Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 61
  1. #41  
    I switched from Pre to Hero and now i will be going back, but i am waiting for the new Pre to come for Sprint maybe Pre 2 or something like that, and also waiting to see supersonic to come out, cause i am not very happy with the Hero, miss the hard keyboard and this virtual is kind of cramped cause the screen is not as wide. Will see during the summer what comes out. Not in rush, but i do miss the Pre.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    I switched from Pre to Hero and now i will be going back, but i am waiting for the new Pre to come for Sprint maybe Pre 2 or something like that, and also waiting to see supersonic to come out, cause i am not very happy with the Hero, miss the hard keyboard and this virtual is kind of cramped cause the screen is not as wide. Will see during the summer what comes out. Not in rush, but i do miss the Pre.
    Have you tried typing in landscape mode? It makes everything a lot easier.
  3. #43  
    Guys, I'm not crying at all. I'm simply stating that I have the better phone :P
    but you don't.
  4.    #44  
    opinion
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickAstleeee View Post
    Guys, I'm not crying at all. I'm simply stating that I have the better phone :P
    I'm really curious why, for someone "not looking back" that you had to start this thread and continually validate your decision to us?

    Maybe you're not "crying", buy you're really phishing for some sort of attention (whatever you want to call that).
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickAstleeee View Post
    You gave me a good 6 month run, but 4 Pres later, I finally gave in. Android, here I come!
    do not do it, you will find your self coming back like i did, the webos is not perfect by any mean but its alot better than android, plus with android you will have to wait log for updates, i got my pre in june last year and 3 pres later i went and got me a htc hero used it for almost 2 month, but i was missing my pre so much i had to come back to it.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickAstleeee View Post
    .... 4 Pres later, I finally gave in. Android, here I come!
    I'm still seriously wondering what some of you are doing to your phones. o.O
  8.    #48  
    1st Pre had terrible Ore, 2nd wouldn't activate, 3rd had weird *** screen issues, 4th didn't even come out of the store. I'm done with this phone.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickAstleeee View Post
    ... I'm done with this phone.
    Let it go, hero worshiper! FWIW: I really like oreo's!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  10. bennish's Avatar
    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #50  
    Okay

    1. As I said before, 'Bye'. Thank YOU for your positive contribution.
    2. Why are you still here, again?
    3. "I have the better phone" - yeah, this is why I spend all my time at non-Pre forums talking about my Pre. oO
    4. Grow up.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

    This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
  11. #51  
    He's RICK-TROLLING us!

    Haven't you ever been RICK-TROLLED?
    I likey take apart thingies....
  12. bennish's Avatar
    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #52  
    But he's giving up the pre!

    He said he was NEVER GONNA GIVE IT UP! :P
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

    This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
  13. #53  
    I dont like land scape mode, i use it but not fond of it. By end of year if will most likely be back on pre.
  14.    #54  
    Haha, I get that all the time on XBox LIVE. I really dug WebOS, but not the Pre so much. The Pixi just didn't have the specs.
  15. #55  
    I have a Pre and a Hero as well, a few months ago I said I would give the Hero a test run, it was pretty good the hardware was solid, but Android still lacks polish and in instant messaging apps the virtual keyboard would lag. Overall the Pre is a better device hands down, the OS just feels more polished, a sexier looking UI, card multi-tasking, and a hard keyboard(not the greatest but still). I'm not even using either one right now at the moment I am using a Blackberry Curve 8530 and that is because my girlfriend has one and I talk to her on BBM all day, if it wasn't for that I would have jumped back to my Pre with the quickness. The only way I'll get off my Blackberry is if Palm drops something with at the least Pre's specs with Pixi's form factor.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickAstleeee View Post
    Haha, I get that all the time on XBox LIVE. I really dug WebOS, but not the Pre so much. The Pixi just didn't have the specs.
    Hi Rick, Yep, the Pre is one of those phones people some people love and other's hate. I've never been a fan of sliders and would have preferred a powerful device in a Pixi form factor probably with a bigger screen. Even given those preferences I had, I've found the Pre to be great for practically everything I need to do. In my case, coming from PalmOS phones, changing how I use calendar and PIM functions was where the biggest shift was. I've noticed lot of people who seem to make a Pre->Hero->Pre transition. It will be interesting to see if the Hero keeps you. I'm looking forward to your comments about what you like best on each phone and how the transition goes for you.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  17. steiale's Avatar
    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    #57  
    I am on my third Hero (dead pixels) and my second pre (oreo). Using the pre all the time. Sure palm hast to do some work. But I think (hope) they'll manage.
    Anyway webos is the most exciting mobile OS ever build. Where is the alternative for someone using a phone as a complete contacts, mail, calendar tool? Android is not.
    Try having a call, checking the calendar and checking something on the web at the same time. I do this quite often now and I love it.

    WebOS will get faster, Palm will build better hardware and apps will come with time. Rome wasn't built in one day either..
  18. chino0131's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #58  
    I had the Pre since its release and tested out the Hero recently on a new line. Im now back to the Pre full time. One thing you may want to do some research on is the known issue of the Hero having problems with phone connectivity. If someone calls you, on average they will hear anywhere from 3-6 dial tones BEFORE the Hero even starts to ring on your end. Try it, and research it. The most basic function of a phone should be to connect calls. I need my phone for work the majority of time, and need to be able to receive calls. If I have full service, I would want my calls to go right through.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by L-Boogie View Post
    I have a Pre and a Hero as well, a few months ago I said I would give the Hero a test run, it was pretty good the hardware was solid, but Android still lacks polish and in instant messaging apps the virtual keyboard would lag. Overall the Pre is a better device hands down, the OS just feels more polished, a sexier looking UI, card multi-tasking, and a hard keyboard(not the greatest but still). I'm not even using either one right now at the moment I am using a Blackberry Curve 8530 and that is because my girlfriend has one and I talk to her on BBM all day, if it wasn't for that I would have jumped back to my Pre with the quickness. The only way I'll get off my Blackberry is if Palm drops something with at the least Pre's specs with Pixi's form factor.
    I'm the same way. Every slider I've had has messed up in one way or another, so I'm definitely not going for another one.
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    Hi Rick, Yep, the Pre is one of those phones people some people love and other's hate. I've never been a fan of sliders and would have preferred a powerful device in a Pixi form factor probably with a bigger screen. Even given those preferences I had, I've found the Pre to be great for practically everything I need to do. In my case, coming from PalmOS phones, changing how I use calendar and PIM functions was where the biggest shift was. I've noticed lot of people who seem to make a Pre->Hero->Pre transition. It will be interesting to see if the Hero keeps you. I'm looking forward to your comments about what you like best on each phone and how the transition goes for you.
    Thanks! So far I'm missing card-view the most. Multitasking on Android gets the job done, but it's like going from driving a Ferarri to a '95 Honda. Sure, they both drive, but the better one is obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by steiale View Post
    I am on my third Hero (dead pixels) and my second pre (oreo). Using the pre all the time. Sure palm hast to do some work. But I think (hope) they'll manage.
    Anyway webos is the most exciting mobile OS ever build. Where is the alternative for someone using a phone as a complete contacts, mail, calendar tool? Android is not.
    Try having a call, checking the calendar and checking something on the web at the same time. I do this quite often now and I love it.

    WebOS will get faster, Palm will build better hardware and apps will come with time. Rome wasn't built in one day either..
    Like I've said before, it isn't the software that I don't like. It's the phone itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by chino0131 View Post
    I had the Pre since its release and tested out the Hero recently on a new line. Im now back to the Pre full time. One thing you may want to do some research on is the known issue of the Hero having problems with phone connectivity. If someone calls you, on average they will hear anywhere from 3-6 dial tones BEFORE the Hero even starts to ring on your end. Try it, and research it. The most basic function of a phone should be to connect calls. I need my phone for work the majority of time, and need to be able to receive calls. If I have full service, I would want my calls to go right through.
    I haven't heard anything about this, but I'll be sure to check it out.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by L-Boogie View Post
    I have a Pre and a Hero as well, a few months ago I said I would give the Hero a test run, it was pretty good the hardware was solid, but Android still lacks polish and in instant messaging apps the virtual keyboard would lag. Overall the Pre is a better device hands down, the OS just feels more polished, a sexier looking UI, card multi-tasking, and a hard keyboard(not the greatest but still). I'm not even using either one right now at the moment I am using a Blackberry Curve 8530 and that is because my girlfriend has one and I talk to her on BBM all day, if it wasn't for that I would have jumped back to my Pre with the quickness. The only way I'll get off my Blackberry is if Palm drops something with at the least Pre's specs with Pixi's form factor.
    Ha couldn't take it any more I switched back to my Pre yesterday
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions