Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    You gave me a good 6 month run, but 4 Pres later, I finally gave in. Android, here I come!
    Last edited by RickAstleeee; 02/02/2010 at 10:29 PM.
    Almost 8 months on my launch day Pre and still love'n it!!!!!!

Good luck with your Hero!
    I had a hero for less than 24 hours before I switched back to my Pre and I'm on my third. Good luck.
    I would just wait till your on your 4th Pre. From what I have been told, Sprint will give you another phone once your forth Pre phone goes bad. I would just keep getting another Pre and once the new Pre comes out, tell them your on your 4th or greater and they need to give you the new Pre 2 or what ever it might be. I can tell you that the Pre Plus is much better build quality. So there is hope for Pre 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickAstleeee View Post
    You gave me a goood 6 month run, but 4 Pres later, I finally gave in. Android, here I come!
    Methinks you protesteth to loudly.
    At the very least, come back to the P|C forums and give us your take on the hero vs. pre after you've owned it for a few days! We'll be waiting for you when you decide to switch back...
    I have both and since the 1.35 update i am back to using my pre full time and once we get 1.4 the pre will destroy the hero

Fred
  8.    #8  
    I'll definitely be sure to come back with updates. The main reason I switched was hardware. I guess with the Pre you either have a tank of a phone or in my case, one that breaks every month.
    I hate these cry babies threads!!!!!
    oh you will definitely miss the simplicity of webos versus android! i do NOT miss my hero...but to each his own.
    good luck my friend. may the schwartz be with you.
    ~Annie

I heart my Pixi
  11.    #11  
    I'm already missing the simplicity of WebOS, but the Hero's hardware more than makes up for it.
    My third Pre is rock solid. Firm slider action, it only wobbles if I force it. Not one dead pixel and no loose or shaky buttons. This one finally feels like a high end smart phone. That being said I would take a little oreo over having to use android again. The Sense UI helps but still it might as well be WinMo.
    I'm already missing the simplicity of WebOS, but the Hero's hardware more than makes up for it.
    hardware does not a phone make. I'll give you 6 weeks
  14.    #14  
    Seriously, WinMo? I wouldn't go that far. I actually prefer it over WebOS. I am missing the keyboard...
    Seriously, WinMo? I wouldn't go that far. I actually prefer it over WebOS. I am missing the keyboard...
    Ok so calling it Winmo was low, but it is in the same vein. Not very user friendly at all. I had it activated for 24 hours but I played with it for a full two weeks before returning it. I found that everything I needed to do I could do on both but I could do it faster and easier on the Pre. Android could've very well been WinMo 8, not 7 because it's still a few shades better than what I imagine MS could cook up.
  16.    #16  
    It's definitely not an OS for getting things done. I'd say it's more iPhone whereas WebOS is closer to BlackBerry. WinMo is just a terrible way to do anything.
    It's definitely not an OS for getting things done. I'd say it's more iPhone whereas WebOS is closer to BlackBerry. WinMo is just a terrible way to do anything.
    Having been a heavy iphone/Blackberry user I wholeheartedly disagree with you there. I find WebOS nothing like Blackberry OS. Pick up and play with Android and WinMo and you'll see that the user experience is very similar. WebOS is really unique when it comes to user experience but it's far closer to iphone than Blackberry.
  18.    #18  
    It is it's own deal I suppose. I've said many times that if I could have WebOS on better hardware I would take it in a second, but that just hasn't happened. And the widgets on Android... oh God, the widgets. I love 'em SO much.
    If you mean a slower CPU and less RAM is better hardware, then yeah I see your point.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  20.    #20  
    I meant the hardware you can feel, not the guts. It just feels a whole lot more solid.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast