1.    #1  
    I am hoping to be upgrading from my Visor Pro to a Clie T615 (wouldn't you do the same if it was just going to cost you $80?) and I need some advice on getting all of my info from the Pro to the Clie.

The challenge is that I will not have my Visor when I get the Clie, it is a trade in deal. I have to exhange the information without having both at the same time. I know I could set the hot sync name of the Clie to the current name of my Visor, but would this copy Handspring system files into the Clie and crash it? Could I set the system condiut to handheld overwrites desktop and all the rest to desktop overwrites handheld? I want to get all of my programs and their information from one unit to the other. For instance, I want to get my MPG program and the associated database so I won't have to start over.

Any other ideas? Thanks guys.
    "Take me where my future's lyin', St. Elmo's Fire." - John Parr
    The Upgrade process is pretty simple really. Just a few precaution steps before you begin.

Here are links to two posts that should answer most, if not all, of the questions/concerns you have. I have gone through this and several others have also, all with good results.

Take a look at the other threads and if you have specific questions then feel free to post them or send me an email.

Thread One

Thread Two
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    Just wanted to recommend that you read the two threads GSR13 points to. They made my transition from a Visor Deluxe to a Clie T615C absolutely seamless and faultless. I did exactly what the threads recommend, and it worked perfectly.

Main trick was to remove any Visor-Specific files from the backup directory before re-synching with the Clie. After that, it's a cinch. In particular, I did not uninstall the Palm Desktop 4.01 for the Visor before installing the Sony Clie Desktop software over it. No problems whatsoever.

You're going to enjoy that T615C... (All I want these days: a Stowaway Keyboard for the T-series/NR-70 series).
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Thanks to my two esteemed colleagues and those two threads, my transition from a Platinum to the T615 was painless as well.

Here’s the really good news…there is no looking back, it’s like entering a whole new world filled with possibilities. The Clie’s flat out ROCK.

Make sure and do a backup...good to have around anyway...
  5.    #5  
    Apparently I had my Visor to hacked for me to weed out any files that may cause conflict. I tried hot syncing with the same name, after trying to rid my backup folder of any Handspring files, but I kept getting memory errors on the Clie. Now I'm just going to start fresh and install everything manually. Oh well... I had too much junk anyways :-D

So far the Clie is great... but I'm sure Handspring could do just as good with a high res color model running OS 5.
    "Take me where my future's lyin', St. Elmo's Fire." - John Parr