Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 217
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    To each his own.
    I guess, but did you watch the video?....

    - the homescreen has an empty black bar that runs down the right side of the screen.
    - Did you see the SMS client? It looks like it was built in 1994.
    - The email client didnt look much better.
    - IE and Bing. Enough said.
  2. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I guess, but did you watch the video?....

    - the homescreen has an empty black bar that runs down the right side of the screen.
    - Did you see the SMS client? It looks like it was built in 1994.
    - The email client didnt look much better.
    - IE and Bing. Enough said.
    What video are you referring too ?
  3. #83  
    Home screens okay nothing special like ppl are describing here....i dont see the waow factor
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I guess, but did you watch the video?....

    - the homescreen has an empty black bar that runs down the right side of the screen.
    - Did you see the SMS client? It looks like it was built in 1994.
    - The email client didnt look much better.
    - IE and Bing. Enough said.
    Which video are you referring to? I personally find this one explains the UI elegantly;

    Watch the above ^^. But as i said, to each his own, i personally like the UI.

    - I dunno, i find that black bar makes the UI more modern and unique, adds a certain feel to it which makes the UI seem elegant.

    - Opinion, some people prefer chat view on phones, some dont, vast majority would be aquainted to the type of SMS client integrated.

    - ^^

    - If the browsers good enough / lag free, did its job then who cares? Bing's a no no for me, there better be a way to change search providers.
  5. #85  
    the interface and user experience has a couple of interesting innovations, specifically the idea of "grouping" ideas into one meta-app for lack of a better word, allows for pretty seamless pivoting.

    i also like the chromeless aprpoach. however, as others have pointed out before me, it is very disorienting. i'm having a really difficult time figuring out how you navigate around because of all the animations and transitions.

    granted, perhaps using the real thing will be different, and perhaps the lack of pretty clear visual cues in the demos of what's being clicked where also doesn't help, but there IS a lot of things going on and a lot of text to read.
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    So if I don't use an xbox, and I don't want to use the Zune marketplace (and I absolutely hate IE), why would I want this?
    Exactly. I would choose android before this. But I'm sure there's others who would be all over this. The main point is that there things you can say are MS staples. Palm doesn't have that.
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    Which video are you referring to? I personally find this one explains the UI elegantly;

    Watch the above ^^. But as i said, to each his own, i personally like the UI.

    - I dunno, i find that black bar makes the UI more modern and unique, adds a certain feel to it which makes the UI seem elegant.

    - Opinion, some people prefer chat view on phones, some dont, vast majority would be aquainted to the type of SMS client integrated.

    - ^^

    - If the browsers good enough / lag free, did its job then who cares? Bing's a no no for me, there better be a way to change search providers.
    Windows Phone 7 Series – Show and Tell - Windows Phone Blog - The Windows Blog

    A black bar taking up about 1/5 of the screen make the UI "modern and unique"? Empty space makes a screen "modern and unique"? My goodness.

    look at the video please. The SMS part is at about the 22nd minute. The email is a few minutes before. There is no way after watching it you can tell me that the UI is any good.
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Exactly. I would choose android before this.
    Well, there's no hardware fragmentation to worry about, it will rock with media syncing right out of the box and have a far superior media player app than anything on Android, and well...

    ....

    ...it's new and shiny.
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Windows Phone 7 Series – Show and Tell - Windows Phone Blog - The Windows Blog

    A black bar taking up about 1/5 of the screen make the UI "modern and unique"? Empty space makes a screen "modern and unique"? My goodness.

    look at the video please. The SMS part is at about the 22nd minute. The email is a few minutes before. There is no way after watching it you can tell me that the UI is any good.
    Perhaps a slight waste of pixel area if you want to call it that, but those guys designing UI's arent there at MS for no reason, they know their stuff. But i'm not going to make excuses, i like it (Disclaimer: No, im not suddenly a ****** of WM7)

    Looked at the video, saw a brief SMS part, couldnt find anything at 22nd minute like you said, but it seems like a standard symbian-esque SMS view, could get confusing with a load of SMS from different people.

    I do like the UI, but theres still a load of wasted space imho. Will have to wait and see how it pans out i guess.
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdurden689 View Post
    It still Windows, so don't get too excited.
    I thought the same thing.
    Love my Pre!!!!! Psn: tj501
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    Perhaps a slight waste of pixel area if you want to call it that, but those guys designing UI's arent there at MS for no reason, they know their stuff. But i'm not going to make excuses, i like it (Disclaimer: No, im not suddenly a ****** of WM7)

    Looked at the video, saw a brief SMS part, couldnt find anything at 22nd minute like you said, but it seems like a standard symbian-esque SMS view, could get confusing with a load of SMS from different people.

    I do like the UI, but theres still a load of wasted space imho. Will have to wait and see how it pans out i guess.
    Yeah, I got the times wrong. The email is displayed at about the 9:00 minute mark (doesn't look that good to me on a UI level).

    The SMS client is displayed at about the 10 minute mark. Its probably the ugliest SMS client I have ever seen.
  12. #92  
    it is no doubt a revolutionary device.

    Its completely different from "launching an app for this", its actually "i want to do this".

    I still would like to see, notification, multitasking, battery.

    To compete successfully, the quality and quantity of apps (though not the design philosophy of it, people probably still gonna want it) are also important.

    Its indeed an ZUNE phone, and from what I experience with iPT and Zune, MS has a winner at hands. Its extremely forward looking.
  13. dm7864's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    it is no doubt a revolutionary device.

    Its completely different from "launching an app for this", its actually "i want to do this".

    I still would like to see, notification, multitasking, battery.

    To compete successfully, the quality and quantity of apps (though not the design philosophy of it, people probably still gonna want it) are also important.

    Its indeed an ZUNE phone, and from what I experience with iPT and Zune, MS has a winner at hands. Its extremely forward looking.
    Maybe it's just me but I don't like the main screen and not sure if I like the OS all together. It looks DOS to me with the icons being just plain blocks. Not over the palm pre and liked the HTC with windows mobile better.
  14. #94  
    22:18 minute over view of the phone I am sold moving back to windows phone Windows Phone 7 Series – Show and Tell - Windows Phone Blog - The Windows Blog
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    it is no doubt a revolutionary device.

    Its completely different from "launching an app for this", its actually "i want to do this".

    I still would like to see, notification, multitasking, battery.

    To compete successfully, the quality and quantity of apps (though not the design philosophy of it, people probably still gonna want it) are also important.

    Its indeed an ZUNE phone, and from what I experience with iPT and Zune, MS has a winner at hands. Its extremely forward looking.
    I see nothing revolutionary about this mess. I guess the true audience for this is the 17 Zune users in the world that love to track the xbox live achievements.
  16. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I see nothing revolutionary about this mess. I guess the true audience for this is the 17 Zune users in the world that love to track the xbox live achievements.
    HAHA 17 Zune users I think you left off some zero's...

    I don't own a Zune but I am an achievement ***** and damn proud of it.
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    HAHA 17 Zune users I think you left off some zero's...

    I don't own a Zune but I am an achievement ***** and damn proud of it.
    ok, 1700.
  18. #98  
    watch and stop spreading FUD
  19. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    ok, 1700.
    hahaha so out of 23 million xbox live user only 1700 track achievements? Keep on adding those zero's in 08 Zune hit the 2 million mark, I sure its well beyond that now.
  20. #100  
    mobileman where did you get your info from, I think microsoft just threaten your mobile phone maybe thats why your mad. maybe this can make you more mad.
    Windows Phone 7 Series hands-on and impressions (updated with video) -- Engadget
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions