Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ever since the announcement of Web os Last January I haven't been to excited about any platform until today. Windows 7 series looks really really promissing.

Live from Microsoft's Windows Phone press event at MWC 2010 -- Engadget
    This should have been posted under "cross-platform".
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Yeah, it looks really clean. I had Zune and loved the interface. Microsoft might have a winner here. Seeing how they are dictating the size of the screen and speed of the cpu on these devices it looks like this could be a real iphone 1-uper.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by madcow706 View Post
    Yeah, it looks really clean. I had Zune and loved the interface. Microsoft might have a winner here. Seeing how they are dictating the size of the screen and speed of the cpu on these devices it looks like this could be a real iphone 1-uper.
    I agree, can't wait to see when it will be available, and knowing that its Microsoft who have unlimited resorces when it comes to money I suspect built quality of their phone will be phenominal.
    Damn this UI looks Hawt .

I might just consider getting one.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    Damn this UI looks Hawt .

I might just consider getting one.
    Ya I'm definatelly sold, and we all know there will be games since it is already available for the zune.
    Look absolutely incredible, BUT...

I'm interested to see how messaging is handled, and I know it only has saved state transitioning and not WebOS-like multitasking. I'm curious to see some hands-on video of how those two functions work.

But otherwise, amazing.
    It looks nice, now we need the real user experience. Can I Sync with my google contacts (probably not), this has become a great backup option which keeps WebOS and Android as possible upgrades. They will have to start from scratch with Apps, not that we haven't been through that already. Cautiously optimistic for some good competition.
    I wasn't really all that impressed. It looks cool but, personally, it seems way too complicated. No mention of multitasking either.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mvpilot172 View Post
    It looks nice, now we need the real user experience. Can I Sync with my google contacts (probably not), this has become a great backup option which keeps WebOS and Android as possible upgrades. They will have to start from scratch with Apps, not that we haven't been through that already. Cautiously optimistic for some good competition.
    Agree, but I would assume they will already have some apps cause I'm assuming the apps from zune will work on windows 7 series, but thats just an assumption.
    Looks pretty nice, but I haven't seen anything from it that would pull me away from WebOS just yet.

We'll just have to see what is being offered in June/July when I'm due for an upgrade. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Ya I'm definatelly sold, and we all know there will be games since it is already available for the zune.
    Yeah, the sleek WM7 UI makes webOS looks liker a fisher Price toy UI in comparison

Im curiously as to how it handles "multitasking" and hopefully the web browser will be improved, as long as the things relatively lag free, i may well seriously consider it.

Windows Phone 7 Series
    I wonder if they'll have a phone on Sprint running this in June... If so, I wonder if it will be as ridiculously overpriced as the TP2?

Well according to the link provided above it is coming Holiday 2010.
    Last edited by jedisrus; 02/15/2010 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Additional Information.
    BTW, they're streaming this live on microsoft.com
    It still Windows, so don't get too excited.
    I totally agree real impressive. Honestly what I kind of expect from the iPad annoucement. This is a total split from their old ways. I especially like the integration to productivity suites.
    It looks like they took the Sense UI scenes, Zune-ified it and applied it to the entire OS. Looks nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    I wasn't really all that impressed. It looks cool but, personally, it seems way too complicated. No mention of multitasking either.
    The first thing that hit me was that it looks just like Windows Media Center with the large fonts and large buttons. Secondly, as you mentioned it seems a little to complicated. By that I mean more info crammed into different areas of the OS than most people probably would feel comfortable with. The beauty of the Iphone OS and WebOS are their simplicity in use.

But I do like the integration of services they provide and other services but that is now standard operating procedure in any OS.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  19.    #19  
    Yap totally love this I hope they announce when it will be available.
    Just a reminder, Windows Phone 7 will most likely still use IE for the browser. That alone makes it a big fat no in my book. I'm glad to see Microsoft decided to really change their mobile OS though. Windows Mobile was a complete crap shoot.
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast