Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    Not facts, partial truths...which makes them not true.
    No, it makes them partially true.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    That's a sterotype

and the 2nd is a socially constructed, by definition a almost any religion could be a cult, any brand could be a cult as well.
    Indeed. There is a reason why I am an athiest too.

Is everyone who uses an apple product in the apple cult? no. But the few apple cultists who are very vocal give me a very bad vibe and it is hard to distinguish who is who. They give the group a bad image. I will also say that I have used apple products for a very long time. I had a first gen iPod Mini and used iTunes from about the moment it was released on PCs. In 2006 I got my first Macbook and liked it. But it wasn't anything special, and in fact I had hardware defects. So I sold it 2 years used and managed to get a very nice, new PC laptop with better hardware for the cost of a used macbook. That in itself doesn't make sense to me.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Now that the Nexus One has official multitouch support, does that change how you feel about it? Would this make you consider giving up your Pre?

I honestly still yearn for a webos device in the nexus one shell.
    WebOS needs much better hardware before i even consider jumping over. The Pre hardware doesn't cut mustard with me and i've fondled several ever since launch extensively. I feel it's one of the best mobile O.S but the hardware hasn't caught up to it yet.

Maybe Palm should contract HTC to fire up a Snapdragon WebOS monster.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    WebOS needs much better hardware before i even consider jumping over. The Pre hardware doesn't cut mustard with me and i've fondled several ever since launch extensively. I feel it's one of the best mobile O.S but the hardware hasn't caught up to it yet.

Maybe Palm should contract HTC to fire up a Snapdragon WebOS monster.
    I think that would be cool, but I bet HTC would want to play with WebOS too.

I would also prefer an OMAP 4 over a snapdragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    The Pre hardware doesn't cut mustard
    but it cuts cheese. ZING!
    I agree. Palm has spent thier time on the most important part of the phone. The operating system.

Now they need to spend some MAJOR resources to develop a state of the art peice of hardware.

WE LOVE WEBOS!

PLEASE GIVE US SOME HARDWARE!

I believe Palm will do this soon. Once they do Palm will explode! IMO
    Now that the Nexus One has official multitouch support, does that change how you feel about it?
    Did it grow a keyboard yet, or get true multitasking? Does it run webOS?

No thanks, I'll pass.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Indeed. There is a reason why I am an athiest too.
    This.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    This.
    I was touched by his noodly-appendage...

I was touched by his noodly-appendage...
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Nexus One arrived today, I don't have my duo sim yet so I'll keep it in the Nexus today until that arrives, but yeah the device itself feels nice and solid, Android itself is.. ok. It's better than I thought it was but it is still confusing, especially the multitasking part.

I just don't fully comprehend why I need a third party app to close applications I suppose. The multitouch works fine, comparable to the Pre in my opinion, I don't have the delayed/elastic effect while pinching that you see on video's.. maybe because I have it set to "some" animations instead of all.
    My Palm History (in order): IIIe SE, m130, Tungsten|T, m505, Tungsten|T3, Zire 71, m505 (owned two different ones), Zire 72, Tungsten|C, T|X, Treo 650.
    After that I got a Apple iPhone 3G, Palm Pre (GSM), Google Nexus One.
    Quote Originally Posted by xioq View Post
    Nexus One arrived today, I don't have my duo sim yet so I'll keep it in the Nexus today until that arrives, but yeah the device itself feels nice and solid, Android itself is.. ok. It's better than I thought it was but it is still confusing, especially the multitasking part.

I just don't fully comprehend why I need a third party app to close applications I suppose. The multitouch works fine, comparable to the Pre in my opinion, I don't have the delayed/elastic effect while pinching that you see on video's.. maybe because I have it set to "some" animations instead of all.
    Yeah thats one thing i noticed right away about android, a tad more complicated (dont flame me, just saying) its still a solid OS
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    Yeah thats one thing i noticed right away about android, a tad more complicated (dont flame me, just saying) its still a solid OS
    I agree. Now after having some experiences with iPhone/WebOS and Android, it's good to see the strong and weaknesses of all platforms.

WebOS is simply the best at multitasking, and notifications. While notifications might see some improvements because it can get quite busy if you have over 3 notifications, it's still the best right now. The iPhone also has an interesting approach of notifications, and I do like the numeric badges on App Icons myself.

Android, while this is my second day using the OS, I see the potential. Overall it feels a little but unfinished in some areas, much like WebOS feels unfinished. It's hard to say what the strong sides are, I always thought it would be the integration with Google Apps - but the PIM apps aren't that great. Battery life seems to be awesome on this device tho, and being able to see what application/service is using the most battery life is helpful as well. There are things I like and don't like, too early to name it's strengths, but it appears to be really open and extendible (even by apps in the Market Place).

iPhone OS is just polished, it looks pretty good and works. Strong sides are syncing (especially with MobileMe), and 3rd party apps. Having seen the available applications for WebOS and Android I can safely say that Apple's strict guidelines make sure there is at least some form of quality in the apps. I don't care about how many apps there are, as long as they work. On Android one thing I noticed, is that it seems that some developers just created "images" for buttons instead of using defaults, resulting in non-scalable apps - very pixelated on the High Res screen of the Nexus One. Just to name one example. However iPhone OS is also a little bit "boring" after a while, almost no visual updates/enhancements since 1.0.

I feel that multitouch is fine on all 3 devices. There is no winner in my book, all OSes are usable, and it just depends on which one you personally prefer.
    My Palm History (in order): IIIe SE, m130, Tungsten|T, m505, Tungsten|T3, Zire 71, m505 (owned two different ones), Zire 72, Tungsten|C, T|X, Treo 650.
    After that I got a Apple iPhone 3G, Palm Pre (GSM), Google Nexus One.
    Now that the Nexus One has official multitouch support, does that change how you feel about it? Would this make you consider giving up your Pre?
    Not unless they (Google) give it to me for free.......and even then, I'd still choose a Palm. The Nexus One is just an eye-candy smartphone.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123