Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Jailbroken iPhone to perform like iPad, multitasks in cards just like Palm Pre. Watch video around 8:50.

Interesting.
    Its called Proswitcher, and it works along with backgrounder. Not as smooth as the pre. I've used it on my ipod touch.. its just not the same.
    do you think the ipad with be able to be jailbroke just like the touch and phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by ProCision View Post
    do you think the ipad with be able to be jailbroke just like the touch and phone?
    apple is eventually going to put it in their OS the new 4.0 os might just have it
    Quote Originally Posted by ProCision View Post
    Eventually probably sooner than later
    The only thing I likes about that video is how much faster the iPhone is compared to my Pre. I hope Palm can fix this issue soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    apple is eventually going to put it in their OS the new 4.0 os might just have it
    Maybe...after the iPad announcement, I just don't know. Of all devices mobile devices to sport multitasking, that seemed like the one to do it. Also the partnership with AT&T seems strong, so I just don't see Apple changing their game plan too much right now.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    If this video doesn't show the inferiority of a digital keyboard I don't know what does.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdarknessb View Post
    Its called Proswitcher, and it works along with backgrounder. Not as smooth as the pre. I've used it on my ipod touch.. its just not the same.
    You have to set it up right...

My iPhone multitasking 44 apps

streaming Pandora
    n64 emulator
    Need For Speed
    Plus 41 more apps
    rashad, you have mentioned this fact serveral times. However, while you are streaming pandora, can you actually hear the music? I don't recall hearing anything playing in your video.

Edit: rewatched the video, and there is music playing. However, it would be nice to confirm that it is pandora, as I saw several music players fly by.

Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    rashad, you have mentioned this fact serveral times. However, while you are streaming pandora, can you actually hear the music? I don't recall hearing anything playing in your video.

Edit: rewatched the video, and there is music playing. However, it would be nice to confirm that it is pandora, as I saw several music players fly by.
    Did you see the one with Ludacris on it? That was Pandora, but the cards don't reflect what is currently going on in the app. When there is music being played from the iPod there is a little icon on the bar up top. This is true of stock iPhones too

so the "cards" don't update when the task is minimized? How cute. How do you continue playing wordace while browsing the news?
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    so the "cards" don't update when the task is minimized? How cute. How do you continue playing wordace while browsing the news?
    The image on the card, the app is still running within that card.
    And who cares? Eventually iPhone etc will get multitasking and eventually the Pre will get flash and more games. It will all be a matter of which platform you prefer. Personally, I prefer Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    And who cares? Eventually iPhone etc will get multitasking and eventually the Pre will get flash and more games. It will all be a matter of which platform you prefer. Personally, I prefer Palm.
    girls play with palm.......men use a IPHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bitnasty View Post
    annnnnndddd....we're back in 3rd grade

Quote Originally Posted by bitnasty View Post
    Technically speaking, guys probably play with more 'palm' than girls do...
    The swipe up gesture to get into card view does not look that easy without a gesture area