1.    #1  
    just wanted to put my two cents in. So i was playing around with the hero the other day, google maps, you tube, video, and the widgets,,,,,,Uhm i have to say i really like my pre,,,,lol the pre is just so much easier to use and close apps. but im upset just for one reason, i down loaded two apps for my sis (app killer) and get this, this is the reason im upset, i got her (shazam) M*therf*cker!!!!. When the hell are we getting that program? UHmmm Uhmmmm back to the topic. The hero its ok nothing special at all.

p.s
    my sis really believe that youtube looks better on her phone then mine. I laughed yeah oh ok,,,,SIKE!!!!!!, Google maps uhmmm pretty much the same, other then her telling me that she had to log on to use it. blah, blah,,lol widget are cool but i still like my quick launch bar, may be i should use the patch to put more on my bar uhmmmm,,,ok that it folks

Palm for life!!!!!! lets go Pre
    Wait. What?
    Shift down a few speeds and collect yourself.
    Shazam will come. 1.4 will probably allow it to.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    I caught some of it.. whats shazam? isn't that an ATM thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroven Taulrok View Post
    I caught some of it.. whats shazam? isn't that an ATM thing?
    It is a program that lets your device listen to ambient noise and match it with known songs. Very cool if you are in a club, listening to the radio, etc, and want to know what song is being played.

Right now, there is no microphone API so it can't be done on WebOS. But this should be changing. Hopefully in 1.4.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Wasn't Shaq in a dumb movie with that title?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LAhanger View Post
    Wasn't Shaq in a dumb movie with that title?

yes that was a classic of american cinema
    Think you just don't understand how android works. You don't need to kill apps. It's been so overblown and disproved in many threads on android forums by many people. In fact task killers can cause problems if you kill things that shouldn't be killed. If something does stay active and drain the battery that shouldn't, it's a program glitch or firmware glitch no different than one of the many glitches in webOS or its programs. Switching programs is also really easy via the back button or home button. And holding down the Home button brings up your list of recently used apps you can switch directly to. Doesn't get much easier than that.

One plus for webOS is it is more elegant and refined and the card system is very unique. Android's home screens are unique with the ability to customize with widgest of all sorts. I still can't have my home screen on the Pre show my Agenda for the next two weeks. I have to home brew and run an app to see my agenda. I don't have a widget for showing my sports updates at a glance. I can't flip to a different screen and see my friends' facebook updates at a glance. And the list goes on.

So to compare webOS to Android when your experience with Android was extremely brief doesn't lend any real validity to your opinion. I had a Pre. Owned the Hero since it came out switched to the Moment, and just traded the Hero for the Pixi and now have that as my regular phone with the Moment for a wifi device. Loved many things about Android and 2.x should be a nice upgrade. But I prefer the Treo form factor over a slider and the Pixi is the most pocketable phone I've had since my i500. Both OS's have their pluses and minuses and both take great strides backward in PIM functionality. One plus with webOS is IMAP folder capability where you need Sense or K9 on Android. Not sure if 2.x solves that problem. But the upside to Android is worth keeping the Moment. Plus it has Docs To Go without having to buy DTG for PalmOS and buying Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Speed View Post
    just wanted to put my two cents in. So i was playing around with the hero the other day, google maps, you tube, video, and the widgets,,,,,,Uhm i have to say i really like my pre,,,,lol the pre is just so much easier to use and close apps. but im upset just for one reason, i down loaded two apps for my sis (app killer) and get this, this is the reason im upset, i got her (shazam) M*therf*cker!!!!. When the hell are we getting that program? UHmmm Uhmmmm back to the topic. The hero its ok nothing special at all.
    Last edited by crogs571; 01/31/2010 at 11:49 AM.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    The Hero and Moment will not be getting android 2.0 they are going straight to 2.1
    Happy now mr literal? Or should I just say when they get eclair? The point is just the 2.x upgrade over the patched up 1.5.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.