took with a DigiCam and then viewed on the PDA did not look as good as the ones that Sony included.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    oic
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the help all.

I wonder if the pictures taken with the NR70V will be any better. I wouldn't think you'd have to run those through a convert program.

Things that make you go hmmmm
    "If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worth reading, or do things worth the writing." Benjamin Franklin