View Poll Results: Would you ditch your Palm Pre for a Nexus One?

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell Yeah!

15 9.55%
  • No Way!

108 68.79%
  • Eh, maybe

34 21.66%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i'm not too impressed with android os. Looks basic and generic.
    I might rabbit......
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I wouldn't mind the speed of the nexus, or even the droid on my pre, that would be nice, not that its not capable of those speeds, it just doesn't, hopefully that changes soon....but I don't like the size and Android UX is kinda "Clunky" if that makes any sense, I feel like I'm tripping over myself using it.
    Interesting questions....Nexus One on T-mobile...maybe on some other network that has service.

One of my Verizon clients is upgrading and looking at the Droid and Pre Plus. Shame for him, since the Nexus One is a better phone then the Droid and he's stuck deciding between what Verizon presently has.

For him, it basically comes down to the keyboard input interface. The Pre Plus' keyboard is better then Sprint's Palm Pre soft keys and has a more solid keyboard interface, but he's moving from an older HTC Windows Mobile phone that resembles the Droid keyboard and landscape form factor.

I haven't found much about the Droid I do like besides possibly the display that is slightly larger the the Palm Pre. Why Verizon would limit Multi-Touch capabilities makes no since and the Droid now has become dated compared to everything else available (like the Nexus One) or about to be released on the market.

Of course, I'm recommending the Pre Plus (16GB of Storage and 512MB RAM can't be beat...even by the Droid).

For me, I'm keeping my Pre. Sorli...
    Google controls to much. I could afford it today but instead purchased our second Pre. Now a his and hers set.
    Hell to the NO..
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    You be crazy. I have the Pixi Plus rather than the Pre, but there is no way I would switch for the Android train wreck of an OS.
    LMAO! Hers a good one "HTC Clones Nexus One"
    If the Pre weren't an option, I've been trying to keep my eyes open to know what my fall-back phone might be.

The Nexus One is at the top of my list, so far. But I ain't droppin' the Pre for it - even if the carrier and other factors were irrelevant.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I love my pre tried my daughters droid and don't like it. And the droid feels like it weighs 4lbs compared to the pre.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I'm not really an Android fan but I guess so. I prefer a phone that does stuff now that a phone that promises it might consider possibly doing something in the future.
    Not a chance that I would trade in WebOS for that Android P-OS.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    love webos
    no.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Maybe for live-wallpapers... though I don't know how well that'd go with our battery life..
    Widgets are nice too, but I really like my pre
    nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Interesting questions....Nexus One on T-mobile...maybe on some other network that has service.

One of my Verizon clients is upgrading and looking at the Droid and Pre Plus. Shame for him, since the Nexus One is a better phone then the Droid and he's stuck deciding between what Verizon presently has.

For him, it basically comes down to the keyboard input interface. The Pre Plus' keyboard is better then Sprint's Palm Pre soft keys and has a more solid keyboard interface, but he's moving from an older HTC Windows Mobile phone that resembles the Droid keyboard and landscape form factor.

I haven't found much about the Droid I do like besides possibly the display that is slightly larger the the Palm Pre. Why Verizon would limit Multi-Touch capabilities makes no since and the Droid now has become dated compared to everything else available (like the Nexus One) or about to be released on the market.

Of course, I'm recommending the Pre Plus (16GB of Storage and 512MB RAM can't be beat...even by the Droid).

For me, I'm keeping my Pre. Sorli...
    ok long story short, if he's coming from wimo, andriod will be break through for him and he will love it!
    you see webos on the palms is different. Way different. It's easy. It works. It's fluid. Heck you don't have to open an app to check to see what apps/ widgets your running.
    andriod is a better version of wimo, period.
    as in I do not like andriod. If I couldn't have webos anymore I would go back to palmos lol or wimo lol
    F U C K NO! Not a nexus dude.
    There is no chance I go back to using a phone that has no physical keyboard I made that mistake with the Hero and it's laggy virtual keyboard and ended up running right back to the Pre. The Android is an okay OS, I like WebOS alot more and feel that it is capable of more.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast