1.    #1  
    One thing I don't miss about the Visor is the high cost of memory plugin modules. I just picked up a 128MB Lexar Memory Stick for my Clie N760C at CompUSA nfor $59.99. I'm gonna love this for storing tons of MP3's and backing up my files.

I believe Handspring charges $59.99 for a 16MB Springboard Memory pack. That's outarageous, but the sad result of the proprietary technology of a 'small' company. The Memory Stick is Sony's propietary format, but Sony is a huge company with dozens of electronic products using the Memory Stick.

Is there an advantage the Springboard memory pack has over the Memory Sstick? I think it comes with BackupBuddy right? Great program which is superior to Sony's backup app. I would actually prefer a CF slot on my Clie, but the Memory Stick is acceptable.

The sale ended on Saturday though
    Actually- almost ALL Lexar 128 Mb media was on sale last week (and may be this week as well as far as I know!) for $59.99

AND you can get a Lexar card reader for free with the purchase! (Well, it costs $19.99, but you get a $20 rebate!)
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are at!
  3.    #3  
    Yes, I knew about the reader but it didn't makes since because my Clie is essentially a 'reader' connected to my PC. I haven't had too much confidence in CompUSA rebates because they tend not to come back!!

I tried to get the sales associate to give me a CF reader instead but he balked. Same price but he wouldn't do it.
    Originally posted by Madkins007
    AND you can get a Lexar card reader for free with the purchase! (Well, it costs $19.99, but you get a $20 rebate!)
    Not to dissuade you, but just to let you know: it took Lexar 4 months to get me my rebate back. (It just arrived yesterday.)

I don't have a problem with that, but they said originally 8-10 weeks. Just wanted to let you know that it may run longer.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    $59.99, damm thats a good price! Who would have thought.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Do you happen to know if this sale is still going on (in NYC if it makes a difference)? ComUSA's web site quotes $79.99 right now. I had a look at the new Clie yesterday. I'm trying to restrain myself, but sooner or later I'm going to break down, so I might as well prepare myself with accessories if the price is right .
    Frys had an ad for 128mb Sony ones for $49 and BestBuy price matched it for me! I was very happy.
    Originally posted by bookrats

Not to dissuade you, but just to let you know: it took Lexar 4 months to get me my rebate back. (It just arrived yesterday.)

I don't have a problem with that, but they said originally 8-10 weeks. Just wanted to let you know that it may run longer.
    I have had a lot of experience with CompUSA's rebates- and they DO take forever... but $19.99 is still a great price for the reader, and the rebates DO usually come in eventually!
    Originally posted by RedSoxPDAer
    Yes, I knew about the reader but it didn't makes since because my Clie is essentially a 'reader' connected to my PC. I haven't had too much confidence in CompUSA rebates because they tend not to come back!!

I tried to get the sales associate to give me a CF reader instead but he balked. Same price but he wouldn't do it.
    I know the MS Import function does the same thing, but I love the card reader because it lets me transport large files (too big to e-mail) from computer to computer. (I install the drivers on my home, laptop, work, wife's work, etc. computers so I can use the reader like a transportable drive.) I can also use it to upload files and data at a computer that I do not have a sync cradle on.
    Sadly I didn't read this thread until the price had returned to $79.99. Has anyone seen it for less in a retail store? I looked up on ZDNet and found it for $59.99 with a (gulp!) $7 shipping charge at buy.com. For an item that weighs so little, to charge $7 is highway robbery.
    Originally posted by pel in chicago
    Sadly I didn't read this thread until the price had returned to $79.99. Has anyone seen it for less in a retail store? I looked up on ZDNet and found it for $59.99 with a (gulp!) $7 shipping charge at buy.com. For an item that weighs so little, to charge $7 is highway robbery.
    Since your Dad is getting the T615, have you considered buying two at one time? Buy.com is offering free shipping on orders over $99.00 and under 20 Pounds.

Even if you find it retail for $59.99, you still have to pay tax. So, that really only makes shipping around $3.00 - $4.00.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2