1.    #1  
    I bought the t-415 and I love it love it love it.

It works with all of my old software, works with my Mako IR Modem (better than the mako did) and is rilly PURDY!!!!

What were the people at Sony smoking when they made the setup utility create a new "program files" folder rather than use the palm one. When I upraded to the Visor from the Palm III, it was impossible to screw up. Having the sony store everything in a different folder was dumb. I had to copy and paste my user folder to the new sony-named one, how stupid. No doubt many many others had even more difficulty than I did figuring it out.

And WOW, OS 4 is great. Handspring users really do miss out by being unable to upgrade. Handspring is a joke and it is showing bigtime.

The scren on the 415 is the best greyscale PDA screen I have ever seen. Who needs color when greyscale is this good. Perhaps they fixed some early problems, because reviews trashing the screen are waaaaaaaayyyyyyy out of line. The contrast is much better than the visor dx and the high res makes text sharp and super-easy to read.
    Here's the London Daily Mirror last week: "On a visit to the British Museum he [President George W Bush] was asked by one of 30 pupils gathered what the White House was like, to which he replied: 'It is white.'... Then he went on to tell the audience the importance of a good education. He said: 'Sometimes boys and girls would rather watch TV than read. When your teachers say read, they are giving you pretty damn good advice.' "
    Originally posted by jeffbeerman2
    I bought the t-415 and I love it love it love it.

And WOW, OS 4 is great. Handspring users really do miss out by being unable to upgrade. Handspring is a joke and it is showing bigtime.

The scren on the 415 is the best greyscale PDA screen I have ever seen. Who needs color when greyscale is this good. Perhaps they fixed some early problems, because reviews trashing the screen are waaaaaaaayyyyyyy out of line. The contrast is much better than the visor dx and the high res makes text sharp and super-easy to read.
    Nice Review, comparing a relatively brand-new Sony PDA with a 5 year old Visor.

Why is OS4 that great? It looks the same. There is maybe a different button icon for some of the apps. It doesn't come with Datebook+. You don't even get the "Notepad" program.

Hi-Res is nice, but not really necessary on a monochrome screen. You want it for pictures? Just get the T-615. games? many don't look "quite right" and there are very few games made for the hi-res screen.

As a reminder, Sony has already left everyone in the dust by going to a 320x480 screen. Now noone will make hi-res 320x320 programs, because it is "old technology." Sony will once again leave you in the dust when OS5 comes out, because you won't be able to upgrade to the real OS, and you will have a defunct PDA within a year (Sony has what, 8 new Clies in a year!? And only 2-3 of those are still marketed!?)

I like the thin form factor and the jogdial, but nothing else about it is really that great, except the backlight (I do love the backlight). Put the backlight and jogdial on the Edge, and I would go for the Edge anyday.
    Blue Visor Deluxe ~ Clie T615 ~ Zire 71 ~ Treo 650 ~ Palm Centro
    Originally posted by terrysalmi

As a reminder, Sony has already left everyone in the dust by going to a 320x480 screen. Now noone will make hi-res 320x320 programs, because it is "old technology." Sony will once again leave you in the dust when OS5 comes out, because you won't be able to upgrade to the real OS, and you will have a defunct PDA within a year (Sony has what, 8 new Clies in a year!? And only 2-3 of those are still marketed!?)
    This is why I buy from BestBuy and get a service plan with them. Then withen 2 years I can walk in with my old one and get the price of it applied to a new one.
    Good luck trading in your $399 T-615c for a $499 NR-70 or $599 NR-70v
    Blue Visor Deluxe ~ Clie T615 ~ Zire 71 ~ Treo 650 ~ Palm Centro
    Actually, that wouldn't be a problem with the service plan. I got a blue visor a couple years ago and a year later traded for a Platinum. Just a few days ago, I paid $50 to upgrade to a Prism. All you have to do with the service plan is take your covered unit in and say "I want to upgrade to blah", pay the difference of what you originally paid for your current unit and the unit you want to upgrade to, and voila, newer, better unit without wasting $300-400 extra. I'm a big fan of service plans like Best Buy's.

- Burns
    Check out my page on Visors:
    Burn's Visor page
    I actually just did this today. My S-320 was dying. I wanted a T-415 or T-615c but they were out of both. So I was sold the display N710c for 15% off. I had bought my 320 for $150 and that was credited toward my new purchase. They didn't even ask why I wanted a new one. Now when OS 5 comes out I will do the same.
    Here's what i'm going to try....

I bought a Visor Pro from Best Buy on Jan. 1st. I want to go in and ask if I could purchase the service plan, and have them take the 4 months I have had my Visor off the remaining time, so it would be like I bought it the first day. Then in a little while I will trade in my Visor, get the $300 credit for it (that's what I paid in Jan.) and upgrade to the T615 for $100. Anyone feel like this would/wouldn't work? I looked up the service plan legal info, and it sounds a lot more strick than what you guys are doing... anyone done this in the Cary, NC Best Buy? Thanks.

Legal Info: http://www.bestbuy.com/basket/pspTer...ant+and+eBook+
    "Take me where my future's lyin', St. Elmo's Fire." - John Parr
    I'm looking at the 3-year service plan I bought from Best Buy when I got my Clie -- mainly for damage due to potentially shoddy Sony mfg. (Previous history.)

While it doesn't say it outright, I do get the feeling that -- if my Clie T615C was broken and they couldn't repair it (or chose not to) -- I could trade up to a newer unit for the difference in price of the original to the new unit.

However, I see nothing about upgrading a working unit to a more expensive unit for the difference. Nada. Zip.

Best Buy has different agreements for different areas?
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Still loving my T-615c!!

nuff said.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    Still loving my T-615c!!

nuff said.
    I wanted one but they were out.
    Originally posted by bookrats
    I'm looking at the 3-year service plan I bought from Best Buy when I got my Clie -- mainly for damage due to potentially shoddy Sony mfg. (Previous history.)

While it doesn't say it outright, I do get the feeling that -- if my Clie T615C was broken and they couldn't repair it (or chose not to) -- I could trade up to a newer unit for the difference in price of the original to the new unit.

However, I see nothing about upgrading a working unit to a more expensive unit for the difference. Nada. Zip.

Best Buy has different agreements for different areas?
    This is how the plan is supposed to work. If you have a problem with your existing PDA, the warranty states they will send it out for repairs 03 times to try and make it right. If it still has problems, they will replace it. At that time, you may opt to get a different PDA, provided you are willing to pay the difference if it is more expensive. However, on PDA's, BestBuy does not send them out for repair. So, if you have problems with your PDA they are going to replace it.

The unfortunate problem is, the BestBuy Associates sell this plan as an "Upgrade" Plan. I was told, more than once, that all I had to do was trade my current PDA in for a new one. All the stores are slightly different, but there is supposed to be a problem with your current PDA to use the plan.

I have used my plan a number of times to replace my Prism and then finally get the CLIE 760 with it. My Prism did have problems every time I used it, but I got the impression they really did not care. Provided everything is in the box, they usually do not give you a problem.

The worst part is the way the Associates push the plan as the ultimate coverage, when in reality, it really does not cover several things they say it does.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    Thanks GSR13 -- your explanation clears up my confusion about this.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    I went to Best Buy today and talked them into selling me the service plan 4 months after I bought my Visor Pro. I asked about how the return/upgrades worked, and the woman gave me the same spill as is in that legal info on the Best Buy website, but she was saying it like she had to say it, like perhaps they didn't enforce it.

Tomorrow I am going to go to a Best Buy where they don't recognize me and try to exchange my Pro for a T615. There are a few Best Buys in my area so if I fail at one I will try at another. After the credit for my Pro ($300) and if I can sell my Memplug for a decent price, I figure upgrading to the 615 will run me about a total of $80, including the price of the service plan.
    "Take me where my future's lyin', St. Elmo's Fire." - John Parr