Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Bye.
  2.    #22  
    Thanks for your positive contribution
    If one more Droid user at work asks me how to use his phone...
    They act so proud they own a Droid:
    "My phone sync's with Gmail" "ahh yeah"
    "My google contacts are in my phone" "ok"
    "My google calendar is in my phone" "oh yeah cool "
    I like the feel of the phone but the interface
  4.    #24  
    I'm not sure I get what you're saying there...
    i had the hero, its a great device you got there really.... but as time passes the lag will eventually get to you. the keyboard and web browser slowness is what drove me over the edge.... The Pre is generally faster IMO after the 1.3.5 update and its gonna get better since they arent fully using its Cortex A8 CPU yet but i learned my lesson... never go back to a Qualcomm 528 again....

good luck with the new device
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    I looked at the Hero, but it felt like a step backward from the Pre. I would buy one for my kids, but not myself. I saw a guy the other day in Sprint complaining about the oreo on his phone. It bariely moved. Mine is way worse than his. Some people have major problem. Screen cracking, touch screen going out, ect. But the Sprint rep looked at the phone smiled and they replaced it. I was like. give it to me, I'll trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
    i had the hero, its a great device you got there really.... but as time passes the lag will eventually get to you. the keyboard and web browser slowness is what drove me over the edge.... The Pre is generally faster IMO after the 1.3.5 update and its gonna get better since they arent fully using its Cortex A8 CPU yet but i learned my lesson... never go back to a Qualcomm 528 again....

good luck with the new device
    +1

i actually got rid of my hero for the same reasons. the lag drove me crazy. i would reset it every other day, but simetimes that wouldn't help. i loved the phone, but after a while i just couldn't take it anymore. now i am back to my pre and my tp2
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wildgoosey32 View Post
    oh you will definitely miss the simplicity of webos versus android! i do NOT miss my hero...but to each his own.
    good luck my friend. may the schwartz be with you.
    I got the Sprint Pre on launch day. I went through 5 of them and still couldn't get one with good hardware. In November I went on my girlfriend's Verizon account and got a Droid. I was psyched when I heard the Pre Plus was coming. I sold my Droid and bought the Pre Plus for full retail, after taxes it was $645. I love WebOs compared to ANY other operating system but..... eight days later I am returning it because of POOR HARDWARE! I paid $600+ for this phone and after a week the slider is starting the "Oreo" effect. By the way I hardly ever text so I have opened the slider maybe 25 times so far. Also I have several stuck pixels. I am sure everyone is going to bash me or say something rude about this post but I feel I have really given the Pre a fair chance. Let me reiterate I love the Pre and Pre plus for the style of it and the WebOs but the hardware needs work! I would go to the Pixi but I hear it is much slower and I have huge hands, I am afraid the touch screen is way to small. I hope and pray the next WebOs device has better hardware. If it does I will be all over it!!!
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickAstleeee View Post
    Thanks for your positive contribution
    Everybody is going to rip on you here even though you made some good points. When people like something they seem to develop a "cult" mentality i.e. "How dare you say that, how dare you like something different!" Just like the Apple fan boys. I LOVE WEBOS but the hardware is weak enough said.
    I am not going to rip him, it's just hard to believe (it may be true) that he has had such bad luck with Pre's. We have 3 launch day Pre's with no problems, no oreo, no cracked screens, no dead pixels, no dead keys or keyboard and so on. Many people in here are still on their 1st Pre's (polls have proven it). Good luck with your next smartphone!
    Are we being "Rick-Rolled" here? Just look at the OP's nickname ....I went to a hero and was impressed for about a month.....after the app delight wears off....its really not a great phone.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I am not going to rip him, it's just hard to believe (it may be true) that he has had such bad luck with Pre's. We have 3 launch day Pre's with no problems, no oreo, no cracked screens, no dead pixels, no dead keys or keyboard and so on. Many people in here are still on their 1st Pre's (polls have proven it). Good luck with your next smartphone!
    Like I said I love WebOs but after 5 Sprint Pre and now this Pre Plus is defective I am out for a while. When better hardware comes out sign me up. I think Palm needs to go with a different manufacturer for the hardware like HTC or Samsung. Whom ever is in charge of the hardware now also needs to be more picky. Just my honest opinion. I am hoping within the next couple months a new WebOs device comes out, I just want something a bit sturdier. Also thank you for the "good luck" I appreciate it! I know the phone I am switching to is no where near as good as the Pre for functionality but I have about given up on slide out keyboards.
    Last edited by kcs7272; 02/03/2010 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Forgot to say thanks
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by kcs7272 View Post
    Everybody is going to rip on you here even though you made some good points. When people like something they seem to develop a "cult" mentality i.e. "How dare you say that, how dare you like something different!" Just like the Apple fan boys. I LOVE WEBOS but the hardware is weak enough said.
    The hardware... I just couldn't take it. Also, currently, WebOS isn't taking full advantage of the hardware. There's still some significant lag when opening apps. Sprint gave me this phone after my bad luck with the Pre, and I more than gladly took it. If Sprint gets the Pre Plus or even Pre 2 I may come back. If I could have both phones I would, but I'd probably rock the Hero as a primary.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm just gonna say look at the post above.

EDIT 2: Back on even my second Pre, I was just like you guys. I took it in to the store and the guy tried to sell me a Hero. I simply stuck with the Pre and walked away. I was never a big fan of Palm, but I tried, I really did. The hardware just couldn't keep up with the OS. I considered a Pixi, but the guts just weren't there.
    I think the hardware is fine, things break, fact of life. Go into any forum for any other phone maker, you see the same threads, iphone, Droid, HTC Hero it's the same story, on my Xth phone, biggest piece of c##p I have ever owned. Sprint reps have said the return rate for the Pre is no different than any of their other smartphones, roughly around 10%.
  15.    #35  
    It's just unreliable. And it has a plastic screen. Didn't care too much for that one.
    I've had a screen protector on mine since day one, no problems, very relieable, good as new. Just don't want a big heavy phone, don't care too much for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcs7272 View Post
    Like I said I love WebOs but after 5 Sprint Pre and now this Pre Plus is defective I am out for a while. When better hardware comes out sign me up. I think Palm needs to go with a different manufacturer for the hardware like HTC or Samsung. Whom ever is in charge of the hardware now also needs to be more picky. Just my honest opinion. I am hoping within the next couple months a new WebOs device comes out, I just want something a bit sturdier. Also thank you for the "good luck" I appreciate it! I know the phone I am switching to is no where near as good as the Pre for functionality but I have about given up on slide out keyboards.
    Some slight play in the slider is not "defective", unless you had other problems, if you did then I take that back.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I also had a Hero for 1 day, and wanted to throw it out the window for me the hardware didn't make up for squat! Multi Tasking is the biggest need for me and having to login to my gtalk constantly was annoying. Oh yea no push gmail, WHO DOES THAT! it's a freakin Google phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    I hate these cry babies threads!!!!!
    Agree!!
  20.    #40  
    Guys, I'm not crying at all. I'm simply stating that I have the better phone :P
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast