Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    I don't know what to think about Microsoft's new mobile OS. It seems to have all the necessary features to be a hit and offers a unique, easy to use User interface. I still don't know if I will be getting one as I am very happy with my Pre, but if Microsoft manages to create an OS that is fast, easy to use, supports multitasking, has a great Email Client with top Exchange support, has a great Internet browser, then I might go back to Microsoft.
    I will be waiting for the first devices to appear. I am a bit disappointed that their OS is still not ready
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    The Pre and Pixi are the real failures. If Palm would have just got its head out its *****. Come Holiday 2010 who would want either a Pre or Pixi with Android phones, iPhones, and Windows Phone 7 phones all released and out classing Web OS and all of Palm's phones?
    Until I hear what Microsoft's commitment will be to supporting frequent patches and OS updates (unlike they did with windows mobile), its a definite "no" for me.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Well they have not said that none of those things are available at launch its probably just not ready yet and also your talking about stuff WM7 phone doesn't have that a standard dumb phone has. I hope you won a WebOS device so that I don't have to list to you all the things WebOS is missing that a dumb phone has.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Um, the Pre didnt launch with any of those either.
    That was the point I was making.. mrkalel commented on no flash @ launch I assumed in regards to winmo 7 was FAIL. Yet Palm launched WebOS half done.
    Having Zune and XBOX live integrated in is no small thing.

If they do this right and do things like release XBOX live enabled games with achievments and have native outlook/hotmail synch and shared media across all platforms... I don't think I can 'not' get this. I will have to see how it pans out like the rest of you, but this might be an exact fit for my needs.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Until I hear what Microsoft's commitment will be to supporting frequent patches and OS updates (unlike they did with windows mobile), its a definite "no" for me.
    They didn't announce that but it was one of the rumors going around last week that they would support OTA updates of the OS. Today's announcement was in line with the rumors which said they were introducing the OS and the interface today and weren't getting into specifics on hardware and phones just yet. So there is still much to be seen on Windows Phones 7.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Yap totally love this I hope they announce when it will be available.
    Holiday 2010
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihos View Post
    Having Zune and XBOX live integrated in is no small thing.

If they do this right and do things like release XBOX live enabled games with achievments and have native outlook/hotmail synch and shared media across all platforms... I don't think I can 'not' get this. I will have to see how it pans out like the rest of you, but this might be an exact fit for my needs.
    Yes Sir xbox live integration is huge... Can't wait to see how it pans out.......
  9.    #69  
    Well main reason I'm really excited about this is that I can't deal with Palms terrible build quality. I know HTC and others will make quality hardware so I will be jumping ship. I love WebOS but this hardware is just not acceptable. I hope palm proves me wrong with Pre2.
    So if I don't use an xbox, and I don't want to use the Zune marketplace (and I absolutely hate IE), why would I want this?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    So if I don't use an xbox, and I don't want to use the Zune marketplace (and I absolutely hate IE), why would I want this?
    I am sure someone will make another browser for the OS. They did say they will talk about the developer tools at MIX next month. I doubt IE will be the default browser for long. But you never know, mobile IE maybe much improved for this new Mobile OS.
  12.    #72  
    cause its not just about xbox, or zune marketplace its about the OS. Look at some hands on pictures here:

Windows Phone 7 Series first look - Engadget Galleries
    The biggest problem is that this isn't going to appear on handsets for nearly a year.

A lot can happen in a year.

Palm, Apple, Nokia, and Google certainly aren't going to be sitting on their hands for a year.

I also want to see how notifications and multitasking (if there even is any) will work on these devices.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by madcow706 View Post
    The Pre and Pixi are the real failures. If Palm would have just got its head out its *****. Come Holiday 2010 who would want either a Pre or Pixi with Android phones, iPhones, and Windows Phone 7 phones all released and out classing Web OS and all of Palm's phones?
    I don't think Palm (or Apple, Google) will just standstill until this upcoming holiday season. I think a stat was mentioned where the number of smartphones sold will double every couple of years. So there is room for a ton of smartphone OSes.

No one OS is the best overall. They are different choices for the type of person you are and the way you use your information. I think people are projecting their needs onto the general population and assuming one implementation works for everyone. It doesn't, which is why we have choices.

Don't use XBox Live/IE/Zune don't get WP7...lol its really that simple.
    I am very impressed, I am glad they showed off the UI now because I will hold off upgrading my pre until holiday 2010
    cause its not just about xbox, or zune marketplace its about the OS. Look at some hands on pictures here:

Windows Phone 7 Series first look - Engadget Galleries
    Yeah, I did. It looks like a total confusing, battery killing mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    It's really too soon to worry about it. Considering it will be almost a year. WebOS, android, even iphone will change in that time.

I think what's more interesting is the direction MS is going. Multitouch, interactive experience. What's really going to differentiate these phones? Just different takes on UI and services.

I still like Palm's take the best but they've got to get going in the hardware end. But they are missing some services that these others will boast. Windows will have zune marketplace, xbox live, and other MS services (which will make windows 7 phones a real competitor..not to mention all the carrier partners). Android has google. Apple has theirs. Blackberry has corporate.
    I agree. Overtime the key differentiator will be the ecosystem each player has. Palm does not have any unique ecosystem attribute. Apple, MS, Google, and even Rim has one or more.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I don't think it will take off in the UK, I mean what is a Zune???
    Yeah, I did. It looks like a total confusing, battery killing mess.
    To each his own.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast