Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 595
  1. #41  
    wow... finished following the presentation... biggest waste of time... EVER. I feel bad for the apple **** kissers that actually flew in to go to this "event". It's a "magical device with a breathtaking price!"... hahahahaha.. omg. This is gonna be the biggest flop of the year. No multitasking, no camera, no gps. Its a big freakin stripped down iphone!
  2. #42  
    In history, this will go down the way of the betamax, HD-DVD, the IBM pc-JR, the flowbie, and Barney the Purple Dinosaur. Certain people will love it until they grow up and realize how stupid they look with an over-sized and crippled iPhone. It kind of reminds me of those over-sized remotes that are supposed the help with the problem of them not getting lost. The foleo was a much better idea as at least that would have been sort of pocketable. This is like half a laptop just waiting to get broken.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    So your saying carrying around a Phone a ipad isn't enough so we should start with sprints mifi as well. Ooooh man I will need a full backpack worth of stuff on ther other hand a laptop at this point will do the same and more.
    Then I suggest Timbuk2 Bags - Timbuk2 -- We already carry around cellphones, laptops, kindles.. this will replace at least one of those devices in many situations. I don't ever see a need to carry around every device you absolutely own, it all depends on the situation and need/desire.

    If I was traveling on a plane, I'd carry all devices; that's what, like 5 - 7lbs in electronics, nothing. However, if I'm just going to a coffee shop to hang out then the iPad is perfect. Especially to do school work on.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    wow... finished following the presentation... biggest waste of time... EVER. I feel bad for the apple **** kissers that actually flew in to go to this "event". It's a "magical device with a breathtaking price!"... hahahahaha.. omg. This is gonna be the biggest flop of the year. No multitasking, no camera, no gps. Its a big freakin stripped down iphone!
    The people that flew in for the thing seemed to be happy about b/c they were cheering and applauding when Steve showed the thing. Hehe! Someone even yelled out 'We love you'. Appleloonians!
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  5. rashad1's Avatar
    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    #45  
    Multitasking hasn't been announced yet, I still am iffy about this "iPad"...the bezel kills me


    It also has A LOT of gaming potential, if the iPhone/iPod's have become gaming device...this could go somewhere too...did you see NOVA on that thing, wow.





    Last edited by rashad1; 01/27/2010 at 02:13 PM.
  6. #46  
    My little sister, who loves everything Apple, is this morning predicting "a flop, like the Newton"
  7. #47  
    The name is great IMO..simple, descriptive. The device though is a big miss for me especially for someone with an iphone.

    But I think they'll do ok. I'm not sure the masses are convinced how great e-ink (or even know of e-ink) is for reading and many would rather have this. Throw in all the other things it can do... But that's a big price for what is basically a big ipod/ereader.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    Certain people will love it until they grow up and realize how stupid they look with an over-sized and crippled iPhone.
    I was thinking that if they would have included a 3G radio in the pad, you prolly would have seen people walking around with the pad up to their ear talking on it. Seriously. They would have looked even sillier.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  9. #49  
    well lets be realistic about this its apple so it will not be a flop but it wont be very successful either.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    Multitasking hasn't been announced yet, I still am iffy about this "iPad"...the bezel kills me
    So you're still waiting for that announcement today? It ain't coming today and when you do see it prolly won't be as revolutionary or magical as you may think. But then again the IMaxiPad is magical and revolutionary.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  11. #51  
    i think the thing that bothered me most about this presentation wasn't the i-maxi-pad. Its that apple (and steve jobs) are so full of themselves that they feel CES isn't an important enough forum to announce a mediocre stripped down tablet. What about this thing was important enough to have an entire presentation with hundreds of people flying in from all over to find out about this stupid piece of junk. An hour and a half of CRAP!
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by notaphonegeek View Post
    Not true, I often carry my pre and my laptop. As I also said before, my wife carries her Kindle and her pre as well. My 17 year old starts college later this year and it would make a great addition to his pre.

    I would love to see this as a Sprint/Palm Web OS device with multitasking.
    I agree with the spirit of this post. I think the idea of a all-in-one device is both unrealistic today (and will be for some time), and it's also quite limiting. I have a backpack with my Dell XT Tablet PC (does everything the iPad does, with a physical keyboard and 12.1" screen), my Zune ($14.99/month for 10 MP3s to keep and all the other songs I can download), and my nook (best device for reading novels, in my opinion). I have my Pre in its holster (best multitasking smartphone on the market).

    Trying to jam all of that functionality into one device is silly, and only limits what's possible for each purpose.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  13. #53  
    in my opinion it just looks like a larger iphone with a bigger screen. no real wow factor. The way steve jobs talked about being able to see the entire webpage and using multi touch, big woop?! i can do that now from my phone, if my phone had a 6 inch screen it would be a PrePad......

    i can see this selling to people who have money laying around, but i don't see this as a nessesaty like smartphone when your not near a pc or a laptop, especially if it can't do what a laptop can...


    Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    But weren't they supposed to announce Iphone OS4 today? Shouldn't I have held off on buying the Pre Plus until I heard what Steve was going to say about Iphone OS4 today? Isn't one of the likely reasons Verizon has held off on advertising the Pre Plus and the Pixi Plus on tv is b/c they were waiting to see what Steve would say about Iphone OS4 today?

    So Sprint does GSM? I don't understand your third point.
    My point is, buy the base model (the one with just Wifi) and use the Mifi/Overdrive for your data connection.
    Last edited by barkerja; 01/27/2010 at 02:24 PM.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    i think the thing that bothered me most about this presentation wasn't the i-maxi-pad. Its that apple (and steve jobs) are so full of themselves that they feel CES isn't an important enough forum to announce a mediocre stripped down tablet. What about this thing was important enough to have an entire presentation with hundreds of people flying in from all over to find out about this stupid piece of junk. An hour and a half of CRAP!
    If Palm could get that kind of attention by sending out invites, they'd skip CES too. :P

    I mean, if you can..then why not?
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    My point is, by the base model (the one with just Wifi) and use the Mifi/Overdrive for your data connection.
    Ok.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  17. rashad1's Avatar
    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    I was thinking that if they would have included a 3G radio in the pad, you prolly would have seen people walking around with the pad up to their ear talking on it. Seriously. They would have looked even sillier.
    it does have unlimited 3G...$29 a month any GSM carrier no contract

    Google Voice???
  18. #58  
    I would actually be interested in a Tablet that would be a companion piece to the Pre. A Pre "Foleo," if you will. Give it bluetooth and wi-fi (for connecting to networks or the Pre) and give it the option to use the Pre's data connection. Throw in a on-screen keyboard, too.

    Once more apps like Docs To Go are available, I could see how webOS would make it possible for a companion tablet to take the place of my netbook.
    Last edited by semprini; 01/27/2010 at 02:33 PM.
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    My little sister, who loves everything Apple, is this morning predicting "a flop, like the Newton"
    Yes, the Newton was actually a much better idea than this is.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    in my opinion it just looks like a larger iphone with a bigger screen. no real wow factor. The way steve jobs talked about being able to see the entire webpage and using multi touch, big woop?! i can do that now from my phone, if my phone had a 6 inch screen it would be a PrePad......

    i can see this selling to people who have money laying around, but i don't see this as a nessesaty like smartphone when your not near a pc or a laptop, especially if it can't do what a laptop can...
    I agree with you. I just don't understand what is so revolutionary and magical and about the IpadMaxi. I mean, I can watch Youtube HD videos on my Toshiba lapper. I can even multitask on my lapper and look at my pics while uploading this to Picasa. I even play music on my lapper and I can use Microsoft Office. I can't use multitouch, but if bought a new lapper I would be able to.

    So what sets the Ipad apart. Oh yeah, b/c it is a Apple product.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions