Page 1 of 30 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just asking. Don't Flame me!!!

Ipad looks pretty cool though.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Quote Originally Posted by notaphonegeek View Post
    Just asking. Don't Flame me!!!

Ipad looks pretty cool though.
    lol we wont flame you.. but to my guess no, palm needs new phone hardware asap.
    I hope not I've been following apples presentation and in my opinion the ipad is that it is completely useless. Where am I going to cary that big thing. If I'm going to do that I will just grab my laptop instead.
    no.

Apple can afford to take a chance on this niche segment.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I hope not I've been following apples presentation and in my opinion the ipad is completely useless. Where am I going to cary that big thing. If I'm going to do that I will just grab my laptop instead.
    .........how to people carry hardcover books?
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    After seeing the iPad I certainly hope not..
    c40 should be the next device. 3 devices. Pre Pixi C40(Palm Prime)

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    $30 for unlimited 3g data! just like when 2g iphone they were first to offer $20 data.

i like that since in my area on my 3GS i get about 1.5 to 3mb down speed. if they can jailbreak the ipad and put a tether app... that will be sweet... dont need my home dsl
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    .........how to people carry hardcover books?
    They don't
    so the name c40 is confirmed?
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    $30 for unlimited 3g data! just like when 2g iphone they were first to offer $20 data.

i like that since in my area on my 3GS i get about 1.5 to 3mb down speed. if they can jailbreak the ipad and put a tether app... that will be sweet... dont need my home dsl
    Ya I thought the iPAD was completelly useless until they said 3g network but then I saw att again and told myself useless again. If it was the same pricing but with verizon or Sprint I would be all over it but no 3g from ATT in my area. I can't believe that even this ipad thing doesn't have multitasking comon. Why not use a computer. My pre can do it.
    ipad has to be the lamest name for a device ever.
    If I didn't have my Tablet PC (which does pretty much everything the iPad does, while having a real keyboard), I'd be interested in an iPad-like device. And looking at the iPad, a webOS-based tablet would kick ***. The iPad is just a big, uni-app thing like the iPhone. webOS would be a much better interface overall for this kind of device.

And just to clarify, it looks like the iPad does _not_ multitask, which blows my mind.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by illmusic View Post
    so the name c40 is confirmed?
    The name, C40, has been the only semi solid indication of a new Palm device.

Anyone else get the feeling from the demos that the iPad was WebOS on a ginormous iPhone?
    IMHO

ipad = 10 inch itouch with iworks added
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    its lame!! ill stick with my pre all i need is docs2go and i'm set!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    IMHO

ipad = 10 inch itouch with iworks added
    Don't forget with way more bezel, no multitasking, and yet another monthly bill for 3G data on the nation's most hurting 3G network.

Apple seems like they really swung and missed with this one.
  18.    #19  
    LOL, I love some people and the tags they applied to this thread. I'm a Palm/Sprint guy with 3 pre's and looking for two more. I was just watching the apple presentation and I thought the device looks pretty cool. It's not much bigger than my wife's Kindle, smaller than a laptop and has 3G coverage. I was just asking a question and this thread gets tagged as apple sucks/apple troll... Too funny!
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Ok. Let's see. Based on what some were saying (you know the threads on this board and certain financial analysts around the country), Steve was going to tell us TODAY that the Iphone 4G would be appearing on Sprint. Steve was going to tell us TODAY that Iphone 4.0 OS would multitask and have improved notifications. Steve was going to tell us TODAY that the Iphone would be available on Verizon this summer. Steve was also going to tell us TODAY that the exclusive deal with ATT was done. Did I include everything?

However, what we found out is that the Ipad, not be confused with the maxipad will not include multitasking and that it'll use ATT's 3G network if you chose to the pad with the Wifi & 3G option. And don't forget that the Ipad, not the maxipad is magical and revolutionary. Everyone applaud!!!
    Are you trying to hurt me?
Page 1 of 30 12345611 ... LastLast