Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    The name is great IMO..simple, descriptive. The device though is a big miss for me especially for someone with an iphone.

But I think they'll do ok. I'm not sure the masses are convinced how great e-ink (or even know of e-ink) is for reading and many would rather have this. Throw in all the other things it can do... But that's a big price for what is basically a big ipod/ereader.
    Maybe not the masses, but I'm sure the folks who actually read a lot are convinced.

Prolly not a flop. I do still see people riding the Segway.
    lol at the name iPad why aint the name it iTampon
    Incidentally, for all those hoping for multitasking on the iPhone--if Apple had built multitasking into the iPhone OS, we'd see it on the iPad. Since it doesn't appear to be there, I think that ol' Steve-o has decided that the unwashed masses just don't want to do more than one thing at a time.

Of course, with the iPad you don't need to worry about a phone call interrupting your game that you'll then have to start over. Because of course the iPad doesn't take calls.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    well lets be realistic about this its apple so it will not be a flop but it wont be very successful either.
    I would like to point you back before 2000 when Apple would've died had the schools not gone easy on them and bought their piece of junk boxes.

Just because the company has had success in the last decade does not mean that it will coming up. It's about time this company who is only about fashion goes out of style.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    I agree with you. I just don't understand what is so revolutionary and magical and about the IpadMaxi. I mean, I can watch Youtube HD videos on my Toshiba lapper. I can even multitask on my lapper and look at my pics while uploading this to Picasa. I even play music on my lapper and I can use Microsoft Office. I can't use multitouch, but if bought a new lapper I would be able to.

So what sets the Ipad apart. Oh yeah, b/c it is a Apple product.
    Your "lapper" isn't 1.5lbs .5" thin, doesn't have built in 3G for $29.99 a month...throw in google voice you have a giant iPhone for $30 a month without a contract.

It also has A LOT of gaming potential, if the iPhone/iPod's have become gaming device...this could go somewhere too...did you see NOVA on that thing, wow.

Welp, this iPad needs a netbook or better to sync to. Hard to replace what you need to sync with

And yet, its not even as functional as an iphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Incidentally, for all those hoping for multitasking on the iPhone--if Apple had built multitasking into the iPhone OS, we'd see it on the iPad.
    I think that you may be right. One would think that we would have seen multitasking b/c it appears that the IpadMaxi's OS is built upon the Iphone OS. But I guess we have to wait until they announce Iphone OS4.

But I have to ask again, should we have held off on getting a Pre Plus until I heard Apple's announcement today about Iphone OS4 and its multitasking capabilities? I mean, that is what a number of people on Precentral said one should do.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Incidentally, for all those hoping for multitasking on the iPhone--if Apple had built multitasking into the iPhone OS, we'd see it on the iPad. Since it doesn't appear to be there, I think that ol' Steve-o has decided that the unwashed masses just don't want to do more than one thing at a time.

Of course, with the iPad you don't need to worry about a phone call interrupting your game that you'll then have to start over. Because of course the iPad doesn't take calls.
    Unless he didn't want to give away things that will be later announced at an iPhone announcement. I'm digging through the new SDK right now, but no new iPhone firmware quite yet.. which is indicative that there's a lot more to come.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    I think that you may be right. One would think that we would have seen multitasking b/c it appears that the IpadMaxi's OS is built upon the Iphone OS. But I guess we have to wait until they announce Iphone OS4.

But I have to ask again, should we have held off on getting a Pre Plus until I heard Apple's announcement today about Iphone OS4 and its multitasking capabilities? I mean, that is what a number of people on Precentral said one should do.
    It doesn't matter because you can still get a full refund for everything within a certain amount of time...call Verizon and ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post

It also has A LOT of gaming potential, if the iPhone/iPod's have become gaming device...this could go somewhere too...did you see NOVA on that thing, wow.
    Did you see them holding the device with one hand while using the other to touch on it? Now imagine playing a game for awhile. Engadget says its not that light. I can't even imagine trying to type on it with any speed. At least the iphone allows for fast typing because of its size.

Btw..they said its running iphone 3.2
    Your "lapper" isn't 1.5lbs .5" thin, doesn't have built in 3G for $29.99 a month...throw in google voice you have a giant iPhone for $30 a month without a contract.

Well, my lapper has Wifi and it doesn't need to be 1.5 pounds and long as I can carry it around without any strain. And what is the point of "throwing" in Google voice to get a giant Iphone if you already have phone you paying $60 or more a month for? Doesn't really compute.

Gaming potential? I guess but gaming on a 10in screen is not the bee's knees.
    I agree with you. I just don't understand what is so revolutionary and magical and about the IpadMaxi. I mean, I can watch Youtube HD videos on my Toshiba lapper. I can even multitask on my lapper and look at my pics while uploading this to Picasa. I even play music on my lapper and I can use Microsoft Office. I can't use multitouch, but if bought a new lapper I would be able to.

So what sets the Ipad apart. Oh yeah, b/c it is a Apple product.
    my point exactly, with laptops selling for dirt cheap no a days, what does this have that is so revolutionary other than touchscreen/multi touch?

lets make a checklist:

1. i can access itunes from my laptop
    2. i can listen to music from my laptop
    3. i can access google earth from my laptop
    4. i can see full webpages from my laptop
    5. i can multitask on my laptop (ipad can't)
    6. i can use camera on my laptop ( ipad can't)
    7. i can have 300+gb on my laptop (ipad 64gb max)
    8. i can edit and view photos on my laptop

Stuff i can't do:
    1. multitouch

wow..... amazing.

i'm going to run to the store and grab one right now...

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Well, my lapper has Wifi and it doesn't need to be 1.5 pounds and long as I can carry it around without any strain. And what is the point of "throwing" in Google voice to get a giant Iphone if you already have phone you paying $60 or more a month for? Doesn't really compute.

Gaming potential? I guess but gaming on a 10in screen is not the bee's knees.
    also if you needed a laptop that was 1.5 pounds get a freaking macBook Air

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Unless he didn't want to give away things that will be later announced at an iPhone announcement. I'm digging through the new SDK right now, but no new iPhone firmware quite yet.. which is indicative that there's a lot more to come.
    It's no secret that we all know Iphone OS4 is coming. It's a yearly event that one can time like a woman's menstrual cycle.

The laffer for me for the past two weeks were the loud and proud claims on this website that Steve was going to announce Iphone OS4 today and he'll show multitasking to rival the Pre. Steve was going to announce Iphone 4G for Sprint today and it was going to turn Sprint around. I mean why else did Dan Hesse from Sprint mention Iphone.....errr.....Itouch at CES? It had to be b/c Iphone 4G was going to be announce today. 'How cool is that', some on this board proclaimed. Steve was going to announce Iphone for Verizon. None of that happened.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    my point exactly, with laptops selling for dirt cheap no a days, what does this have that is so revolutionary other than touchscreen/multi touch?

lets make a checklist:

Stuff i can't do:
    1. multitouch

wow..... amazing.

i'm going to run to the store and grab one right now...
    It's not a laptop...funny how everyone is s#!*ting on the iPad but when Microsoft announced all these Slate PC's everyone yawned.
    it does have unlimited 3G...$29 a month any GSM carrier no contract

Google Voice???
    Since Apple can't dictate a carrier's terms, I believe this $29/month deal with no contract is specific to AT&T. Other GSM carriers (T-Mobile in the US, I suppose) would have to offer their own deal. Just like with unlocked phones.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    lets make a checklist:

Stuff i can't do:
    1. multitouch
    And, I can do multitouch on my Dell Latitude XT, as can a number of other Tablet PCs on the market today.
    It doesn't matter because you can still get a full refund for everything within a certain amount of time...call Verizon and ask.
    I was being sarcastic b/c there were actual threads on this forum where people were spewing that crap about waiting until today's announcement. I'm not on Big Red. I'm on Big Blue and I'll get the Pre Plus when it hits Big Blue over the summer. I just found it hilarious some of the uninformed threads and posts leading up to today's announcement were.
    It's not a laptop...funny how everyone is s#!*ting on the iPad but when Microsoft announced all these Slate PC's everyone yawned.
    That's funny because all the slate pc's did much much much much more than this IPAD, yet got no love, and Apple brings out a giant iphone, that can't make calls, and calls it a magical device? It's a giant MID with an outdated OS. That's it.
    Everyone yawned b/c the HP slate that MS announced at CES doesn't do anything different than a lapper. It's the same thing for this IpadMaxi. At least the HP slate can multitask.
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast