Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Urkel, mobile IE is not a "decent browser" maybe the new one will be.
    read this tiles are the app but they are not dormant they are alive Windows Phone 7 Apps: What We Know, What We Don't - Windows phone 7 - Gizmodo "In & Out Apps" and how Windows Phone 7 plans to fix it < see Microsoft can be saucy to :P
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Damn, that looks sharp, gotta have one....Pre, been nice knowin' ya, movin' on...
    not impressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Here's another pic of the 7Series homescreen.

I'm not sure what else you dislike so much about that. iPhone/WebOS users have been begging for an informative homescreen and now that MS offers a fully customizable and intuitive homescreen then it looks awful? The guy has 2 phonecalls, 3 text and 3 emails. My Pre and iPhone homescreen have a photo.
    First of all, most webOS users are not "begging for an informative homescreen". Sure, there's some that want that, but most of us do not.

Secondly, that homescreen shows the same amount of information that I get on my Pre from a set of 16x16 icons. How is that any more informative than notifications in the dashboard?

And if I set my quick-launch bar to Contacts, Photos, and the XBox Live homebrew app, I'd get the same launcher functionality from the homescreen.

It's a lot of wasted space, not just that black bar on the right side (which doesn't bother me all that much).
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post

I'm sorry, this homescreen looks awful. Whats with the huge nothingness on the right side?

IE = yuck!!
    Wow if you don't like it, we heard you the first time. Exit the thread if you don't care about the phone. For an adult, you are not acting like one now
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    I have a Zune 120 GB and I love this phone and would use it for Zune as well. More than likely, I'll just give it a few albums and playlists so that way I won't have to worry about taking both of my electronics with me to class. I'm going to try and wait for one with a keyboard but this one doesn't look bad at all
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    just another windows os yadda yadda yadda
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I'm sorry, but zune and awesome in the same sentence? I completely disagree.
    Good for you, and apology accepted.
    Last edited by Eazy123; 02/15/2010 at 06:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    What makes the windows phone any better for business users than other phones? I can already read and edit office files on both my blackberry and iPhone.

What other crazy advantages am I missing here? Xbox integration?
    How about built in desktop sync with 90% of the pc's on the planet! How about a cool feature rich phone with solid hardware?
    In my opinion the looks are nice, the functionality is only good for very specific needs.
    If you live for facebook & co, and the only other things you care about are photos, music and some games the UI is made for you.

For everything else it looks too confusing and unorganised.
    Might be that I'm already too familiar with WebOS, but in my opinion a Windows 7 phone is not a "getting things done"-phone. (It's more a "spend-my-sparetime"-phone )
    I love web os but win mobile 7 looks great watched a video First Look: Windows Phone 7 Series Hands on Demo | Laura Foy | Channel 9 its 22 min and it's an innovative os. I love the zune hub with integrated Pandora. each hub syncs with contacts email and facebook. Multitasking isn't at web os level but the as far as media it far superior having a zune in your phone is awesome. No flash yet but it's gong to coming. Don't just bash win mobile seven because you love web os. Don't be another fan#boy troll.
    Last edited by yaggermr; 02/15/2010 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Couldn't writet fan#boy
    Quote Originally Posted by dbeta View Post
    Just a reminder, Windows Phone 7 will most likely still use IE for the browser. That alone makes it a big fat no in my book. I'm glad to see Microsoft decided to really change their mobile OS though. Windows Mobile was a complete crap shoot.
    Ever played with the Zune HD browser? If not, then go do so. It's milessssss apart from the P.I.E you've been used to with Win Mobile.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    I appreciate that they are not copying Apple's silly 3D, drop shadows and textured chrome.

But did you see how frigging long it took to launch the phone app with all those animations?
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    not my cup of tea.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    i think it would look much better with less wasted space. why only 2 columns?? get rid of that arrow and make the boxes a tiny bit smaller so you can fit three across and i'd like it
    Quote Originally Posted by cckgz4 View Post
    Wow if you don't like it, we heard you the first time. Exit the thread if you don't care about the phone. For an adult, you are not acting like one now
    Let me get this straight, your upset Im expressing my negative opinion about a windows phone, on a palm website. Sorry, you don't set the rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    How about built in desktop sync with 90% of the pc's on the planet! How about a cool feature rich phone with solid hardware?
    My blackberry and iPhone sync with my desktop out of box. My palm can with a 3rd party app. I hope that's not the leading selling point to a windows phone.

Feature rich phone?...explain please?
    Quote Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
    i think it would look much better with less wasted space. why only 2 columns?? get rid of that arrow and make the boxes a tiny bit smaller so you can fit three across and i'd like it
    Shhh, don't you know this thread is only for people who love this phone.
    watching the video seemed like a real bad acid trip; i think this is a cool new unique interface; but i think microsoft lost its business roots on this. The new windows 7 series os looks like; iphone os, webos, and android motoblur os all got together and had an orgy and this is what they made. I guess blackberry is the only true business OS still out there.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast