Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Honestly, if it had multitasking I could consider it. Without it, this thing is useless to me compared to a netbook.

And for those acting like Apple products can never fail can I remind you of the Macbook Air, which also was highly hyped and in the end was a relative dud?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Honestly, if it had multitasking I could consider it. Without it, this thing is useless to me compared to a netbook....
    The question nobody is asking and the "secret weapon" here is the Apple A4 processor. I just don't think this thing has ANY horsepower (compared to iNtel Atom and AMD mobile part)...hence iPad CANT multitask.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    The question nobody is asking and the "secret weapon" here is the Apple A4 processor. I just don't think this thing has ANY horsepower (compared to iNtel Atom and AMD mobile part)...hence iPad CANT multitask.
    Your out of your gord. This thing is smokin fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Your out of your gord. This thing is smokin fast.
    Is it smoking fast or just optimized for the platform? I doubt we'll see real/regular OS X apps on this device bcause (IMO) it would be too much for the processor.

I agree that this is smoking fast.... for an iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Is it smoking fast or just optimized for the platform? I doubt we'll see real/regular OS X apps on this device bcause (IMO) it would be too much for the processor.

I agree that this is smoking fast.... for an iPhone.
    Well, since this runs the iPhone OS and not the desktop OSX, you most certainly wont see regular OSX apps.
    As much as I dislike the iPhone I had I am totally buying one an Ipad for nothing else than showing pictures, but that is big part of my life. If there were an WebOS alternative, I would be all over it.
    Ok, so what about this:

I hope the C40 is a phone with at least a 4.3" screen and a landscape hardware keyboard. I also want it to have beefed up PIM applications, at least at the standard of the old Palm devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I hope not I've been following apples presentation and in my opinion the ipad is that it is completely useless. Where am I going to cary that big thing. If I'm going to do that I will just grab my laptop instead.
    I think the iPad was AT&T's original concept for the iPhone... it looks like something a giant phone conglomerate would design. Huge, and lacking features.

I suspect that if Steve Jobs had been out sick during that meeting, Apple would have adopted that huge form factor (remember the Newton? It was designed while Jobs was absent...)

Wouldn't it be funny if all the iPhone users were carrying that huge slab around and talking about how great their phone is?

But, I still can't figure out why ANYONE would buy an iPad...
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Well, in about a month, there will be about a million people that can answer that question for you.
    come on man, only reason people buy this crap is cause it has an apple logo on it. is there a market demand for this type of item? somewhat. Is it worth the money apple wants for it, nope. Will people line up around the corner and spend the night in line to get one, yep. People are idiots and will believe whatever the man on the tv says. Just look at our president.

Thanks.
    I am not at all surprized.

1. it is a great deal of $ and is not subsizied by the cell industry, (in these days up to $1000 per unit is great deal of $).

2. You have spend $107 just to have the battery changed and that also means being without, as you have to ship it to them and/or drop it off at an Apple store. the abttery should have ben user changable.

Makes me wonder if, as all of those Iphones out there age, that many will be PO'ed when the discover that they have to be without their phone for a while, as it goes in for a bterry change.

That also brings up a privacy issue, of sending off your Ipad or Iphone with your private info on it!

Apple 2.0
    Mac news from outside the reality distortion field

Apple iPad orders drop sharply

Posted by Philip Elmer-DeWitt
    March 15, 2010 5:17 AM

A rough three-day estimate, based on an analysis of order numbers: 152,000 units

Source: Daniel Tello
    After the initial burst of excitement on Friday that saw iPad pre-orders coming in at the rate of 25,000 per hour, there was a dramatic fall-off over the weekend.

According to Daniel Tello, the Venezuelan blogger-analyst who has been tracking order numbers submitted by volunteers at Investor Village's AAPL Sanity board, orders on Saturday and Sunday slowed to an estimated 1,000 per hour.

Tello, who is better known on the Web as Deagol (after a Hobbit in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings), attributes roughly half of the estimated 120,000 first-day sales to "pure overexcited fanboism."

The real demand for Apple's (AAPL) tablet computer in the weeks before its April 3 release, he says, is probably closer to 30,000 per weekday and half that on weekends.

"With three weeks and two weekends left before they ship, I wouldn't expect much more than half a million in pre-orders and reservations," he says.

"My best guess, although very tentative given the early stage and few data we have so far, would be that they hit the 1 million unit milestone by the second week after it ships," he told Fortune. "But this is a very speculative guesstimate based on just a weekend of pre-orders."

Tello's estimates are based on 120 orders for 137 iPads over 58 hours, starting at 8:30 a.m. ET Friday.

Working with Victor Castroll, an analyst with Valcent Financial Group, he applied a complex formula that subtracts the average number of non-iPad orders on Apple's online site (assuming a slight bump due to increased traffic), multiplies the result by an average of 1.125 iPads per order and adds an estimated 2,000 units for the eight late-night hours for which they had no data.

Tello's bottom line estimate: 152,000 pre-orders by midnight Sunday. This does not include iPads reserved for pick-up.

The breakdown of orders by flash drive capacity (16, 32 or 64GB) and network (Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi+3G) remains roughly where it was on Friday (see pie charts here), with buyers favoring Wi-Fi over Wi-Fi+3G by more than 2 to 1. There was a slight increase over the weekend in 64GB orders, pushing its share of the pie to more than 35%.

Tello and Castroll hope to continue their analysis, but they are running out of volunteers willing to submit their order numbers. If you pre-order an iPad between now and April 3 and would like to contribute to their effort, send the information to ipadsales10@gmail.com. Include your order number with the last three digits Xed out, the number of iPads you ordered, the order time, time zone, memory capacity and whether your iPad is Wi-Fi only or Wi-Fi + 3G.

Tello is famous in Apple investor circles for making predictions of the company's quarterly revenues and earnings that are as good as, and more often better, than those published by professional analysts.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    If the C40 is a tablet, palm could very well push it as more of an internet device than the iPad since it should support Flash, if Adobe ever releases it. But that would be dependent on palm actually knowing how to market a device, which we know how good they are at doing that.
  13.    #593  
    Ok, with HP and the Palm buyout does this mean that this could have been pre planned?

I'm not saying that the buyout was pre planned, but could Palm have approached HP with it's ideas about a planned C40 slate just prior to the buyout to show tham what Palm had lined up?

By the way, I'm still looking forward to the next phone (hopefully 4G)
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Eh, I dunno how long the HP buyout was in the works. My guess is the past few weeks. Probably whenever it was leaked that the senior execs were being paid to stay.

But with the HP buyout, we are guaranteed a WebOS tablet next year.
  15.    #595  
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    Eh, I dunno how long the HP buyout was in the works. My guess is the past few weeks. Probably whenever it was leaked that the senior execs were being paid to stay.

But with the HP buyout, we are guaranteed a WebOS tablet next year.
    Thats good news, thanks and I hope your right.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930