Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Nothing much appeals to me here. But I didn't really like the Zune either. Still interesting though.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbeta View Post
    Just a reminder, Windows Phone 7 will most likely still use IE for the browser. That alone makes it a big fat no in my book. I'm glad to see Microsoft decided to really change their mobile OS though. Windows Mobile was a complete crap shoot.
    They already showed pictures of the browser looks impressive and engadget claims that its really fast and resposnsive with multitouch.
  3.    #23  
    wow 4 point multi touch, i wonder how we can use 4 fingers. LOL
  4.    #24  
    YES SPRINT is on the list. but looks like every carier is, this is great.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    This is probably the perfect phone for me. I hope they enable other services to plugin (doubt it) ie. Google Maps/GMail/etc. The ecosystem looks pretty awesome too.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    They already showed pictures of the browser looks impressive and engadget claims that its really fast and resposnsive with multitouch.
    It looked fast on the screen. No one really knows how fast it is except for MS b/c there isn't any equipment available to the press so that a hands-on could actually be done.

WinMob 7 looks goods and definitely a improvement from prior versions, but there isn't anything there that would make me leave Webos. Too much going with WinMob 7 and not enough simplicity. But there is a audience that likes all of that stuff going on at once. As they said at the presentation, it's about having choices. To each his own.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Bout time MS brought us xbox live mobile that alone will sell a ton of phones.
    Looking forward to seeing an actually handset.

I think I'm sold... It was already mention no multitasking like Webos but the novelty of the cards wore off about 4 months ago for me at least..
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Win 7 Mobile looks fantastic. The idea of making every phone a Zune is a great one. Multi-touch is a winner, of course. No clue about multitasking, that could be a downer for a few folks, but it hasn't held the iPhone back much. The integration and the GUI looks awesome. The PIM integration looks polished and very usable.

That looks like the first WinMo phone I would ever consider. Lucky for Sprint I still have 1.5 years on my contract LOL.

We'll see what things looklike then, but this looks to be a compelling design. If they hold true to minimum specs and don't let the OS get too fragmented they will be a true force in this segment again.

Unfortunately, just what Palm does not need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyndall View Post

That looks like the first WinMo phone I would ever consider. Lucky for Sprint I still have 1.5 years on my contract LOL.
    Damn i feel sorry for you CDMA guys, us GSM folks can just take the contract sim out of the phone, pop into the new one, and were a go, no waiting for contract to end
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    It looked fast on the screen. No one really knows how fast it is except for MS b/c there isn't any equipment available to the press so that a hands-on could actually be done.

WinMob 7 looks goods and definitely a improvement from prior versions, but there isn't anything there that would make me leave Webos. Too much going with WinMob 7 and not enough simplicity. But there is a audience that likes all of that stuff going on at once. As they said at the presentation, it's about having choices. To each his own.
    Thats not true there they are doing hands on right now.
    Sounds/Looks like a over complicated peice of hardware...for desktop/laptop great but for a phone I still think WebOS/Palm hit the spot with simplicity and ease of use for one-handed-ness.

From experience with every single OS on a smartphone in one form or fashion windows was never the best/ease of use phone. The only great thing was the interface/interaction between your office desktop/calendar etc.

In fact here is my preference of OS right now just to name a few (even old crapple is in there):

1) WebOS
    2) Palm OS
    3) Nexus One (new Andriod)
    4) Apple IPhone OS
    5) Andriod (pre Nexus one)
    6) Windows Mobile
    7) RIM Blackberries (any version)

I am sure everyone will have an opinion but this is mine so take what you will form it.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyndall View Post
    We'll see what things look like then, but this looks to be a compelling design. If they hold true to minimum specs and don't let the OS get too fragmented they will be a true force in this segment again.

Unfortunately, just what Palm does not need.
    Ya it seems every month the hill keeps getting bigger. Soon it will be a mountain keep at it Palm you can be the little engine that could!!
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mvpilot172 View Post
    It looks nice, now we need the real user experience. Can I Sync with my google contacts (probably not), this has become a great backup option which keeps WebOS and Android as possible upgrades. They will have to start from scratch with Apps, not that we haven't been through that already. Cautiously optimistic for some good competition.
    Since Google licensed Exchange Activesync for Gmail, I'm assuming you will be able to sync Google contacts/mail/calendar.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Sounds/Looks like a over complicated peice of hardware...for desktop/laptop great but for a phone I still think WebOS/Palm hit the spot with simplicity and ease of use for one-handed-ness.

From experience with every single OS on a smartphone in one form or fashion windows was never the best/ease of use phone. The only great thing was the interface/interaction between your office desktop/calendar etc.

In fact here is my preference of OS right now just to name a few (even old crapple is in there):

1) WebOS
    2) Palm OS
    3) Nexus One (new Andriod)
    4) Apple IPhone OS
    5) Andriod (pre Nexus one)
    6) Windows Mobile
    7) RIM Blackberries (any version)

I am sure everyone will have an opinion but this is mine so take what you will form it.
    Haha you put the old Palm OS from what 1995 over Iphone, comon lets get real dude.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    Damn i feel sorry for you CDMA guys, us GSM folks can just take the contract sim out of the phone, pop into the new one, and were a go, no waiting for contract to end
    But you still have to pay for the phone. Which CDMA user can do the same buy new phone have carrier activate it. But I feel sorry for you non sprint users we get subsidized phones every year!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    us CDMA guys can switch phones whenever we like too, I'm assuming he was talking about getting the upgrade price, which usually requires a contract extension to get the subsidized pricing. Which GSM people have to deal with also, well I know at least on AT&T anyway.
    I already have a Zune HD, and with every picture, i had to keep telling myself, "Thats a phone, not my Zune." I'm interested, yes, because I'm already sort of familiar to the layout, and it will be interesting to see where they take this, but i think they could have differentiated it from the Zune a little. Why buy a Zune if you already own a WinMo7, and vice versa, why get a WinMo7 when you already have a perfectly working ZuneHD and WebOS device?
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Well their release partner is AT&T and I am NOT going on that carrier. I like Sprint's pricing, so I am sure we'll get our share of WinMo phones eventually. they are talking winter 2010 for release which is still a long way off after all.

My 2 yr is up June 2011, but I am elligibe for a full upgrade in June 2010 because I am Premier. But I do not know if Sprint will have WinMo devices right out of the box. We'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    But you still have to pay for the phone. Which CDMA user can do the same buy new phone have carrier activate it. But I feel sorry for you non sprint users we get subsidized phones every year!
    Ahh right my bad didnt know that. We do get subsidized phones actually, but i guess it isnt as much and depends what contract plan you take out.

e.g. My Plan;
    Duration: 18 Month term
    Phone: 100 ($156)
    Per month: 35 ($55)
    Includes: 600 mins anytime/landline
    500 texts
    'Unlimited' wifi/3G

Higher up plans the phones free but with a slightly higher contract price, all in all works out the same.

Im also considering the First else phone, you think WM7 UI was crazy, check this baby!

First Else hands-on at CES: 'still alive and kicking' -- Engadget
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk0625 View Post
    I already have a Zune HD, and with every picture, i had to keep telling myself, "Thats a phone, not my Zune." I'm interested, yes, because I'm already sort of familiar to the layout, and it will be interesting to see where they take this, but i think they could have differentiated it from the Zune a little. Why buy a Zune if you already own a WinMo7, and vice versa, why get a WinMo7 when you already have a perfectly working ZuneHD and WebOS device?
    You would not buy a Zune if you have a WinMo phone, usually. Same foir iPhjone users. Unlikely to get a seperate iPod if you already have a suitable iPhone. On a personal note I never use my iPod since I got my Pre. Run m,y media through that device now. Same for my wife. hasn't really used her iTouch since she got her Pixie.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast