Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 595
  1. #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    It is just an oversized and overpriced app launcher. Slap WebOS on that bad boy and get back to me. NEXT.
    Does that make the Pre/Pixi then an undersized app launcher? In technical terms, WebOS is pathetic compared to the iPhone OS. As a developer, I wish I had the same tools available to me in WebOS that's available in iPhone OS.

    And before you knock me... I'm supporting something I don't even own. I own a Pre because it fits my current lifestyle better, but that doesn't mean I can't wish for features that are found elsewhere.
  2. rashad1's Avatar
    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Does that make the Pre/Pixi then an undersized app launcher? In technical terms, WebOS is pathetic compared to the iPhone OS. As a developer, I wish I had the same tools available to me in WebOS that's available in iPhone OS.

    And before you knock me... I'm supporting something I don't even own. I own a Pre because it fits my current lifestyle better, but that doesn't mean I can't wish for features that are found elsewhere.
    amen.
  3. #163  
    iPass
  4. digink's Avatar
    Posts
    322 Posts
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    #164  
    Why can't people just be happy with the choices they make, respect the choices others make, and ignore things they deem to be useless... Apple released an iPad, great for them.. if you want one, buy it. If you not, don't. They certainly won't give 2 shakes of a stick and I am sure in the overall context of things neither will you.

    People here seem to hate Apple fan boys with a passion but seem to become the exact thing for the opposing teams, how about looking in the mirror? Just let people enjoy their respective devices and be done with it already, all this bickering over WebOS vs iPhone vs Andorid vs Every other god damn thing is starting to get very annoying. It is like every other thread on this damn forum, grow the hell up. Just because the fan boys at Gizmodo and Apple forums bash everything else doesn't mean you have to, lets take the higher road here.
  5. #165  
    I have used a palm since the first palm 1000. It has been a life transforming tool for me over the years. I bought it as a student and using the PIMs was able to transform my gpa from 0.7 (no joke) to 4.0. I now hold a PhD, MBA, and MSc. I have long followed every piece of news about the palm. I wavered briefly in the mid 2000s and bought a WinMo device. I just wanted a device that did more and that looked good. But the transition was short lived and I moved back to a T3. I was strongly considering moving to the iPhone. Then came webOS. I was so excited, I decided to get it just to be loyal to palm, their tools have done so much for me. But I have to say that it is still not quite a useful tool to me because the weak pims (I was a dateBk6 user). So it remains a fun toy for now (thanks to preware). Also, I really wish it had a larger screen. The TX screen was ok, but I often felt like I could use more space when doing complex project management and planning.

    With that said, I got excited when I heard about the ipad rumors. I thought, "maybe this will be the tool I need, right now palmOS is still the best platform for PIMs, maybe the ipad would take us into a modern platform (the iphone has agendus and pocketinformant). I have to say though, after seeing the apple news event today, i will pass. And it all really comes down to how apps are handled. Multi tasking on webOS has got me spoiled. I can't go back. And jumbo sized iphone apps really just do not look appealing. Maybe when this platform matures it will be an option. Or a nice skin on the HP slate.

    I currently use a MacBook. I have been using it for 7 months now for work. I am glad I gave it a try, but I honestly can't see what all the fuss is about, it is a pretty weak experience when it comes to actual tools. Often I find myself booting into Win7 because I can't find tools to do what I need for the mac. I can't wait to make Win7 my primary tool again, and I would be interested to tryout a slate (or Microsoft Courier) form factor to see how it could meet my needs.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
  6. #166  
    webos would be awesome on tablet, but i doubt we'll ever see one.
  7. #167  
    Has anybody bothered to read the above the Quick Reply box? LMAO @ "Ipod plus".
  8. #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    Has anybody bothered to read the above the Quick Reply box? LMAO @ "Ipod plus".
    lol! nice!
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  9. #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    Why can't people just be happy with the choices they make, respect the choices others make, and ignore things they deem to be useless... Apple released an iPad, great for them.. if you want one, buy it. If you not, don't. They certainly won't give 2 shakes of a stick and I am sure in the overall context of things neither will you.

    People here seem to hate Apple fan boys with a passion but seem to become the exact thing for the opposing teams, how about looking in the mirror? Just let people enjoy their respective devices and be done with it already, all this bickering over WebOS vs iPhone vs Andorid vs Every other god damn thing is starting to get very annoying. It is like every other thread on this damn forum, grow the hell up. Just because the fan boys at Gizmodo and Apple forums bash everything else doesn't mean you have to, lets take the higher road here.
    Well, after listening to all the hype I, for one, was beginning to think this might be the Apple product (other than iPods) that would hold some utility for me. Turns out it's not. And then I find this discussion about it here on this discussion board. So I got involved in discussing it.

    I should think that anyone who didn't want to discuss it would just avoid the thread, rather than posting in it that they don't like the discussion...
  10. rkguy's Avatar
    Posts
    803 Posts
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    I have used a palm since the first palm 1000. It has been a life transforming tool for me over the years. I bought it as a student and using the PIMs was able to transform my gpa from 0.7 (no joke) to 4.0. I now hold a PhD, MBA, and MSc. I have long followed every piece of news about the palm. I wavered briefly in the mid 2000s and bought a WinMo device. I just wanted a device that did more and that looked good. But the transition was short lived and I moved back to a T3. I was strongly considering moving to the iPhone. Then came webOS. I was so excited, I decided to get it just to be loyal to palm, their tools have done so much for me. But I have to say that it is still not quite a useful tool to me because the weak pims (I was a dateBk6 user). So it remains a fun toy for now (thanks to preware). Also, I really wish it had a larger screen. The TX screen was ok, but I often felt like I could use more space when doing complex project management and planning.

    With that said, I got excited when I heard about the ipad rumors. I thought, "maybe this will be the tool I need, right now palmOS is still the best platform for PIMs, maybe the ipad would take us into a modern platform (the iphone has agendus and pocketinformant). I have to say though, after seeing the apple news event today, i will pass. And it all really comes down to how apps are handled. Multi tasking on webOS has got me spoiled. I can't go back. And jumbo sized iphone apps really just do not look appealing. Maybe when this platform matures it will be an option. Or a nice skin on the HP slate.

    I currently use a MacBook. I have been using it for 7 months now for work. I am glad I gave it a try, but I honestly can't see what all the fuss is about, it is a pretty weak experience when it comes to actual tools. Often I find myself booting into Win7 because I can't find tools to do what I need for the mac. I can't wait to make Win7 my primary tool again, and I would be interested to tryout a slate (or Microsoft Courier) form factor to see how it could meet my needs.
    I use an HP 2730P - best tablet pc i've owned, hands down! (i've owned a lot)
  11. #171  
    WebOS has not matured enough for something like that yet.
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

    RIP

  12. #172  
    This is an interesting article on Apple's strategy with the iPad, puts some perspective on things

    iPad will be to MacBook as Netbook is to PC | Rafe's Radar - CNET News
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
  13. #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Does that make the Pre/Pixi then an undersized app launcher? In technical terms, WebOS is pathetic compared to the iPhone OS. As a developer, I wish I had the same tools available to me in WebOS that's available in iPhone OS.

    And before you knock me... I'm supporting something I don't even own. I own a Pre because it fits my current lifestyle better, but that doesn't mean I can't wish for features that are found elsewhere.
    Speaking as a consumer I find the iPhone and now the iPad's OS to be very boring. "tap tap tap close tap tap tap close" The lack of multitasking is a real deal breaker. I mean they are trying to talk me into buying a 10 inch $500+ device which I can't even stream Pandora and check my email on at the same time? So while WebOS may not be as mature (although from a pure consumer standpoint I'm barely noticing anymore) I prefer WebOS because it is a lot more fun to use and seems to be improving at a faster rate than the iPhone's OS ever has.

    I am not a Palm apologist. The Pre is my first Palm device and I've never owned an iPhone but I have used plenty and followed it's progression from the beginning. WebOS is the best OS out there right now in my opinion and Apple has nothing to offer that excites me anymore.

    Just think about using WebOS on a device like the iPad. The gestures, card view etc. It would be incredible.
  14. #174  
    So here's a question to pose then for many of you... how big of a game changer would this be if in a few months when/if they announce OS 4 and it includes multitasking, something that is easy and manageable (if not better) than WebOS? Would you be more interested in an iPhone/iPad then?
  15. digink's Avatar
    Posts
    322 Posts
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Well, after listening to all the hype I, for one, was beginning to think this might be the Apple product (other than iPods) that would hold some utility for me. Turns out it's not. And then I find this discussion about it here on this discussion board. So I got involved in discussing it.

    I should think that anyone who didn't want to discuss it would just avoid the thread, rather than posting in it that they don't like the discussion...
    It wasn't a discussion, everyone just coming in saying how bad it sucks (without ever using it) and calling it a MaxIpad isn't discussing anything. I won't ever get an iPad, but I'm not just going to bad mouth it because I happen to own a Pre. Like I said, people need to grow up. If you were one of the people trying to have a civilized discussion on how the device is actually a let down, then please feel free to ignore my statement as it is not directed towards you.
  16. #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    ipad has to be the lamest name for a device ever.
    I know this is silliness, but I can't help it.

    I have four daughters. They're all grown and out of the house now. I can't help but grin every time I see the stupid name "iPad". This thread is killing me...
  17. #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    The name is great IMO..simple, descriptive. The device though is a big miss for me especially for someone with an iphone.
    ...
    I disagree. You watch, someone is going to semi-jokingly offer up a docking/charging station with "wings". The name is awful. Makes the "Pixi" look like sheer genius (which it ain't).
  18. #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    Speaking as a consumer I find the iPhone.....
    very well said without a hint of flaming or favoritism.
  19. #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I know this is silliness, but I can't help it.

    I have four daughters. They're all grown and out of the house now. I can't help but grin every time I see the stupid name "iPad". This thread is killing me...
    youre that old?

    cool.
  20. #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Maybe not the masses, but I'm sure the folks who actually read a lot are convinced.

    Prolly not a flop. I do still see people riding the Segway.
    There's a Segway dealership about 2 miles from me. I'd love to have one... but $5k is a killer.

    I wonder if it comes with a bracket for an iPad...
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions