Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Something tells me this iPad thing is not going to last long. Even the name sounds gay. This will surely be the demise of Apple. They really f**ked up this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    If you have Macbook or any kind of capable lapper, why would one get the Pad? I don't even think that it has an internet browser. If you need a e-book reader then I can see someone getting the Pad b/c it offers more than the Kindle or Nook.
    ... Have you even researched the iPad? Doesn't have a browser....? It has a full fledge browser called Safari.

And I would get an iPad because I find many times where I'd rather not lug my laptop to a coffee shop when I'm having a Skype conference, or bother pulling it out of the overhead bin in an airplane to watch a movie.

And I own a Kindle, nothing will replace that for reading books. You can't beat e-ink for prolonged reading. However, this tablet will be great for reading digital magazines and news papers.

There are numerous reasons.

I suggest watching the video: http://www.apple.com/ipad
    Berkerja is an iPod lover.

lol
    Quote Originally Posted by mmprotection View Post
    Berkerja is an iPod lover.
    Yes. You got it! Even after I clearly stated a few posts up that I don't even own an iPod or iPhone. Only Apple product I own is one single MacBook Pro. I just keep an objective view on things in life.

I see the potential here. It's not perfect, but nothing that's not solvable by simple software updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by diyeiogt View Post

lol
    OMG. That was hilarious. The funny this is that that video was from 2007.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    I think it's the folks that are excited that don't have the objective view. I was driving to work this morning thinking that this just might be the product that brings me back to Apple but, after seeing what it does, it's just a big iPod Touch.

It doesn't appear to do anything better (except maybe read books, which I ain't gonna do on any LCD screen) than my Dell Mini 10 that costs me less money. And the Mini is an actual computer, with storage and a multitasking OS that does more stuff.

I can see where people might like this, but if HP had introduced this EXACT SAME product today, it would just be a blip, not a "game changer".
    Not to mention your Dell Mini 10 has access to MILLIONS of USEFUL apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    ... Have you even researched the iPad? Doesn't have a browser....? It has a full fledge browser called Safari.

And I would get an iPad because I find many times where I'd rather not lug my laptop to a coffee shop when I'm having a Skype conference, or bother pulling it out of the overhead bin in an airplane to watch a movie.

And I own a Kindle, nothing will replace that for reading books. You can't beat e-ink for prolonged reading. However, this tablet will be great for reading digital magazines and news papers.

There are numerous reasons.

I suggest watching the video: Apple - iPad - The best way to experience the web, email, & photos
    I thought the iPad didn't have a webcam? So no webcam conferences... $600 and they couldn't add a webcam. My netbook is better than the iPad and I only paid $200.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    All valid points, but are those that that buy an iPad looking to buy another "computer" or a device that serves a market between computers and mobile smartphones?
    I just don't understand why anybody would be looking for that. It's less than each of those devices. Maybe if it was an actual convergence device that served both purposes just as well, but it's not.
    barkerja

I'm with you man! Don't worry about how people responding here, most of them have no idea what Mac OS X really is. Apple users better knows what iPad will be and how best it become from release date.

For me iPad+Palm Pre best choice, and most amazing thing will be when I use Palm Pre mobile hotspot for iPad everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    If you need a e-book reader then I can see someone getting the Pad b/c it offers more than the Kindle or Nook.
    More and less. My Kindle has e-ink which is easier to read, it fits in the back pocket of my jeans and I charge it about once a month. Kinda like a book.

I own (among a whole lot of electronic devices) a Kindle, a netbook and a smartphone. If I bought this device it wouldn't converge or replace any of them, it would just be another gadget at the house that I wasted money on.

Not that I don't waste money on gadgets, my point is this is just not the game changing device it was worked up to be, and a lot less than all the hype. Kinda like that MacBook Air...
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmprotection View Post
    Something tells me this iPad thing is not going to last long. Even the name sounds gay. This will surely be the demise of Apple. They really f**ked up this time.
    Stupidity like this makes Pre users look bad. Apple has money out the ass in case you weren't aware.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    A webos tablet is something I'd be very interested in.
    Quote Originally Posted by iverieli View Post
    barkerjaFor me iPad+Palm Pre best choice, and most amazing thing will be when I use Palm Pre mobile hotspot for iPad everywhere.
    you realize that's two app catalogs to buy from? And that the pad is limited compared to every netbook out there... It looks sleek and fancy sure, but what real fuctionality does this have that a mini10 or volstro v13 don't?
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse View Post
    A webos tablet is something I'd be very interested in.
    Why? it would have 1000 apps, if that
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    Why? it would have 1000 apps, if that
    I've found the early webos apps to be very useful. Quality vs quantity for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse View Post
    I've found the early webos apps to be very useful. Quality vs quantity for me
    The only real quality apps in the catalog currently are the full 3D games. I still really dislike the feel of every application being "web". I much prefer the native look, feel and responsiveness.

One day maybe.
    It is just an oversized and overpriced app launcher. Slap WebOS on that bad boy and get back to me. NEXT.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    you realize that's two app catalogs to buy from? And that the pad is limited compared to every netbook out there... It looks sleek and fancy sure, but what real fuctionality does this have that a mini10 or volstro v13 don't?
    I can't use any PC and I will never do. I'm mac user last 10 years and I never looking any PC.

Dual apps? maybe that will be a problem but to be honest I'm not big gamer or even buying too much apps. I had all generation iPhones and bought max 15-20 apps most. I really tired to bring with me MacBook Air or MacBook and any PC netbooks are much heavier then MacBook Air. I got iMac and thats absolutely amazing desktop machine, I got Palm Pre and I love it much much more then iPhone and I need something to bring with me anytime, everywhere for emailing, movies, own videos, books, some word, exel, presentation apps and etc. iPad is ideal for me.
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast