Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    the irony is that the folks that download illegal mp3's claim that doesn't equate to stealing, but they are both breaking copyright law.

Go figger....
    get out of my head!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Start a company in your basement, build it up to be a household name, leave it, build another company, sell it to Disney in exchange for about 20% of the company, go back to your original company, revolutionize mobile technology, get a liver transplant, build it back up to a 50 billion dollar company, and announce a new product that you've been working on for several years. Then put it on sale for less than an off-contract Pre.
    Once again, you prove my point. I really don't give a crap about all of that. When that guy gets up on the stage with a device in his hand, I look at the device, whereas you're just drooling over the guy holding it. Brain goes off, wallet comes out. Do you have the same reaction with Bill Gates or Paul Allen? Didn't think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I think his point is that Apple didn't do it first, Doesn't make it easy and deserves none of the credit for theme's on the iphone.
    if that's his point, then ok.

but if that's his point, then why would he say it's easier to do on an iPhone than a Pre since Palm actually does make it easy, to the point of encouraging it?
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Paul Allen? Didn't think so.
    the guy in American Psycho?
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    Until the Federal government and Interpool create an Anti-Jailbreaking division for Apple. I don't see anything happening, you are more likely to get a ticket for j-walking.
    Except that wasn't what got the MP3 downloader's attention. What got their attention was the copyright owners suing. If you think Apple would not sue over something like jailbreaking, you haven't been around the industry long enough.
  6. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Ok. I will try again. Its a large screen device that can..........
    read ebooks, read magazines, read comics, email, edit docs and spreadsheets, access my database, IM, VOIP calls, browse the web, check facebook, check twitter, play games, access my corporate calendar, access my task list, access my notes, play my music, watch video, access all of my iPhone apps, etc.

While the iPhone/touch can do many of these things, the larger screen allows for a better experience in MOST cases. If you don't agree that's fine. You can continue using your netbook and kindle, or hoping for the hybrid amazon/Palm tablet that in your own words will "kill many devices".

Okay, Agree the pad is good.
    but this

Would do everything you listed minus the APPS and iWork.
    Missing APPS is a huge blow, but look at the positives

Can multitask
    Has a physical keyboard
    Can be used as an external harddrive
    and
    the swipes
    Last edited by gbp; 01/29/2010 at 03:03 PM.
    oh unless the pdk really makes it incredibly easy to port osx apps!
    Negatives: Does not exist.
    Not true, my unicorn has one.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    That should go under "Positives" actually.
    lol the Ipad is about as great as the macbook wheel.

P.S. Rashad you remind me of the guy at 1:37.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    lol the Ipad is about as great as the macbook wheel.

P.S. Rashad you remind me of the guy at 1:37.
    You remind of that guy who posts videos that I saw two years ago.
    Classics never get old = - ).
  13. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Sure , I wish the C40 be that magical product.
    Oh got bored of this iPad news, I am reeely looking for that HD2 form factor WebOS phone.
  14. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Classics never get old = - ).
    Your video made my day. The real question is at 2:25
    speaking of years ago.....

Steve Jobs on Amazon and Ice Cream - Bits Blog - NYTimes.com

Recent (Sept. 2009) conversation......

Quote Originally Posted by author
    A couple of years ago, pre-Kindle, Mr. Jobs expressed his doubts that e-readers were ready for prime time. So today, I asked if his opinions have changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve HandJobs
    “I’m sure there will always be dedicated devices, and they may have a few advantages in doing just one thing,” he said. “But I think the general-purpose devices will win the day. Because I think people just probably aren’t willing to pay for a dedicated device.”
    Original comment (Jan 2008).....
    Quote Originally Posted by author
    Today he had a wide range of observations on the industry, including the Amazon Kindle book reader, which he said would go nowhere largely because Americans have stopped reading.
    “It doesn’t matter how good or bad the product is, the fact is that people don’t read anymore,” he said. “Forty percent of the people in the U.S. read one book or less last year. The whole conception is flawed at the top because people don’t read anymore.”
    On Google and Android.....
    “Having created a phone, it’s a lot harder than it looks,” he said. “We’ll see how good their software is and we’ll see how consumers like it and how quickly it is adopted.” In seeking not to get locked out of the mobile phone world, “I actually think Google has achieved their goal without Android, and I now think Android hurts them more than it helps them. It’s just going to divide them and people who want to be their partners.”
    The Passion of Steve Jobs - Bits Blog - NYTimes.com
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I am reeely looking for that HD2 form factor WebOS phone.
    HTC Supersonic. Android instead of WebOS though.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    HTC Supersonic. Android instead of WebOS though.
    Yeah, it's a bummer, but I'm not really expecting Palm to get into the "licensing the OS" biz again. Sure did pump up the stock though about 9 years ago. Anyway, the device fragmentation is Android's problem. Ask Symbian and WM guys about that one.
    Ha, Reubens probably needed drug money again. Someone at Apple is funding the man's habit.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    That's it ladies and gentlemen, its an ebook based on iPod Touch for folks who needed bigger screen.

PALM can do a similar one. If they really want to be in the game , they should partner with Amazon.
    You know, this all really ticks me off. I got my start doing dev for PDAs, handheld data collectors, and all that jazz. I got really good, and got really good paychecks from companies to do that stuff. Then, suddenly, sometime around 2005, everyone began saying "PDAS ARE DEAD". Then I had to change my resume to a "Smartphone/Mobile Developer". I struggled to find work in my location, and ended up becoming a "generalist". At lower pay than I had made before.

Then, after everyone quieted down about PDAs, Apple had to go and release the iPod Touch. It's a PDA, no way around it. It does a lot of the same stuff my old Tungsten used to do, but with built-in wifi and an updated screen. I had a music player, a wifi card, etc. If that's not enough, Apple has to release a BIGGER PDA. The iPad. Yeah, right. PDAs are dead. Tell that to my freaking paycheck. Of course Palm can do a PDA. They can do all sorts and sizes of PDAs. They can make big flat ones, or small portable ones with nice music playback. But if THEY did it, everyone would scratch their heads and say "Why is Palm getting back into doing PDAs?"