Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Now that the Nexus One has official multitouch support, does that change how you feel about it? Would this make you consider giving up your Pre?

I honestly still yearn for a webos device in the nexus one shell.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Would this make you consider giving up your Pre?
    Not in the slightest imo.

Most if not all the reviews on the Nexus One have been "meh". Kinda killed my expectations already = - /.
    I don't like the hardware keyboard on the Nexus One.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by iamsedated View Post
    I don't like the hardware keyboard on the Nexus One.
    you mean software keyboard?

If it was on Sprint without the multi-touch support, I would have one.

I've been meaning to pick one up on TMobile anyway as a second phone/toy, but have been buying home audio stuff instead.
    personally, no. lack of multitouch on N1 was never really a top concern for me.

I dont have much handson experiences with android, but I haven't see anything on that to be so attractive that I would give up the fabulous Pre.

also. Product aside, I have some philosophical conflict with some companies, apple and goolgle being two of those. I do own their products and use their services, but, trying to stay away from them when possible.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post

I dont have much handson experiences with android, but I haven't see anything on that to be so attractive that I would give up the fabulous Pre.

also. Product aside, I have some philosophical conflict with some companies, apple and goolgle being two of those. I do own their products and use their services, but, trying to stay away from them when possible.
    I tend to have issues with the smugness of Apple users. I would have fewer problems with apple if it acted less like a cult. Google hasn't hit that sort of vibe yet, so I am ok with them.

I tend to have issues with the smugness of Apple users. I would have fewer problems with apple if it acted less like a cult. Google hasn't hit that sort of vibe yet, so I am ok with them.
    i wholeheartedly agree.

I have no problem with the majority of their products and have a Hackintosh'd Dell Mini. I was THIS close to buying a Macbook Pro but got an XPS instead just for ease of AutoCAD use (yes i know about dual booting). i have a third gen iPod but use Cowon and Sansa instead because they offer better sound quality and support FLAC.

despite the above mentioned reasons i would love to use more of Apple's products, but i refuse to because of the cult-ish mentality. that mentality rubs me the wrong way within any camp....even Palm/WebOS....but Apple is by far the most rabid and most ridiculous.

I think I can understand your problem with Apple, but care to share your concerns about Google?
  10.    #10  
    I think Macbooks are great laptops. They are sleek, sexy, the OS is solid and they have a nice compliment of components. But they are not God's gift to computing. iPods are very nice too, but iTunes is crap on a PC and MS impressed me with the Zune 4 software, the ZuneHD and the HD media dock.

I vote my dollars and I just encourage other people to think before buying.

A bit off topic, but would you pay more for a laptop if it came with a completely clean install of Win7 and an install disc? I know I would.

MS impressed me with the Zune 4 software, the ZuneHD and the HD media dock.
    im very interested in the Zune phone rumors.

A bit off topic, but would you pay more for a laptop if it came with a completely clean install of Win7 and an install disc? I know I would.
    of course it depends on how much more, but generally speaking and within reason, yes i would.
    I agree with whats being said about apple. I really like a lot of apples products but apple ******* can be the ****ing worst. My problem with google is that they know too much about me. Im not a fan of targeted ads or even ads in general and this is the vast majority of googles business. I dont trust them with all of my data. Its hard not to use google search in this day and age, but I think android takes it too far, they know too much already!!! Its probably just me being paranoid but I really dont like that google knows so much about what I do on the internet.
  13.    #13  
    I have said it before but...google = skynet

Someday it might be self aware!

Quote Originally Posted by intlbeans View Post
    I think I can understand your problem with Apple, but care to share your concerns about Google?
    well,

looking back, there are several things google did that really bothered me:

1. sneaking in the permanent process into my system when I tried to install google chrome, I eventually removed chrome and never use it again.

2. the action of putting forward a patent restricted video format (H.264) in its test tube and calling it HTML5, I think its greatly misleading the general public and helping pushing the web backward into patent restricted ages.

3. spreading too wide, controlling too many aspects of a user's life, mail, search is all i would take from google, I can't put myself into a google world, with their OS, their phone, their mail, their browser, its apple all over again.

4. the mismatch between "reputation" and "quality" of many google products, the tech media has been positive on whatever google does, its really getting sick, it has good products, but it also has a lot of crappy stuff too, desktop search is extremely slow, chrome OS is incompetent, google mobile sites getting worse with each new version, ridiculous attitude expressed by its CEO regarding user privacy. etc

I might just dont like companies who constantly yelling "im cool" in your face.

just to add, before I switched to a mac in 2006, I was tired of MS and thought it was biggest control freak in the world, but once I stepped into apple's world, it really shocked me, I guess MS is much more moderate than apple or google in what they do, compare to what they claim.
    Last edited by clevin; 02/02/2010 at 08:59 PM.
    well,

looking back, there are several things google did that really bothered me:

1. sneaking in the permanent process into my system when I tried to install google chrome, I eventually removed chrome and never use it again.
    Could you explain? I just installed chrome, I've found it to be quite speedy compared to Firefox....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Could you explain? I just installed chrome, I've found it to be quite speedy compared to Firefox....
    there is a process that google installed into the system that will always run in the background, no matter if you have chrome open or not.

Chrome does start up very quick, but if I were to chasing after "speed", I would opt for Opera 10.5, which is 3 times faster than chrome (by google's own test method).

No to mention, once browser started, most pages loading speed will likely be controlled by internet connections rather than whatever browser does. In that regard, chrome isn't that fast compare to others anyway.
    Last edited by clevin; 02/02/2010 at 09:20 PM.
    The Nexus one has no support for it. So, if it breaks, you're out of luck. I like having a company that will actually help me if I have a problem.

Plus WebOS beats Android hands down imho
    Nope. Happy with my pre and with Sprint. Maybe it's just me!
    Nope. Love webOS and the Pre's form factor. And Sprint (thanks for the reminder PREferred!).
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  20. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    A NexusOne is a sheep in Lions clothing and a Pre is a Lion in Sheep's clothing.
    There is no comparison.
    I might sound fan boy ,but there is no simple,elegant and functional Mobile OS than WebOS. Pre rules.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast